Yonex Nanoflare 1000Z

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by NickifiedNg, Mar 20, 2023.

1. raven1121

raven1121 Regular Member

Okay, so I got a replacement and also had it strung to 29/29 and no problem thus far. Initial impressions to follow.

It looks good so far, feels nice and stiff so it rewards a snappy swing. The racquet feels much better as an all round compared to the Arcsaber 11 Pro, but it isn't head light at all. I would say it has some head heaviness, as I came from the Astrox 99 Pro (also 3U) and it was almost seamless switching back and forth. The string pattern feels nice and tight even 2 lbs down from my usual tension (on 99 P), actually pretty close to identical if not tighter.

For those looking for an Arc10/11 or Duora 10 replacement, this feels like the old even balanced feel actually. Yonex has been making both head lights and head heavy rackets and the 1000Z is the first model I've tried that I feel happy playing both singles and doubles with (though note I'm more singles oriented).

yenyesoh likes this.
  2. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Maybe the 1000Z can be very crispy if strung high enough?

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  3. raven1121

raven1121 Regular Member

Well it is more crispy than most to me, thus the hard feel I noted above.

4. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

I completely agree with this

5. robinc

robinc Regular Member

Bought 3UG5 today and strung it 30lbs x 28lbs. Time will tell if there will be issue but I doubt so. I recalled when NF800 came into market, there were many speculation circulating that the thin frame is a concern.

Time proved to me that the modern material science hold its water. My NF800 survived crash of racket with just paint chip, none of the "concerns" speculated actually became reality. Strung it in high tension and the only issue NF800 gave was the vibration from hard hitting.

I have developed a liking for stiff - extra stiff shaft and speedy type of frame and 1000Z attracted my attention claiming to have better anti-vibration capabilities. Personally, that is a deal-breaker for high tension high-end racket.

Will test it out tomorrow on court for initial feel.

pootisfoib and yenyesoh like this.
  6. kyle618

kyle618 New Member

just got my 4u 1000z a few nights ago and im coming from a 100zz 4u and I would say its like 100zz but less head heavy. to cut it short, its an even balanced 100zz that swings faster. Its a damn good racket imo.

raven1121 and pootisfoib like this.
  7. Kurniawan Lie

Kurniawan Lie New Member

Just bought this Nanoflare 1000z 4UG5, testing on court 2 times with light session only, no Clash, and no wrong hitting, and frame suddenly break in many positions
    Tension only 26 Lbs with 4 knot.
    Break my heart, and broke my wallet . [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my V2151 using Tapatalk

pootisfoib, what07 and drew tze en like this.
  8. visor

visor Regular Member

Sorry for your loss. But now that you cut the strings, it'll be very difficult if not impossible to claim warranty from your Yonex distributor.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

9. Kurniawan Lie

Kurniawan Lie New Member

After break suddenly, i directly call the shop owner, and explaining and so some video to see the prove, the shop owner is refusing to give any compassion, then i cut the string after he refuse it. i was his loyal costumers before.

Note: racket break suddenly, and keep cracking if you not cut the string immediately, photo coming soon.

Before using this 1000z, i use NF800.
    For my opinion, NF800 its way more durable and easy to handle.

10. Kurniawan Lie

Kurniawan Lie New Member

Terible break without clash or crash. First break at 2 o'clock position, then crack again inner side of 10 o'clock position. I can hear the crack sound when it happen before. This racket is totally very fragile.

Note : 26 lbs. 4 knot. 4UG5[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

yenyesoh likes this.
  11. robinc

robinc Regular Member

If you compare unstrung 4U and 3U, it is oblivious that 3U is head heavy with slightly slow side swing while 4U is even-balance with a fast side swing.

After stringing and putting on grip, the racket (3U) doesn't feel as head heavy as unstrung condition, giving an impression of even-balance.

Two sessions in the court, I grew more on this racket. Firstly, I didn't notice any vibration when performing various smashes or strokes. Hence, the claim of solid core technology cuts harmful miscellaneous vibration upon impact and ultra PE fiber that absorbs shock at the shaft seems to stand true for my case. Secondly, I felt this racket provide outstanding control of the shuttle and the new built-in T-joint could be the contributor.

In conclusion, my experience with NF1000Z is that it does provide superior anti-vibration and control capability. In my opinion, it is a better racket than NF800 overall.

P.S. NF1000Z doesn't swing faster than NF800.

12. Seckerfers

Seckerfers New Member

Omg, 250 bucks fly away easily deep condolences for that mate...seems like hard to get a warranty for a high end racket here..should be thinking twice to get it into your bag...

I'm wondering how much the right tension for this nf series?? even just 26lbs can broke that racket easily..24 and below would be the safest tension then?

13. Kurniawan Lie

Kurniawan Lie New Member

Actually I don't know too, my previous racket was NF800, i use for almost 9 month, and break due to Clash with my Partners, heavy Clash.
    But i can say, this NF1000Z, it's totally very different material inside, yes it's thick rather than NF800, but as you can see the picture that i send above, 1000z inside around 10pm-2am position ( around head ) have a soft foam to reduced the vibration, and the outside layer is very thin, just like a coating few layers only. Very different with NF800, inside full of layer by layers, and its make it more rigid, even the frame look so thin, but its rigid.

Hopefully this explanation can help everyone to decide, now i back again to buy NF800 2 set. More broke again.

raven1121 likes this.
  14. Noisettex

Noisettex New Member

Nanoflare z is easy to broken but its the same for 1000 tour ?
    Not really the same material ?

15. Kurniawan Lie

Kurniawan Lie New Member

I can say tour to play is more stronger. Coz they not using high end material, and its more durable rather than pro one.

Noisettex likes this.
  16. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Just wondering what reason did the shop said to refuse your warranty claim? I think all Yonex racket comes with some sort of warranty if it break by itself.

17. Jacky85

Jacky85 New Member

18. Kurniawan Lie

Kurniawan Lie New Member

The shop owner said " warranty is off after stringing, if break when stringing, then they will replace with new one. "

19. Kurniawan Lie

Kurniawan Lie New Member

20. Jtcjw

Jtcjw Regular Member

A lot of nonsensical marketing to make us buy products that are most probably cannot be used optimally by the majority of us. I once sold an Astrox 100zz to a beginner, and thought to myself how on earth he's going to enjoy badminton using that racket (yes, it looks great and is used by many pros).

That said, if money is not an issue and one enjoys collecting, why not... The risk for the gullible users in the worst case scenario is they injure themselves (e.g., tennis elbow, etc.)

#200 Jtcjw, Jul 17, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
    raven1121 likes this.