Mizuno wave claw /pro/neo review

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by supersmashbros, Jul 9, 2023.

1. supersmashbros

supersmashbros New Member

Anyone have these? Care to comment on d differences? Almost same price here n thinking of purchasing. Currently on asics gel blade 8

2. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

Mizuno wave claw

Mizuno's standard badminton shoe line, equivalent to Yonex's 65z line. Very good outsole grip, but other than that, it features standard levels of comfort, standard weight, standard cushioning, just very standard in every facet, and that's not a bad thing because a lot of people like me prefer standard performance. Comes in 3E (labelled just "wave claw"), and 4E (labeled "wave claw wide"), but in my experience with real life test, in terms of sizing...

Widest (wave claw wide) > (wave claw) > (65z wide) > (65z) Narrowest

Mizuno wave claw pro

Their luxury claw line, features natural leather and not synthetic. A lot of shoes from this line are 2E in width, but even that should be okay for most people because mizuno shoes are very wide, even more so than yonex. Using real leather means the upper leather might stretch over time, more so than the typical synthetic leather shoes like the normal wave claw line.

Mizuno wave claw neo

This is something in between the wave claw and wave claw pro line. From my experience it felt slightly lighter than the wave claw at the cost of stability in the uppers, but honestly i've seen many club players using the wave claw neo or the wave claw with satisfaction.

All 3 are very good shoes. Just try them in your store, you might have to go half a size down from yonex 65z for the claw, claw wide, or claw neo.

yenyesoh likes this.
  3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I bought the Wave Claw Neo 2. Like always the CW got me:

[​IMG]

Fit: I struggle often with the fit in Badminton shoes. Especially when they are brand new and not worn in. I can say this is a roomy shoe, especially for wider and wide feet. If you have a higher instep you won't get here any trouble. I wear in Victor and Yonex 44 (JP 28.0), Mizunos 43 (JP 28) feels much more roomy. Guys who use thicker insoles or custom orthepedics won't get any trouble here.

What I really dislike are two things, which are so crucial that I will return it:

The tonque and other padding are so minimal (to provide the lightweight) that I can't tie the shoe so tight that it feels slug in all areas of my foot. For my feel the shoe can't adapt to each feet properly. It feels that certain spots are tight, while the rest wobbles and the thin fabric feels like the shoe es made of fly screen.

What really bothers me is that you can roll your ankle quite easy over the inside of the heel. I'm used to shoes (Victor P-Series) which gives good support in this area that you feel secure even at deep lunges in fast pace rallies. I personally was a bit scared why they don't made the outsole slightly wider in this area, this would prevent it. For me not a keeper, to risky to try on court.

BTW looks in person much much better, more shiny and brighter than in the picture.

4. MoonJogger

MoonJogger Regular Member

Any thoughts about the fang series ? There is a new model, wave fang 2

Sent from my SM-A525F using Tapatalk

5. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

Heard the cushion is very good at the cost of stability, and is not necessarily suited for badminton

MoonJogger likes this.
  6. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

I have worn the original Wave Fang series - not the 2, for over 10 years. I just bought another pair instead of the 2 or the Claw. It has minimal cushioning, but is a very grippy and fast shoe. I like the traditional synthetic leather overlays as opposed to the 2. I think it would be a tournament day shoe for light and fast players.
    I bought the Wave Claw for my wife and she thinks they are great! But, just looking at them makes me think of more like a low tennis shoe. The sole itself seems twice as durable. Lol!

MoonJogger likes this.