TKFE replacement

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by AdamMorin, Feb 17, 2024.

1. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

I figured I would post here. I have been a long time Victor user, coming from the Bravesword and Jetspeed series. I did play for a year with the Astrox 88S OG until I found the TKFE.

I know with anything, you sacrifice power for speed. I have really send some lightening bolts with the TKFE but my old rotator cuff injury from 17 years ago is starting to feel it more and more. Especially when I am coaching/running a 3 day clinic. My arm needs a week or two with no playing to recover.

I don't have the ability to test many rackets due to my remoteness. But I'm looking for feedback to see if there are any rackets that stand out.

I'm looking for any racket, any brand(in Canada). I LOVE my TKFE. Love love it. I'm just wondering if there is something slightly less head heavy that fits the bill to go a little easier on my shoulder? A friend of mine suggested the NF800P. I do see that it if stiff(not sure in comparison to the TKFE). If I go head light but more stiff(like the 1000z), would it be just as hard on my shoulder?

Open ears, open to learn. I've never been one for "technology". I just have always found the "stiff/lightly head heavy" racket to be in my wheelhouse.

I mainly play doubles, lots of back court when I can. I do play the odd singles game for coaching/training my highschool athletes. But not really to win or tournament play.

Appreciate any information or insight. I know NOTHING about LiNing and very minimal about YY. I found a lot of love in Victor with the OG JS12, 90K and now TKFE.

2. ChickenSoup

ChickenSoup Regular Member

I also suffer from a rotator cuff injury and went from the TKFE to the Halbertec 8000. Use it in combination with my BS12se and I havent looked back since. Much easier on the shoulder and an amazing racquet.

3. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Is the Halbertec line their headlight line? I find lining and all their names really hard to follow...

I have a friend at club that has a BS12. I'll ask to try hers. I have a feeling when I tried it a year ago it was very "whippy" and soft feeling.

4. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

Halbertec should be the even balance line. BladeX is the headlight range

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

5. ChickenSoup

Halbertec is their Even-Balance control line. I find it does everything the TKFE does and is much better on my shoulder. The BS12 SE is a slightly stiffer version of the OG BS12. I find it an improvement in every way. Especially with the added Freecore handle, much better on my shoulder and elbows. I mostly play doubles so the speedy whippy feeling is much better for quick raliies. For back court doubles, it's not as good as the TKFE, but more than adequate.

#5 ChickenSoup, Feb 19, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
  6. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Interesting. I didn't realize they changed the BS12 stiffness..I actually really liked the OG BS12 but it was too soft/whippy. Maybe that's up my alley?

The Halbertec 8000 seems enticing. I wish I could test it. I keep hearing good things about it. But I also see a 9000 is on its way. Not sure if that one would be even better?

7. ChickenSoup

I've used the OG and the new SE and its definitely stiffer, not massively but noticeable. Not as whippy as the original but still keeping 99% of the old statistics as well as improving on power and less shaft vibration with the Freecore. I use it when my shoulder is not 100% and it helps alot. Definitely try and get your hands on one to try out.

I've tried the 9000 and its definitely stiffer than the 8000. More power but not as manoeuvrable as the 8000. Personally, i didnt like it. However, It really depends on your playstyle. Im less of a power hitter and more of flat drive/control player so the 8000 suits me more. If you're trying to shy away from head heavy power racquets to protect your shoulder, then I'd recommend the 8000 over the 9000.

8. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Appreciate that feedback. I really love my thruster. The idea of having the same racket with just a little less weight in the head really gets me excited.

9. Sensates

Sensates Regular Member

I do find the NF800Pro (3u) easier to use compared to TKFE(4u), but i have to admit I never get used to the TKFE frame. Shaft wise many people commented it wasn't super stiff.

I'm hoping more people will throw NF800Pro into the comparison because I have least experience with the other brands.

10. SaxoProf

SaxoProf Regular Member

Professor

You could try the AuraSpeed 90K II?? It will be slightly head light, but from everyone that has one says more head heavy than original and still feels like good back court power. But lower swing weight than TKFE and Ryuga II

11. swunk

swunk Regular Member

yeah 90k-ii is pretty nice racket, it is definitely not head light, even balanced, fast, power is decent
    i had 2 of them, but one (1.5 months old, freshly restrung at 28lbs) broke in the frame in 2 places (at 4 and 8 o-clock), no clashes, nothing - that is a bit disheartening.