WC 2005 on espn???

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by cmd17uc, Sep 13, 2005.

1. cmd17uc

cmd17uc Regular Member

Sub-par student
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the WC supposed to be on espn or espn2 now? Although yesterdays tv listings showed them scheduled, they failed to produce, and yes, I tried both espn's on eastern, central, and pacific times :crying:

Did the WC get cancelled, or do I just have really bad luck?

2. moreyp

moreyp Regular Member

Education
    I don't know what time it started but when I got home from work the doubles final was on ESPN2. I watched from 4:30-5:00 pm central time and saw the last game.

3. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

It's on yesterday the 12th. They'll do the singles events next Monday the 19th.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Yes, it was on, at least on the east coast, which was confirmed by my friend. Stupid me forgot to tape it. :crying:

5. wickeddrop

wickeddrop Regular Member

It was on...thank god the power came back on in time for me to watch the doubles finals. Damm ESPN though....commentators suck! Kevin Han was doing commentary as well.

They showed the 1st game...skipped the 2nd game (Only highlights) and showed the 3rd game...all to cram it within 1 hour.

Good angles and coverage though.

6. rudytjip

rudytjip Regular Member

Yes, it was on the west coast too -- on ESPN2 from 12 noon to 3 pm with one hour (minus commercial time ) each for WD, MXD and MD final matches. They had to skip second sets and parts of other sets too to fit the 45 minute-limit of actual air time. Commentary was ok but at times get drowned out by crowd roar (especially Kevin Han's during MD).

To those BC members who missed the broadcast, and would like a DVD copy, e-mail me at rudytjip@pacbell.net. I can send you a commercial-free DVD copy for $5 to cover shipping and materials.

7. blckknght

blckknght Regular Member

Pastry Chef
    Unfortunately I can't comment on the commentators:) We couldn't crank it loud enough in the pub. While I was dismayed to see that there were two espn commentators on, i was at least glad to see that Gil Clark and Kevin Han were commentating too, as I like Gil's commentary. (even got her signature at Worlds;-)) I assume she and Kevin made the others sound pretty uneducated about the sport.
    G

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    was this on HD?

btw, does anyone know if this was broadcasted in HD? i dont' have HD myself, but browsing the DirecTV guide, it was listed in ES2H which means it is the ESPN2 HD channel. if it were indeed HD, then this maybe the first time badminton is broadcasted in HD quality? that will be very sweet...

9. wickeddrop

wickeddrop Regular Member

Not true HD...but it was in HD. Resolution wasnt true HD though.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    ah thanks. was hoping that maybe someone has HD-TIVO'ed it if it were true HD.

i am watching the WS now on TIVO. sigh, 3am.