[Video] How can I improve? :)

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Razor-BladE, Nov 14, 2014.

1. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

I either describe it like that, or say it's a T pose with legs apart :p.

I know it doesn't sound professional, but that's what it looks like to me.

I first saw it in person at my Sunday group when a tall player was doing it, the day after I saw a professional doing it in their mens double game. I didn't think it would be very effective just by looking at it. But they got everything back with really deep lifts, no matter where it went.

2. Pavlito79

Pavlito79 Regular Member

May I ask what you use to record games and what settings ?

3. Razor-BladE

Razor-BladE Regular Member

Personal Trainer
    True. My problem is that I don't spend enough time focusing on training haha :D

Thanks for the feedback, as always!
    Haven't had any coaching! Only the very rare occasion that I practise some shots with a friend, otherwise I've only been playing games. Not good really :D

Serve, yes very good point. I did at one stage was thinking about where more specifically to serve to, but haven't been doing that recently, not sure why! I think I'm just focusing on getting it close over the net aha. Thanks for the reminder!

I need to get into a good habit about racket carriage, as it's always been low. I think it's a tiny bit better than before :D but yes could be a lot better. I've played some games this week focusing on it (and lower stance) and it has helped. Just need to make sure I do it every time!

Appreciate the reply!
    I will work on my defence/stance a lot more. I have been practising a better stance this week and it has helped, especially as it helped getting the shuttle earlier and returning the shuttle flat instead of just lifting. Hopefully can see a change from defence to attack more often now with more practise.

The problem I have with aiming to the outside tram line is I worry hitting it out :D more dedicated practise is needed I know!

Apart from the most recent one (which my opponent filmed and kindly sent to me), I've been using a now very old GoPro 3+ Black, 1080p 30fps. I've recently got an Insta360 One X2 so will be using that to film from now on.

---

I have another tournament tomorrow (I should be asleep!), playing MD and XD so I'll see if I can get a couple of games filmed and post them

Cheung likes this.
  4. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

I recently got a samsung s23 and the video quality is amazing, in 4K 60fps, even in poorly lit hall

5. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

Start with the inside tram line, then with practice and experience you can start aiming nearer the outer tramlines.

I did a fun experiment with one of the junior clubs I help at over the weekend, everyone starts on 21 points and parts of the court were worth a number of points. If the shuttle lands on your side of the court and you don't get to it, you'd lose 1,3,5 or 10 points depending on which box it landed in.

It was a good exercise for getting them to think about where to put the shuttle, instead of always down the middle of the doubles court as that area was only worth 1 point.

Do show us a video of the tournament highlights and good luck