2023 Asian Junior Championships

Discussion in '2023 Tournaments' started by kok tong, Jul 9, 2023.

1. kok tong

kok tong Regular Member

Does anyone know where to look for the results of the Asian Junior Championship? I think the tournament software is currently down.
    Thanks.

2. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

kok tong likes this.
  3. kok tong

kok tong Regular Member

4. cococo

cococo Regular Member

Don't think they would perform better in the individual...After watching the SEA Games(mostly using the same players),I could see they are very far behind other countries. I think maybe just one or two players in the team has potential,the rest of them I really don't think they can catch up to the level of the other countries even if they train harder(physically wise already can see most of them are too small sized and skill wise is behind also). If this continues maybe the Malaysian team has to consider opening up to independents to play as well instead of limiting to their academy players.

I think that 5-0 win against India wasn't a true win as well, I saw India fielded a completely different team against Indonesia the next day. Not taking away from their victory cause it was hard fought but it wasn't Indias best team.

Well other teams like China and Korea also underperformed especially China. Just has to take as a learning opportunity I guess.

Sent from my SM-A136B using Tapatalk

#4 cococo, Jul 10, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2023
  5. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

You never know, it might be India’s best team. Anyway, Malaysia was better than India. That’s a fact.

cococo likes this.
  6. cococo

cococo Regular Member

Sorry it was the past World Junior Championship and not the SEA Games,SEA Games was a different batch. I mixed up the two tournaments when recalling back.

Yes,maybe I was too harsh on them,and they're very young so maybe they can still grow in size and the skill part can always be improved. Who knows they may still spring a surprise anyway,which would be great if they did. I do not think its totally their fault for the underperformance here,more to the coaching and system for failing to develop them properly.

I would say I saw a bit of the India MS match against the Indonesian MS. I think he has a bit of potential,some of his shots are quite clever,surprised when he lost. I would say India gave Indonesia a good fight with most of the matches going to three sets.

Sent from my SM-A136B using Tapatalk

Baddie lover likes this.
  7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Japan beat Indonesia 3-2 to win the final of the team Championships.

Surprised to see the World Junior Champion Tomoka Miyazaki lose her match in two sets. Need to go back and have a look at that match.

8. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Wordeful to see UAE players starting to emerge. One XD pair from UAE defeated Indian XD team which was a surprise to me as this indian pair done well in selection trials.
    Another MD pair from UAE defeated korean MD pair, which is a huge upset.

9. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

still disappointing results in the individual results, only one discipline survived into the quarterfinals.. MD

cococo and kok tong like this.
  10. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

btw. how come there is no court 3 and 5 on live streaming? (for the junior championships inidvidual event)

11. kok tong

kok tong Regular Member

It's all over now. Wow what happened to our Junior badminton? Our SEA games Women team lost to the Philippines. I heard a lot of displeasure among ppl on social media revolving around the top leadership from BAM, the coaches, the coaching methods, the players etc. We need the right person to step up to restore our badminton pride now before it is too late.

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    China is dominated the mixed and men’s doubles with all finalists from China.

Women’s doubles contested between Japan and Korea. Some very skilful players there with Japan with a comeback in the third set to win in the tie break.

Men’s singles won by China.

Final match to be played is women’s singles Korea versus Indonesia. That’s going to be deafening.