JS10 3U Snapped. Auraspeed 100X or Thruster F Enhanced Edition

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Viknesa Vetrivelan, Dec 1, 2023.

?

Substituting my JS103U?

1. AX100

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. TKFE

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Viknesa Vetrivelan

Viknesa Vetrivelan New Member

I read alot reviews. Bottom line is I think 100X is for Speed and TKFE is for Power (correct me if I'm wrong).

My question is, imho Js10 was too good. It had power (string Li Ning No1 Boost, 28lbs) and great defence and I was able to do good placement with my shots as the racquet was light and fast too.

Which one among 100X and TKFE could be a better option for me because I want both speed and power bcz I feel Js10 had both?

My strengths : Smashes from rear
    Stuffs I wanna play more : good placement shots and defense

Attached Files:

2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

TKFE is a good option but not quite as fast as a Jetspeed.
    Have you considered the JS12ii? Its a great racket.
    Another option is BS12SE.

3. Viknesa Vetrivelan

Hi. No I haven't considered that. Because 100X and TKFE has alot of hype around it, got influenced by it. Is it really good?

Dave1011 likes this.
  4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I really like the JS12ii, it's fast and powerful.

5. PsychoAssasin

PsychoAssasin Regular Member

If you like it that much, why not get another Jetspeed 10? I know its from an "older" lineup, but Victor are still producing and selling them as far as I know. The Jetspeed 10 C (black and gold color) came out in 2022 and is available at most stores where I live locally and online. I would imagine Malaysia has even wider availability.

6. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The JS10C doesn't have the same feel as the original JS10 unfortunately.
    I found it much slower and stiffer.

Viknesa Vetrivelan likes this.
  7. Viknesa Vetrivelan

okay thanks. I'll go look for it

8. Viknesa Vetrivelan

yeap thought of getting the js10. but since I read alot of the tkfe and 100x reviews been thinking of getting one if it to try too

9. what07

what07 Regular Member

I voted for TKFE because it offers easier power and is still pretty fast compared to other rackets. I would say its just as close to 100x in terms of speed but less stiff. Even the HS signature edition barely tips the scale in the 3U category, and feels pretty even balance and quite solid. If your looking for something similar to ur JS10, I would say 100x would be equal in speed, a touch less stiff and slightly more forgiving. JS12ii 4U is really fast, but to me, too fast if I can't find the right balance / weighted one which is most likely the case, so I settled on 3U when it was my main racket. Great racket and hardly ever gets paint chips. BS12SE is another to consider, headheavier then any of the above but that sword frame just cuts through the air.

AraKyra likes this.
  10. Viknesa Vetrivelan

Great, thank you so much. So, do you think JS12ii gives more power than JS10 and TKFE?

11. what07

what07 Regular Member

If we are looking at all the rackets mention in 4U, I wouldn't say the JS12ii gives more power but its an easier to get out of trouble racket. Its superagile, swings fast from the get go and has really nice level of touch/hold. But for me I wanted that little bit of weight with my swing to help the momentum carry through I feel it was a bit difficult of my smashes were not as meaty, hence my 3U decision.

TKFE I found it does not really excel in anything, but is just like a solid good in everything, including looks and like many I got baited into trying it by Badmintoninsight. The 3U signature I would consider having because it does feel good for the 4 times I played with it but to me Thruster should scream power and I still don't feel satisfied with it. The Drivex10 gives me more omph, solid feel and same control at some lost of speed.

Honestly if u like the JS10, why not just try to get the 1st gen again? Like Dave said the JS10C is a touch slower and I thought the same but I do like the stiffer shaft and the black/gold look is yummy.

12. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

I read somewhere in this forum that the new Drivex 10 Metallic plays quite well and some resemblance to the JS10 minus.

13. Viknesa Vetrivelan

great thanks. yeah sure. I'll either go back to JS10 or maybe try the TKFE or JS12ii.

14. Viknesa Vetrivelan

Would do you prefer JS12ii over JS10? If yes why?

15. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

I think why alot of regular players struggled with the JS10 was because it was head light and extremely stiff shaft, quite easy to cause should injuries. JS12ii on the other hand was a very easy racket to handle, and the head weight and overall racket head was very forgiving and good enough smash. I've used it for around 6 months before switching to the auraspeed 100x

16. AraKyra

AraKyra New Member

I would recommend BS12SE, but if that is out of the question then TKFE. In your usual weight.

17. Viknesa Vetrivelan

I read as 100x is very light headed and doesn't generate powerful smashes. do you feel the same?

18. Viknesa Vetrivelan

my js10 was 3u. since tkfe not as fast as js10, so thought of getting 4u actually.

AraKyra likes this.
  19. what07

what07 Regular Member

I would take the JS12ii.

20. Eskie

Eskie New Member

I have both TKFE and JS12ii in 4U. TKFE is more balanced, a tiny bit slower than JS12ii but still fast enough, smashes are a bit stronger with the TKFE but neither of them are super powerful smash racquet imo. JS12ii is faster and easier on the front court and can still generate good smashes, rear court smashes are slightly weaker than TKFE tho. I like both racquets since I'm more of an all around player. These are just my opinion tho, hope it helps you out. Good luck mate.