NF800 pro or NF1000 Tour

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by BadmintonDave, Nov 15, 2023.

1. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

Hello, I am a UK buyer and I noticed the Nanoflare 1000 Tour is finally in stock in places and I think the NF800 pro comes out in a few days time also.

I gravitate towards head light racquets. My season last year I played with nanoray 800 as my racquet.

When I use my Nanoflare 800lt, it hurts my elbow after maybe 6 hrs (2+2+2 sessions). Not sure if it's because of the weight, grip size, but I have tried a lot of things to improve it and not much changes. It has great repulsion (bg66U strings also) and I do like playing with it. Part of me wonders if Nf800 pro will fit me.

And then there was my nf1000z. Felt amazing to play with, love the frame and the feedback. Then it snapped.
    So, I am thinking to be extra safe and get a NF1000 Tour. As it can't be that much different to the Z?

2. BadmintonDave

Went with NF1000 Tour. Will post about it at some point Monday most likely :)

Tristero likes this.
  3. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

Please let us know if you feel any noticeable difference between the Z and Tour. Santa Clause is preparing my next racket and I dont feel like burdening the poor fellow this year.

4. BadmintonDave

2 days after I posted that message I hurt my back while brushing my teeth (don't ask) :(

I've been playing, but can't draw any racquet conclusions until I feel like I am playing correctly. Chiropractor helped last Tuesday, but I am still conscious and concerned about it.

In short, net control has been great. Serves are great, drives and net kills feel good and responsive. Clears are going ~5cm short of the court length, but that is likely down to my back and nothing to do with the racquet.

I have had one small clash (literally warned my partner not to, but they did one anyway) and all it did was chip paintwork which is a huge relief.

Schultzier likes this.
  5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Now im more interest knowing this than the racket itself:rolleyes:

speCulatius and Schultzier like this.