Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

tbgoh288 likes this.
  2. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

Cai Yanyan, on the long road back from injury, is now playing Wu Yuqi in the SF:
    -- https://www.justmi.cn/v2/live/54659.
    Next, impressive Liu Zeqing (2001) will play long-time fringe national team candidate Gu Junfeng.

Tonight, in the other MS SF, Hu Zhean (2006) will play Liu Liang. In the round of 16, Hu Zhean beat Zhang Weiyi. He then beat Liu Haichao in yesterday's QF in straight sets. He is young and not yet mature, especially physically; hopefully, injury will not hinder his future development.

antssantss and Justin L like this.
  3. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Anyone can post the results of the national badminton championship recentky

4. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

#4644 tbgoh288, Aug 22, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
    Justin L likes this.
  5. antssantss

Retired
    Thank you tbgoh. Much appreciated

tbgoh288 likes this.
  6. antssantss

Retired
    How do you right click on your phone:(

7. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Touch the 3 vertical dots on the upper right hand corner. A menu will open. Touch translate. Mine is a Huawei phone. Should be the same for you I suppose.

8. antssantss

Retired
    Thank you very much

9. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

Is LYC retiring after OG?

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    LYC is still good. Please get him a better partner.
    He is such a likeable person.
    No temper.

Edmund96 and Cheung like this.
  11. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Why would LYC retire so young?

12. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

Basically translates into -- 'First World Championships 2014 Copenhagen - Last World Championships 2023 Copenhagen. Now ended, I've already enjoyed so much. Thanks for your support.'

Maxthon Snap20230826162233.jpg

Woesi likes this.
  13. Justafan90

I wonder if in china open, we will see the home advantage enabling everyone to somehow do well again. Like how did SYQ lost so easily to naraoka in the world championship? And LSF to WTW after just winning in US. Wang/Liang could have taken the the title if we had two Wang chang, Liang WK need to toughen up mentally. Maybe wang chang and liu yuchen should partner up or something

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sigh, a letdown by Team China at the World Championships, except for WD Chen Qingchen/Jia Yifan, a highly intelligent pair, analytical, steady and mentally strong, able to adjust their game to probe for weaknesses and pose difficult questions to their opponents, and not allowing their opponents to play to their strengths, esp evident in how they handle the INA pair Rahayu/Ramadhanti who has obviously been training with their fellow male MD players in acquiring a fast and furious attack cum strong counterattack and stubborn defense to blow away all their earlier opponents en route to the final.

Frankly, it's Li Shifeng and Shi Yuqi who disappointed me the most, the former who had beaten Wang TW twice before in straight sets at the Asis Championships and the Thai Open and yet was clueless against the same opponent at the World Championships while the latter who should have felt uplifted by Viktor A's unexpected elimination by HS Prannoy and be sufficiently motivated to seize the given opportunity to fight hard for a place in the final instead failed to get past Kodai N and played below par showing signs of mental weakness, not only lack of self-confidence and inner belief. Sadly.

15. Justafan90

Right? SYQ should at least be able to get into the final with his level, maybe even win it with VA out, i dont get what’s wrong. He keeps losing in the quarterfinals lately, it’s probably always naraoka too.

16. antssantss

Retired
    I am hoping that WHY is confident enough to take on Lsf and Syq.
    He needs to be mentally aware that he has
    Arrived. He is no longer in work in progress mode..
    I am afraid there are no talents in the juniors and not enough is put into grooming them. All the other juniors are in tournaments and traveling but not China. What's the reason for this?

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I agree that CHN MS is in crisis and the Paris OG is just one year away, very concerning, a mountain to climb. Makes me wonder what's Li Mao's contribution to CHN's MS since his return to CBA.

Even CHN WS has only one realistic prospects among the top few but the KOR An Se Young is certainly the player to beat now and may be dominant all the way to the Olympics. As for Gao Fangjie's comeback trail, it isn't plain sailing, no big breakthrough yet and it's taking longer than expected if we're hoping for a resounding success story; to be honest, doesn't appear too promising, realistically speaking. I won't place much hope on her, GFJ.

All in all, Team CHN's singles discipline is obviously doing worse than their doubles, has been so for the past couple of years, and still no signs of looking up.

18. Justafan90

Its still really dependent on SYQ and CYF., when they don’t perform, its pretty much doomed. WHY is still inconsistent and LSF is like a yoyo.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I agree on the CYF part, who is certainly more dependable and capable than SYQ to go deep in any tournament , even the majors, once she's set her mind on it to carry the country's hopes - that's how she recently beat ASY in the Sudirman Cup.

As for SYQ, at the risk of sounding cliche, he is indeed his own worst enemy - from the facial expressions of his two coaches, Xia XZ and Sun Jun on courtside, I could tell their sense of resignation. I'm afraid nobody can help him but himself, all his coaches could only do so much, the rest is up to him. Sounds familiar? - think Momota.

Reminds me of what the legendary grandmaster , Tang Xianhu, used to say - whenever anybody praised him to the skies for "transforming a certain player" - that ultimately it's the player himself, not the coach, something to this effect ( and even humbly denying he'd that special ability to turn any player into a top-notch exponent, again something to that effect). Personally, I'd say, it's the right coach and the right player at the right time.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I agree on the CYF part, who is certainly more dependable and capable than SYQ to go deep in any tournament , even the majors, once she's set her mind on it to carry the country's hopes - that's how she recently beat ASY in the Sudirman Cup.

As for SYQ, at the risk of sounding cliche, he is indeed his own worst enemy - from the facial expressions of his two coaches, Xia XZ and Sun Jun on courtside, I could sense their sense of resignation. I'm afraid nobody can help him but himself, all his coaches could only do so much, the rest is up to him. Sounds familiar? - think Momota.