Victor DriveX 10 Metallic

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by SIM YUN KIAT, Jun 30, 2023.

1. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    So both you and @Jay Ang are using 4UG5 DX10s? What string and tension did you test your rackets with?

For background: I'm a 3U Meteor JJS user (have 7 currently) using G-Tone 5 and Exbolt 63s at 26 x 28 lbs. I've experimented with the DX9 but not as stiff as my JJS and as a result I have not found a true successor to my goto racket.

Verised and what07 like this.
  2. what07

what07 Regular Member

Yes 4U, it was the only weight category available for me to pick from. But from other Victor freecore rackets I experienced a 3U maybe more towards even balance end. I currently have it strung with Kizuna z58 @ 25lbs 20%p.s, same with another 3 other rackets in order to fairly compare them.

I never tried the DX9 so can't really comment, and the JJS 4u I tried was strung with like bg-65 @ 5 months old so ya :rolleyes:.

I was kinda itching to try any of the newest freecore rackets to find something stiffer because I can't depend on the racket response indicator since its all over the place. But so far only the 100x feels as stiff and close to my JS10, but it looks ugly to me. :confused:

So far with the latest rackets I own I would rate it as followed: JS10 > 100x > DX10 > JS12ii = BS12se > Nextage

kingsooji and DarthHowie like this.
  3. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    Thanks for the in-depth comparison. i can agree that the 100x doesn't win me over on looks.
    Hmm.. i had the original JS10 in 4U but didn't exactly like them and at the time the 3U was never available so i never revisited the racket.

I should've added that i use my JJS as an all round racket literally as I play MS/MD/XD all with it. JS10 (4U) and DX9 (3U) were good enough in doubles but didn't play well enough to my liking in singles. On the opposite spectrum, i had the original TK F (3U - not enhanced) which was great for singles, but not quite as responsive for doubles).

what07 likes this.
  4. Jay Ang

Jay Ang Regular Member

I’m using li Ning No.1 at 25 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarthHowie and what07 like this.
  5. what07

what07 Regular Member

3U js10 is definitely a must I feel. Unless you can find an off spec heavy 4U or headheavy js10 which isn't unheard of tbh.

So I had more time with the DX10 and tbh its pretty user friendly. Under pressure shots were just as easy as with my BS12se. Shots also have a nice ring to them and very solid feel. The hefty feeling makes control and shots easy to time but still decently fast when quick flicks and have no issues with defense. I would say its just as fast as my JS12ii 3U but gives me more power and a sharper / crispy feel.

I still feel spoiled by the BS12se super fast swing frame. But the DX10 is truely a great all arounder. My search still continues for a stiffer Victor freecore racket. :rolleyes:

DarthHowie likes this.
  6. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    Anyone tried the 3u version? Wondering how it compares to the 4u.

7. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

for double, how is it compared to ryuga 2 in 4u ?

8. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

How is this stiffness compare to Thruster F Enhanced, 100zz or any other stiff rackets?

#48 s6edge, Aug 24, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
  9. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

Maybe, stick a free core handle of the S10 or 90K OG

what07 likes this.
  10. awesomista

this is a super racket of 2023 from victor this year....
    heavy feeling but still fast, and powerfull and defense is easy and effortlesss
    the smash is a BOMB !!!
    A true Allrounder Racket

DarthHowie, yenyesoh and what07 like this.
  11. M0nst3r

M0nst3r Regular Member

Can anybody compare to TKFE/Nanoflare 800/88S pro?

12. Schoolfishlab

Schoolfishlab New Member

I actually have/had all 4

My Drivex10 is 4u

I actually have very different opinions compared to everyone else here. I'll leave out 88s Pro in my review because i dont like that racquet so ill have some bias. Generally I string exbolt 65 26LB.

Stroke Speed:
    NF800 > TKFE > Drivex 10
    I actually feel tkfe is faster , the entire racquet feels lighter. Nanoflare 800 is faster, even axforce 80 4u i think is faster.

