YONEX INDIA OPEN 2024 (16 jan 2024 - 21 jan 2024)

Discussion in '2024 Tournaments' started by Baddyforall, Jan 13, 2024.

1. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    What was Sun Jun saying to SYQ so intensely even after 11-6 lead, great if someone could translate.

2. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    I couldnt meet you this time but I promise next year I will make sure to meet ya... also if you want I'll get you seated with me but you'll have to let me know in advance cause the passes I get are limited and we have to apply for them in advance.

But yes one thing I can assure you for this year and I guess I had told you earlier too is if you wanna meet Lakshya then anytime but Id say Syed Modi S300 would be good if you happen to be in Lucknow at that time cause he is usually there and if not I'll make you talk to him on Video Call :D

Suilven likes this.
  3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    She needs all the hydrocarbons.

pcll99 likes this.
  4. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Did syq hurt his back again? If both LSF and him are injured, what is China gonna do? Count on LGZ and WHY?

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Nice outfit, Boe.

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Nope, just a tactic from the book to break LCY's momentum and duly succeeded.

7. skhai91

skhai91 Regular Member

Engineer
    Something about shifting his center weight balance forward in his defensive stance whenever LCY jumps up for a shot. Guess it's in response to the slice drops LCY kept giving and some catching SYQ in surprise.

Sent from my XQ-BC52 using Tapatalk

Suilven, Sumanth99 and Baddyforall like this.
  8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    The Koreans need to push the shuttle past Shetty.
    Reddy is weaker with flat pushes.

#228 nokh88, Jan 21, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
  9. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Reddy is having so many bandages in his smashing arm

10. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

These korean and Indian pair prospective Olympic gold?

11. mohans

mohans Regular Member

How about Liang/Wang? Based on the present form, these 3 pairs look to be the top contenders, with Danes as the dark horses. But who knows how the climate will change as the Olympics is still 7 months away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S Chandrasekhar likes this.
  12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In my opinion, SYQ is somewhat more skillful and patient than LCY but physically , stamina-wise, not as good, had the match gone to three sets, it's hard to say who might emerge on top in the end.

That said, SYQ's rise of late is remarkable, a definite sign he's back, exuding more confidence and regaining his inner belief for which he owes it largely to Sun Jun's personal, direct full-time coaching and, in particular, mentorship (look how the two hugged each other warmly in celebration immediately after the match, Sun Jun beaming with delight and approbation, the sight akin to father and son).

To add, SYQ now has to continue working harder not only in his mental aspect of the game to ensure he's completely out of the woods but also, the more so, on his overall fitness,in stamina and endurance, mostly.

Suilven likes this.
  13. S Chandrasekhar

S Chandrasekhar Regular Member

Not sure if that indicates discomfort/injury but almost all backcourt dominant players have strappings.. Wang-Chi-Lin, Liang WK, Aaron Chia, Ardianto instantly comes to my mind.

#233 S Chandrasekhar, Jan 21, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
  14. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

Is badminton going the way of baseball? where all the pitchers that want to be competitive at the top have to ruin their elbow to do it?

15. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Great week of superb action at India Open S750 comes to an end...Thanks everyone for joining us see ya'll in Indonesia next week !!

Suilven likes this.
  16. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

A pleasure, thanks so much for your input this week, makes it more interesting,
    you’re fast becoming a fixer too (nudge nudge), if you do meet up with Baddie next year,
    post some team hug selfies, you can fade your faces out if you like,
    send my regards to my favourite Indian player at the momemt, Lakshya. :cool:

Anks likes this.
  17. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

*My experience today at finals*

Matches were slated to start at 12 noon. I reached the venue at 11. There was a long queue. Majority of them were young fans. We entered the complex and those who knew how to get the best seats, they were sprinting. So was I. Got the tickets after 1st sprint and then again I sprinted to the main gate of the arena. I was fortunate enough to get the best seats for myself. This year, management of tickets were way better. But I feel it’d be nice if they allot seat number with the ticket in future. Tickets were free for all. So you could sit anywhere where you want subject to availability. There was no catering service like last year. Last year they gave the contract to INOX and even didn’t let any water bottle in. I thought this year would be the same. So didn’t bring any bottle and food. To my dismay, there was nothing and people were thirsty and hungry. That’s a downgrade for me. Coming to matches.

