Victor 2024 new racquets. Metallic series and Pro series

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by SIM YUN KIAT, Nov 13, 2023.

1. SIM YUN KIAT

SIM YUN KIAT Regular Member

Victor is launching new series of racket for 2024 appointed for their players starting with
    - TK Ryuga Metallic (Lee Zii Jia) released Nov 2023
    - Auraspeed 90K Metallic (Anders Antonson) April 2024?
    - TK Ryuga II Pro (not sure) Jan 2024

TK RYUGA METALLIC
    https://victorsport.com/news/20898/...zii-jias-newest-game-racket-tk-ryuga-metallic

The TK Ryuga Metallic is derived from the original TK RYUGA engineered with metallic carbon fiber on the frame unlike on the shaft ie DriveX10M. Heavy swing head lover would love this addition and Lee Zii Jia been breaking crazy record smashes on live matches. This racket do not have FREE-CORE like most high-end racket offering from Victor.

ARS 90K METALLIC
    Soon to be released and Anders Antonsen has been teasing this racquet on his social media. Not much information has been revealed yet so far. Probably made similar to original 90K and with metallic carbon fiber to increase the stiffness to the limit.

TK RYUGA II PRO
    Announced during August event, its build from the TK Ryuga II with several improvements on their FREE CORE handle with the Power Ring Pro and with heavier swing weight.

Attached Files:

2. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

victor went heavy metal with their latest products

Raju likes this.
  3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

I would guest Ryuga Pro would be dropped as it wont be beneficial on marketing wise to realese 2 high end model under the same root.

4. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

just ordered in a Ryuga Metallic. Can't wait to see how it plays

5. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

Just picked it up from the post office. Looks very much like an Arc11 Pro

Initial specs:
    4U AS coded
    VBS69 Nano @ 27x29 +15%
    84g strung with factory grip and no plastic wrap
    Edit: 95g with only towel grip (no tape on handle)

It is quite a stiff one. Decent amount stiffer than my unfortunately cracked LZJ coded Ryuga 1. Balance feels roughly the same with it being absolutely head heavy as expected. It also doesn't have the slight hollowness that i felt with my Ryuga 1.

Will be removing the the original grip and using towel grip for my games tomorrow.

Album:

#5 Jared_Tan, Nov 21, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    baronspill and SIM YUN KIAT like this.
  6. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

Managed to get a couple hours of game time yesterday so here are my first rough impressions. Apologies for the very vague descriptions i genuinely dont know how to put it into words. For context again:

Ryuga Metallic AS coded
    4U
    VBS69 Nano @ 27x29lbs + 15% prestretch
    Original grip removed and replaced with Yonex towel grip on the bare handle
    89g total weight

Level of play is about C Grade in the Western Australia state grading ( i guess high intermediate / low advanced...???)
    All games during the session were doubles
    Rackets in my current rotation are a 4U Astrox 77 Pro JP, a 3U Voltric ZF1 MY player code and 3U Ryuga 1 Lee ZJ code (all with VBS66 Nano @ 27x30 + 10%)

• Offense wise it was easy easy power provided you hit the sweet spot. Its a bit smaller than the Ryuga 1's (feels roughly the same as my ZF2) so it did take a while to find it but once it was dialed in, oh boy did it hit hard. Fore and back hands would sail out of the court very easily and overhead power shots just boomed down. With its much heavier head balance and much stiffer shaft, I honestly thought it would be quite difficult to play with and much more demanding but quite the opposite in fact. Drives were also very easy to pull off with it. Fast flat exchanges felt very smooth and the control you get is scarily good. Playing tightly at the net was also very easy with the shuttle feeling like it was naturally guided by the racket in a sense​
    • Defense wise it was genuinely surprising as to how fast it was. My opponents in the session are quite hard hitters but taking their big hits felt very easy and smooth in a sense. I personally didn't feel that the extreme balance (322mm according to Racquetforce) and the super stiff shaft affected it that much although it could also be the towel grip shifting it a bit more. The downside is that it is quite easy to use the same amount of strength you would use with a different racket when lifting or pushing it back, resulting in the bird flying into the next court over.
    Overall I would really rate this racket and it is a genuine joy to use. Its fast, handles really well, its much more forgiving than the original Ryuga and just plays better in all aspects of the game. It also looks hella good as well. IMO if you do get it, use a slightly thinner string like VBS66 or an equivalent e.g. Ultimax, D66, Exbolt 65 etc. 69 Nano does feel very nice and gives very good power, but lacks a lil feedback when hitting.

P.S get lime green strings on it :)

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Sound so much to great racket. Very easy power which end up throw out the shuttle far far away.
    How would you rate the stiffness, shuttle hold, power, manouverability, & control compare to your current racket used?

8. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

I'll compare it to my 77 Pro

Stiffness: Definitely the Ryuga Metallic. If you've tried a ZF2 before, its very very simillar

Power: Ryuga for sure. This thing is a hammer and then some

Shuttle hold and control: This is where the 77 pro still shines. Don't get me wrong the Ryuga is still very good, much better than the original one but I can't describe how the 77 Pro manages so much control and hold on the shuttle.

Maneuverability: Still the 77 Pro but not as much as you might expect. The Ryuga Metallic or at least the 4U version is much faster than the original and it comes quite close to my 77 Pro. If we take the 77 Pro as a base 10/10, I would honestly say the Ryuga Metalic is an easy 8.5/10 for me

9. what07

what07 Regular Member

I was actually interested in the Racket because of its high BP + Swing weight but I now notice that the one they tested had a white grip while the retail ones here had a black grip.

My measurements: (strung + remove original grip and put on overgrip)
    weight: 86.1g
    BP: 322mm
    Headweight: 40.87g

Doesn't feel much headheavier then some of my other rackets tbh. The head is kinda circular shape tho, matches the DriveX10 from my measurements as well.

Jared_Tan likes this.
  10. makemymind

makemymind Regular Member

Already ordered 4UG5 Ryuga Metallic, received today 3UG5 lol. Ryuga OG was beast but after year, too heavy for me. Problems with elbow. I wanted to back to this racket and was happy that Ryuga Metallic was out in 4U and this happened..

Jared_Tan likes this.
  11. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

I may be interested in giving the 3U one a try later down the line to see how it matches with my older model

12. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

Agreed. It feels quite similar to my 3U Z Strike tbh

How's the DriveX10? Was looking at it

13. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Now.. had anyone which own Ryuga M, also happen to own Mizuno Fortius 11P?
    If by luck anyone had, how would you rate both in all aspect (manouver, control, power, etc)

14. Jared_Tan

Jared_Tan Regular Member

Restrung it with my usual VBS66N at 28x31lbs + 10% prestretch. Even bouncing a shuttle on it already feels much better than when it had VBS69

Will be taking it out for a spin this sunday

15. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Anyone seen any information on the new 90k metallic yet?

16. wiratamatama

wiratamatama Regular Member

Any information when Auraspeed 90K Metallic will be release?

17. SIM YUN KIAT

SIM YUN KIAT Regular Member

Tentatively April/May 2024
    Shaft hardness similar to ars hs plus

18. Canadaguyy

Canadaguyy Regular Member

Just received a new tkfe and all of the grommets have victor’s logo and name on them. I know li-ning has been doing that for some time but is it new for victor?

19. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    Yes. Please monitor the health of your grommets before restringing. Of late i noticed that grommet durability is worse post covid for most brands. Especially for thin strings. they seem to cut through the grommets quicker than in past.

20. Canadaguyy

Canadaguyy Regular Member

Yeah, I always have to replace a few before I string.