INDONESIA OPEN 2023

Discussion in '2023 Tournaments' started by Baddyforall, Jun 12, 2023.

1. Bigbag

Bigbag Regular Member

Did BWF forget to turn the stream on for SYQ vs Naraoka?

2. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Lol they turn it on right at the end of the first game

3. DinB

DinB Regular Member

Well now there's Christiansen and Boje.

justiceforlcy likes this.
  4. justiceforlcy

justiceforlcy Regular Member

If you want a fair bracket then seedings should not be based on purely the world rankings

5. Bardie

Bardie Regular Member

He is seeded on 3. Only eight seeded in every discipline. Seeding date for Indonesia Open was the 16th of may. At that time SYQ was number 10 in the world ranking.

6. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

What's up with the audio quality on the bwf stream? There's like some crackling sound every couple seconds. Not very impressed for a S1000.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

browning and Michael V like this.
  7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Kodai is just returning everything

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Feels sorry for Shi. The most handsome player in badminton i would say.

9. Bardie

Bardie Regular Member

Gillian Clark would say : "I don't believe it!" ;)

10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Anyone knows how much badminton player train in running every day or every 2 days?(other than technical badminton training) and travelling, etc.

Because i run like 7km every 2-3 days once.

watched Sen vs Kidambi and Kodai vs Shi, to me they look dead. Kodai looks like has the best stamina.

11. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

It probably depends on the player, their category, and on country. My guess is for most Danish players it is very little or none. Pure running is hard for the body. For pure stamina training I think some sort of fitness bike is the preferred choice.

12. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Prannoy is an absolute beauty to watch when he plays his Game...Given hes 30 and just won a tittle despite having gastronomical surgeries is a testiment to his resolute to never give up.

HSP's intellect pertaining to the court and opponent is amazing..I guess he mentioned in his recent interviews how his age,despite people using it against him,is an advantage due to the experience he has learnt.

Best of Luck HSP and nothing to worry NKL I know you are gona be back stronger both of you just wont sit idle without giving tight run to these youngsters :p:D

Baddie lover likes this.
  13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah i wonder if there is running , are they more likely to run on threadmill?. While i dont have threadmill, so i run around my housing cluster (cement).

I always think that if you exercise you will look young, 10 years younger or more but then i think all sportsmen look older than they are and i guess i know the reason why?

- it’s the burden of competition. Its always on your mind. For example if you are number 1, you will always think on how to stay there or if you are defending champion / the night beforw any big Finals. And sports are mostly gruelling, by the time you are 30s , time to retire. I can imagine its indeed stressful.

For us, running is just hobby, a health for everything. We dont think much about. When we think we want to run, we just run - mostly for me in the morning. (I always run 11-12x per month)

14. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

Running on treadmills would be for test purposes only. If they actually include running as part of their training program, I think they would find a surface that is more forgiving for your knees, ankles, hips etc., such as gravel/dirt paths in the local park or woods.
    But again, it also depends on the player. I wouldn't be surprised if Jan Ø was running as part of his training, but I can't imagine AA doing it. I think I read somewhere that VA actually did run in the local park in the early stages of covid, so before moving to Dubai.

When you say sportsmen look older, aren't you just talking about elite sportsmen? Exercise is healthy, I don't think anyone ever claimed that taking the step from frequent exercise to elite sport is overall healthy.

15. browning

browning Regular Member

Crackling/popping since Thai Open and still not fixed

Michael V likes this.
  16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

LiuOu using lots of power in G2 especially after interval, i think they will run out of power in G3.

Turning into really good match

17. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Chia/Soh will be in deep trouble in QF as gonna face another resurgents Koga/Saito…

18. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

That Dutch "girl" is 31!:D

They are pretty good. The reason they can't break the top 10 consistently is that Piek is simply too weak in the defense and the backcourt. To minimise this weakness they are forced to play extremely aggressively, push Piek as far up the net as possible, and have Robin take more of the court. The problem is that if they can't force their attack, they will simply lose in the defense. Even if they can force their attack, it means Tabeling has to work very hard in the backcourt and he isn't getting any younger.

The fact that they are scoring as well as they do is a testament to their qualities. Piek is pretty great at the net, but mostly I think Tabeling is a world class player that could truly contend with the best if he played with a more well rounded lady.

nizze, nilesh123 and Michael V like this.
  19. OxBox

OxBox New Member

VA is looking on point.
    Clever of him to constantly point of the delays, they are super annoying.

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Don't worry. LYC is more dangerous than Koga/Saito. Chia/Soh should pull through provided neither of them screw up.