Mia Audina

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by ants, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Very great player

the thing that i like in mia : how can she do to be a contortionist?? hahhahaha this is so amazing when she twist her body lool :D

syaoran

2. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Looks like Mia is getting herself in peak form in time for the Olympics. She's just won the European Champions Women Singles beating Pi Hongyan (almost prefect 11-1, 11-0) in the final and beating Camilla in the semis. She's also won the Women Doubles with Lotte Bruil. This comes after her win in the Japan Open.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    So those bulks are muscles indeed ;)

4. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Man... with all those bulk she can make herself very Muscular whitout takign those drink^^

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I don't think so. It would be interesting to have an old photo of Mia when she was playing for Indonesia, just to compare then and now. I think she was then much slimmer.

6. tama-aki

tama-aki Regular Member

Grad student
    Hahahah you bet!

Mia started gained a whole lot of weight after her marriage when she was 17. She was still training in Indonesia for a few months, and then she left.

Aki

7. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    Holy Moly!
    she was married when she was 17?!...did she have a child, maybe thats why she gained a lot of weight. Boy, getting married at 17 and being a professional badminton player, what a life!

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Mia has very good technical and tactical skills, and also mentally, much better than the best Chinese players. But her weight is her weakness, a very serious weakness, and where the Chinese are going to exploit to the fullest. I am amazed at her audacity to position herself more towards the net despite her lack of reach, but she can somehow reach far, far back with her flexible back to return aggressively. Her Dutch coach should work seriously on reducing her weight. Without losing weight, she might win a tournament here or a tournament there and thats about it. If she were to lose 10-15 lbs, she would make mince-meat of the best opposition.

9. Faisal

Faisal Regular Member

Student
    just curious...

Does Mia speak English? I know she is fluent in Dutch.

10. Eva

Eva Regular Member

She does....quite good actually..

11. tama-aki

tama-aki Regular Member

Grad student
    You're definitely right. When Mia was playing in Singapore, I teased her on her weight and her husband turn back at me and smile (thought he was going to punch me) :)

Mia managed to compensate her short legs and body weight with great bending, but losing weight will definitely improve her performance.

Nope, she said she wanted to wait and don't want marriage/pregnancy to 'disturb' her career.

Yup. Well, Indonesians (she and I will be of the same era) have at least 6 years of English education. The current generation may have about 10-12 years of education.

12. Faisal

Faisal Regular Member

Student
    Where is she?

Anyone knows whats going on with her? As she is not participating in tournaments? Won't that affect her form as she was quite good during the olympics?

13. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

the last time i saw her on tv was when she handed out the bouquets after the womens finals of the Dutch open, if i'm not mistaken.

14. Lobber

Lobber Regular Member

Did not see her alot in tourney recently...remeber a post saying that she was having some holiday in bali of whatever....try searching.

15. the_way

the_way Regular Member

just wonder why luck is not on her side....why until now she has not win any big big tournament like all england, world champion, and of course olympic....

some ppl say her talent is much greater than susi suanti

furthermore...she has been in the top 10 of the WS ranking for more than a decade years since 1994 along with players like camilla martin, zhang ning, and wang chen.....mayb now she has dropped out from top 10 bcoz she took a very very long rest after olympic.....

one very outstanding thing about this lady is that....she was ranked as the No1 WS player at the end of year 1996......she was on top of super legendary players like bang shoo hyun, ye zhaoying,gong zhicao, camilla martin,zhang ning, susi susanti...and we should know that during that time, ye, gong,bang, susi were still playing at very best level......

and ....if she can last until Beijing olympic...no doubt she is going to have the longest badminton career in history

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no doubt Mia has a lot of talent. for years in Indonesia, she was living under the shadow of Susi. and after Susi retired, family tragedies and personal issues causes her to cut her ties with PBSI and moved to the Netherlands. she fought back these bad incidents and eventually became one of the top players in the world.

however, as far as we can tell, she is unable to repeated win big tournaments like the Chinese can do mainly because of her fitness. as we know, the Chinese are ultrafit and can run for hours and hours. Mia has the problem of lasting less than two sets in a match and eventually losing after that. she did managed to improve her fitness by a large margin in 2004, we can see that she outran a lot of Chinese to win the Japan Open title. she came very close in the Olympics final, but against a very fit and smart Zhang Ning, Zhang exploited and expose Mia's weakness once again to win the Olympics Gold title.

remember, there are 3 fundamental "s" in badminton, Strokes, Strategy and Stamina. if you lose out in one against your opponent, you lose the match.

17. the_way

the_way Regular Member

though most of us really wan her to win the gold medal bcoz of her dedication to this game.....but....her lost in athens was also a good thing.....:cool:

if she were to win the gold...no doubt..she will retire.....after the lost...she said she wanted to try one more time in beijing....and with this...i can guarantee li yongbo cant sleep peacefully during big tournament like 5 star open, all england and world championship ......

with her age now..about 25...i think it is still perfectly good...coz camilla also began to outplay chinese women at this age.....

18. Faisal

Faisal Regular Member

Student
    Can any1 tell me how does the indonesian audience treat her when she plays a tournament in indonesia? recently the indo open 2005. since she doesn't play for her homecountry anymore.

19. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

Don't worry, the crowd support Mia. I could hear the crowd cheers for Mia when she met Wang Chen on the final. "Ayo Mia!" Too bad MIA was not on top form and lost to Wang Chen. It seem to me that the crowd have come to term that Mia no longer plays for Indonesia. :)

20. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Mia Audina

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wah.. so young and cute...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]