Shuttle speed:
    Dx10 > nf800 > tkfe
    Tkfe feels like it has longer shuttle hold, less responsive, the other 2 is more repulsive, much better in doubles or anything mid court to front court imo. So for TKFE i find myself swinging bigger and adding more power instead of going for sharper pokes, because the pokes font feel sharp enough so i have to compensate by adding more power (which doesnt actually work).

Power:
    driveX10 > tkfe > nf800
    It really depends on what type of stroke it is. half smash? full smash? intercept drive? But What I feel is for full smash TKFE and DX10 is kind of same, but for shorter strokes like half smash, drives, DX10 is more repulsive so the shuttle is faster and a bit more powerful as well. I'll say on average DX10 is actually more powerful.

Control:
    NF800 > DX10/TKFE
    Kind of the same, all decent and acceptable. the head doesnt warp on any of them so imo is all fine. I put NF800 ahead because it is stiffer and head lighter so i feel it is a bit easier to doubles serve and "placing/dumping" the shuttle. But its all same after you get used to them anyway. Just for comparison AXF80 is a racquet i feel like has bad control. For some reason i feel like the head warps (maybe its all in my head) like it torques. For long strokes it is fine because you are swinging in 1 direction, but if ur waving it around like intercepting etc... i feel like the head is still warping as i make contact with the shuttle. I dunno, but I like the axf80 and have played with it for quite a while and i still feel this way.

-----------------------

Smash:
    DX10 > TKFE > NF800
    TKFE feels too soft for me , so i feel DX10 has sharper smashes, I also feel like it is a bit heavier. NF800 lacks head weight u have to put more effort into each shot to get good power. Power ceiling... i think DX10/TKFE similar, I feel NF800 maybe have lower ceiling. But tbh ceiling is a non-factor, that thai mix-doubles player hits like a truck with a arcsaber 7 pro... so.

Drives:
    DX10 > TKFE > NF800
    Maybe im weak , but i feel nf800 doesnt have enough power. the drives feel a bit light... DX10 is more responsive than TKFE.

Drops:
    All same, u have to adjust ur timing/technique a little but once u get used to them they are all fine.

Backhand clear:
    DX10/TKFE > NF800
    DX10 and TKFE bh-clear is perfectly fine. NF800 lacks power/head-weight , so i find i have to squeeze much harder to get the trajectory i want.

Blocking:
    NF800 > TKFE > DX10
    NF800 is just lighter and easier to manoeuvre, cant beat that. Both my tkfe feels less head heavy so i think DX10 is the most sluggish of the 3.

13. M0nst3r

M0nst3r Regular Member

Which one do you prefer, 3U or 4U?

14. M0nst3r

M0nst3r Regular Member

Do you know any good reviews in english language? Looking into YouTube, it looks like the racket is mainly used in asia by now.

15. awesomista

It's goood, you won't regret it...
    Especially if u like power racket...

16. NickifiedNg

How does it compare to Astrox 77 pro or OG. Cause they're my main rackets

17. M0nst3r

M0nst3r Regular Member

I thought the Thrusters were Victors range of power rackets?

Actually I like control rackets. Loved the NF800, just missed a little bit of punch in my smashs. Switched to 88s pro when my NF broke.
    Not bad but no big love either.

18. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Can someone comment on stiffness compared to 90K 2 or 100zz or 77pro ?

19. Schoolfishlab

Schoolfishlab New Member

4u , to be honest, In doubles at least, I think almost no one should be using 3u even if you are playing internationals. I dont know anyone who doesn't have enough power. The problem is either poor technique and/or the power is coming out too slow so its ineffective. 3u is a liability in modern doubles imo.

stiffness

100zz > dx10m > 77p

Its hard to compare directly, because of headweight differences , they feel different on impact. 100zz is a pretty good racquet tbh.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  20. NickifiedNg

Think of getting a new racket.

How does the dx10 compare to the Nanoflare 1000z & 800pro