Arcsaber 11 replacement - bit more power!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by PeterB93, Jul 26, 2023.

1. PeterB93

PeterB93 New Member

Hi all,

Hoping you can help me, I've been using the Arcsaber 11 for some time now, but last week one of the two I own have broken and I've decided it's time for a change! Ideally want something that is still fast/easy to use but just slightly more power.

So far I am thinking one of the following:

Astrox 88S Pro 4U
    Astrox 88D pro 4U

Can anyone advise which they would recommend?

I've tried an 88S (old version) which I really enjoyed, and the 88D (old version) which was just a bit heavy/slow, but I've heard the new versions are faster? could the 88S be less power than the Arc 11? Is the 88D pro too heavy/slow?

Any help or advice would be amazing!

Thanks
    Pete

Edmund96 likes this.
  2. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

88SP will be more similar to your Arc 11. 88DP will give you more power but will be slower.

The 88DP is pretty easy to use and I also used to be a long time Arc 11 user.

3. PeterB93

PeterB93 New Member

@Kokai Do you think the 88S pro 4U give me more power than the Arc 11? I don't necessarily want lots more power, just a bit of an upgrade from the Arc.

4. Emmanuel Chua

Emmanuel Chua New Member

Hi the closest racket to my 4U arc11 is arcsaber 7pro which is 4U as well. Feels like an upgrade to me

5. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

Maybe? I think the 4U one makes it more questionable. If I were you I would consider the 3U UNLESS your Arcsaber was 4U.

6. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    I don't like being that person... but why not try the Arcsaber 11 Pro? Have you tried it out?

7. iAsianGuy

iAsianGuy Regular Member

I've also moved on from the classic Arc 11 3U, and found that the 3U 88s pro is quite good for me. IMO the 4U 88SP is a little too light for my liking. It does everything the Arc11 did, just with a bit more power and a little more control.

You might also want to look at the Thruster F enhanced too, that one is also quite good IMO.

8. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

The LN halbertec 8k what I say is between Arc11pro and 7pro in stiffness. The flex and headweight makes it generate better power and its easy to use aswell

9. PeterB93

PeterB93 New Member

Thanks for all the responses!

@badmintonpog1 I haven't tried it, but from what I've read online I thought the 11 pro sacrifices a bit of power for more feel/hold?

I originally came from a Z force II, so the Arc 11 was so much easier to use I immediately fell in love. I'm now just hoping to find something with a smidge more punch without losing too much speed/ease of use.

@iAsianGuy Just had a look at the TKF. Looks like a very interesting racket, worried about the head shape though :D

10. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

I’ve been testing out a 3U Arc 11 Pro for about 2 weeks now. It’s definitely harder to use than the original. Namely the shaft is stiffer and the frame is faster. So when trying to generate power it requires better technique. I would say if you liked the OG for it’s ease of use then this is not it, but if you liked it for control then it’s still it.

Funny enough is when I first switched away from the Arc 11 it was to the TKFE. It’s actually because I wanted more power and the free core handle was interesting. I used the TKFE for about a year. It definitely has more power than the Arc 11 but slightly worse control. I’m looking to sell them if you’re interested

raven1121 likes this.
  11. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

If you want something faster then have you considered Victor rackets?
    Jetspeed, Auraspeed, Thruster and Bravesword ranges offer rackets to suit your requirements

12. NickifiedNg

I think the thrusters will be significantly head heavier than the other 3

Dave1011 likes this.
  13. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Not so much now, the Thrusters used to be head heavy hammers but TKFE and TK Legend that I use play very similar to Jetspeed/Auraspeed ranges.

Coming originally from ZFII, @PeterB93 would find those rackets far quicker.

14. NickifiedNg

I tried the ryuga 2 and it was head heavy. Definetly messed up my timing

Dave1011 likes this.
  15. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Yes the Ryuga and Ryuga ii are more extreme than the other Thrusters