New BraveSword 12 Color

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by niefeng, Oct 17, 2022.

1. DinB

DinB Regular Member

Should I go for 3U or 4U if I usually use 90s 3U?

2. DinB

DinB Regular Member

Just bought one. Normally I am a 3U user. I brought 3 rackets, all 3U, with me to compare at a local shop (Arcsaber 11, Auraspeed 90s, Li-Ning N90IV). After dry swing, I feel the BS12 SE 4U is actually quite heavy. In fact it has the same feeling as my three other rackets. And this is without the strings. So I decided to get a 4U instead of 3U. Will have a session tomorrow and see how it feels on court.

Attached Files:

3. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

I only came back to the sport a few months ago so I don't have much racket experience to compare it to, but before this I played with a 3U Li-Ning Turbocharging 75. BRS12-SE (mine is 4U) feels similar balance point, maybe a touch head heavier. A LOT stiffer than my TC75, but weirdly feels roughly the same in terms of speed. Although I have to say my TC75 feels a lot smoother when swinging. Not sure which racket I prefer yet, both strung with Aerobite @ 26lbs, and I never got to play with the OG BRS12 so can't comment there, unfortunately.

4. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

What about vs 90k2? Its my perfect racket for me in 4u, and 100x power ring is perfect racket for me in 3u

5. Boggieeiggob

Just want to go back and correct myself bc when I first tried my BS12 I only used one overgrip (rather than my usual 2. Yes, I know I'm weird). Now that both my TC75 and BS12 are gripped the same, my BS12 does feel faster than my TC75, and less head heavy. However I still maintain that the TC75 has a smoother swing feel

6. Boggieeiggob

I haven't tried either of those rackets, I'm afraid. In fact, this is my first time trying a Victor racket so someone else will have to comment on this

7. Jun Keat Ng

Jun Keat Ng Regular Member

bs12se is change to head heavy coz freecore handle is light, so will feel bs12se head will heavy

8. Aeroicy

Aeroicy New Member

Is the BS12SE still a fast racket even though it is head heavy?

9. Boggieeiggob

I don't think it's head heavy at all. Again, I use two overgrips, rather than one normal grip, and when done that way it feels even balanced to me. I'd say the same as an Arc 11 pro, but I couldn't get any feeling out of that racket. Absolutely nowhere near anything like an Aeronaut 9000C, 8000D, Turbocharging 75, Voltric Z Force 2, 80, Thruster F enhanced (although I didn't get much time with this racket so not 100% sure).
    But yes, I find it to be a fast racket. My technique isn't great, but I can generate good head speed on stick smashes when my opponents keep trying to flick serve me.

10. Jun Keat Ng

as i feel like that yonex 88sp like tis, but 72holes hit shuttle feel not like 76holes feels

11. Jun Keat Ng

as u say, u couldn't get any feeling out of that racket coz is freecore make it, even is ryuga2 also same issue wif tis, have part of casual player in oversea also same comment, sometime dun know shuttle hits which of part sweetpot

12. Boggieeiggob

I meant I couldn't get a sense of the Arc 11 pro, not the BS12SE. BS12SE is a really nice racket to use with nice shuttle hold, swing speed and feel, and I feel like it synergises with Aerobite really well. I have no idea what effect the plastic handle has besides weight, but it doesn't seem to change anything for me.

13. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst

I got a chance to string one recently! I love the new design.

Boggieeiggob, akatsuki2104 and s_mair like this.
  14. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Weaving so smooth and fast ! I hope to improve and reach that level of stringing quickly :oops:

15. MR.Smash

MR.Smash New Member

DLUX > Free core + Power ring / 7.0mm Shaft / gold color text on shaft.

SE > Free core / 6.8mm Shaft / silver color text on shaft.

R20190 likes this.
  16. ChickenSoup

ChickenSoup Regular Member

Thats incorrect. They both have the exact same specs, 6.8mm shaft and the text is the same colour(gold).
    The only differences are that the DLUX has DLUX on the shaft and the SE has SE on the shaft. Also, the DLUX comes in a limited edition gift box.

what07 likes this.
  17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

OT:
    That's weaving masterclass. Amazing.

And first time I noticed that the VE-50 doesn't have a diabolo. Interesting.

18. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Thanks! It took me a long time to get to this level. I've been doing this since 2012 and just hit the 15 minute mark about a month ago. I think I've done over 4000 rackets at this point haha.

Keep on stringing and you'll get there!

I think all the Victor Electronic machines have this same riser on the tensioner. I actually prefer this over the traditional diablo. I remember having that on the Wise. I compared with using and not using the diablo while stringing and I didnt find a difference between the 2.

drew tze en, s_mair and akatsuki2104 like this.
  19. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Thank you ! I have been stringing for 2 years, around 200 stringjobs. I am constantly hitting the 25 minutes mark but can't seem to improve my time for quite awhile.
    Doing the mains is fairly easy and quick but I am still slow at weaving, especially toward the last crosses.
    I am still far from your 4000 rackets haha but I will keep it up ! :cool:

xZhongCheng likes this.
  20. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

is the shaft flexibility same as the old one? sorry if this question has already been answered.