XD- Thailand vs China. Majority of fans, actually everyone except 10-15 Chinese fans in the arena were supporting Thailand. Personally, I was excited watching Sapsiree play live. What a player in live view. Total alpha in the partnership. Great atmosphere. Every point for Thailand was cheered for heavily. I myself initiated sometimes like “Let’s go Thailand let’s go”.

WS- TTY vs CYF. Repeat of Tokyo Olympics final. Again, for the first time was watching TTY play. I can say now I’ve seen the best player in history (personally in terms of gameplay and word tour titles) live. Her deceptions, calmness, single leg action while doing drop. Everything was mesmerising the fans present and to the annoyance of Chinese fans ;) She totally owned CYF I feel. Some of the winning points of CYF were top class. There was a TTY fan in the front, possibly Indian with a placard - I travelled 800 km to watch Tai Tzu Ying play

WD- Personally, wasn’t interested in this. But, they made me hopeless to think that WD is boring. Watching them live was really good. Relentless attack and good rallies. Japanese fans were 6-7 in number where I was sitting. They themselves were silent and it was the Indians who were supporting “Let’s go Japan let’s go”. There was some mad Indian who was continuously cheering lol. Japanese were surprised that even we are not excited like him haha. Japanese fans brought small Japan flags. One of the Indians poked the Japanese flag in the clapping balloon and was waving it. Have to say “Anime culture” has brought Japan closer to many Indians’ heart. One Indian kid, some 5-6 years old wanted that Japan flag and Japanese fan gave extra flag to him. The child got happy, so was the person who gave the flag.

MS- SYQ vs LCY. Shi Yuqi is a class player. He looks much classier live than on screen. His favourite over the head cross court smash was a thing of beauty. @Cheung at 0-3 of first game, I initiated “Let’s go Hong Kong let’s go”, but no one said anything after me so I had to stop. The girl sitting beside me was a fan of LCY. I asked her what do you like about her ? She said attitude. I was like okay lol. She also added that she liked the stare of LCY against Kodai last night. 30 percent of Indians cheered for SYQ. And rest 70 percent were getting impressed by LCY comeback so LCY was able to bring them to his favour. Then came the chants of “Let’s go HK let’s go”. The match ended in favour of SYQ. 30 percent who were supporting him were on my section of the stand. So after the match, SYQ bowed to all fans. And when he threw the racket to 5-6 Chinese on opposite side, these fans started complaining to each other “we chanted for you whole time and the Chinese fans were silent, why did you give it to them?” Lol.

MD- Now everyone was waiting for SatwikChirag to come through that entrance door. The hype was real. The buzz got louder. Total world class badminton at least from live perspective, don’t know how you guys felt on the screen. Chanting was real. I controlled my section of the stand, there were 3-4 more people whom I told to cheer. Rest were just happy with balloon claps. Throat got really bad. The result was not in our favour but there was no lack of action from our side or SatwikChirag.

I consoled one young fan whom I acquainted in the morning - Not each day is our day. We defeated the same pair in Asian Games gold match. Which match is more important? This one or Asian games gold ? He got calmed down and we returned. Experience was surreal.

oldtaby, browning, Cheung and 2 others like this.
  18. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Nice summary. :cool:

Just like to add having just watched the men’s doubles, it’s clear the players respect Boe and are feeding off his guidance,
    if they continue to improve and fetch Olympic Gold, Boe will become king maker, has India ever won Badminton gold before?.

Baddie lover likes this.
  19. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Max we have won is silver courtesy Rio 2016 performance of Sindhu.

Suilven likes this.
  20. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Thanks and surely I will take a screenshot of your post and forward it to him it will really cheer him up during these trying times...I very much appreciate all his fans being by his side once again Thank you _/\_

Suilven and Baddie lover like this.