Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Is it a guarantee china will choose SYQ and LSF for the Olympics? Does WHY stand a chance?

2. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

I think he is already in the national squad after he came out 4th in the selection trials in 2022. He took part in Ruichang masters in 2023 and lost to Sun Feixiang in the finals. I don't know what happened to him this year.

antssantss likes this.
  3. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Great to be able to see the matches only court 1 and 2. Watched Dong tian yao playing Ayush Shetty, a promising young nineteen year old, who lost to A Farhan in the world junior championship last year. Dty
    has improved a lot since then. His defense and net play was the main reason why AY couldn't win by his attacking play. Dty was calm and confident and won . He has great promise. I make him one of the best of the juniors. He plays Wang Zheng Xing another up and coming junior who did well to beat a strong japanese opponent. I haven't seen him play lately but i am sticking my neck out to say Dty will prevail.

4. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

How to watch live matches?? any link??

5. antssantss

Retired
    You tube . look for badminton Ruichang masters live. There are old videos so look out for those without hours or no of days ago.

6. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Live stream that I found is with no audio and getting stucked. Any other live streams??

7. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

Court 1:--

Court 2:--

Justin L likes this.
  8. antssantss

Retired
    Wow i am happy i got it wrong in picking DTY to beat WZM. It means that he has improved leaps and bounds. I thought he was mediocre and the usual junior standard. Cant wait to see the match later. And Liu Liang is very impressive to beat the indonesian

9. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Both are no more juniors. DTY is 21 and WZX is 22. They together with Liu Liang are China's best backup players They missed out on two years of competition because of China's strict Covid control and CBA's tight budget position, I think China does not allow players to have their own private sponsorships. Coming into this tournament DTY had played only 16 international matches, inclusive of junior matches, and WZX, only 36.
    Sun Chao is another good potential, hope he gets to play soon before the juniors start beating him. Di Zijian may be out for good. He and Wang Chang should be a very strong MD pair by now if only he didn't ........
    China's juniors are Hu Zean, Wang Zijun, Pan Yin Long, Zhang Zijie, Li Zi Hang, Luo Jinyu and a few others whose names I have forgotten. We can see Luo Jinyu play against Zhang Zijie in a 2024 tournament below, the first match. Zhang is in white.

#4789 tbgoh288, Mar 23, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    Justin L likes this.
  10. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

Thanks... was wondering where to see the Luo Jingyu vs Zhang Zhijie match. Great win by 2008 Luo Jingyu.

11. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

The SF match between LL and Shesar was very boring. Both players have injury problems, LL in his thigh and Shesar in his back. Both couldn't move well. Nevertheless Shesar did display some of his need n tricky touches at the net.

#4791 tbgoh288, Mar 23, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  12. antssantss

Retired
    DTY couldnt handle WZM's pace,attack and deception.
    Its a very impressive performance by Wzm against Dty. His anticipation is uncanny. He reads the opponents game so well and with his accurate and deceptive smashes he wins the points easily. Love watching him. Reminds me of LCW in the way he finishes his opponent off. Of course I expect him to beat LL tomorrow

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Looks like it with the Paris Qualification period ending 28 April and and only the big tournament Thomas and Uber Cups counting, apart from the insignificant Swiss Open S300 ending tomorrow with most CHN players absent and similarly for the Madrid Spain Masters S300 tourney the following week.

Going by the ranking list, I doubt Weng Hongyang and Lu Guangzu stand any chance of catching up, much less overtaking Li Shifeng, currently ranked No.8, not to mention Shi Yuqi at ranked No. 2. Refer to the current Olympic Games Qualification List https://bwfbadminton.com/rankings/?id=32 .

14. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

As long as they make the top 16, i believe the coaches can opt for one of them if they believe they are in better form although of cos it seems highly unlikely. WHY isnt doing too bad but we hav to see doing the asia championship

15. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Any live stream for today matches??

16. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

Here's one:-

17. antssantss

Retired
    The Cba should be concerned about the state of Chinas WS. In most of the junior tournaments they haven't performed. I cant see any talented WS singles players. Unlike the japanese and indian juniors. Sad

#4797 antssantss, Mar 24, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2024
  18. antssantss

Retired
    As i expected WZM beat LL.
    Both players make too many unforced errors and need to improve. Wzm is very good but he needs to slow down his game. He should study lcw's game to improve.

19. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

20. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

CLEAN likes this.