Successor of Adidas P8 from other brand

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Budi, Dec 24, 2023.

1. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Got a bad clash yesterday:eek:, thankfully its survive with some paint chip.
    Cant blame my friend tho, its clean intense games & we are sorry each other.

Eitherway its worrying me:( & at the same times im wanting new toys btw.:p so another toys for play & backup wont hurt (unless for my pocket:confused:)

Any suggestion on current lineup from any brand that is close to P8? Im more of power oriented than speed, so if it would be abit more powerfull in exchange for abit of speed, it would be fine to me.
    Currently im eyeing at Ryuga Metalic, AXForce 100, & Fortius 11P/Q, but im open for any suggestion.

Thanks.

2. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    From my experience of trying the Ryuga Metallic from a friend... the shaft is pretty stiff. It was a bit difficult for me to generate power, but that is coming from someone who prefers medium flex/stiff rackets.

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

What is your current racket? To get an image of how stiff it was.

4. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    I currently use Astrox 77 Pro the most. But sometimes use Astrox 99 & 100ZZ when I feel like I need a heavier head.

Budi likes this.
  5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Thats would be expected but...

When you use 100ZZ & still said

Then, it expected to be stiffer & more demanding than 100ZZ.

Well maybe i need to get my butt to the store for dryswing i guest. Victor & Lining are common brand, so wont be difficult to find.

Thanks for reply anyway.

badmintonpog1 likes this.
  6. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    Yeah sorry... not the best person to be responding haha...

Still would suggest to ask club mates if they have it or a demo version of the racket from the store. It is always better for you to try it yourself on court before you buy if possible!! Ofc you would already know that @Budi !!

Budi likes this.
  7. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    From what I can remember of the P8, the axforce 100 might be a consideration.

badmintonpog1 and Budi like this.
  8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

No prob friend;)

Very true, but i guest its my bad side:p. When i know friend of mine own new racket, i might be the 1st person notice it :rolleyes: & immedietly borrow it for a test, but afterthat i would lose interest to it :confused: as i dont like having the same racket as my friend. The same reason why i never interest on Yonex. Its all over the place & everyone own it even if it just the paint (Play/Games/Pro).

badmintonpog1 likes this.
  9. badmintonpog1

Wannabe
    No worries Budi. I learn from my mistakes when I buy a racket. I'd rather try before I buy ANY racket. Unless if the racket is unavailable in my country or none of my club members have it.

Like at the moment, I'm going to test my friend's Arcsaber 11 Pro 3UG5 version later today. If I like it, I would trade my 100ZZ for it!

Too used to Yonex and grew up with Yonex... :rolleyes::oops: Anyways I hope you find a racket you like close to Adidas' P8!