India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Atleast Meiraba is way better than Shankar. I think he will be another Siril verma. Gone case. He lost in round 1 of the Iran international to an unknown vietnam player. How could we expect results from him?. If he does not change his defensive style , he will not shine at all. Absolute waste.
    Tanya hemanth won iran international beating compatriot Bansod easily. But the weird part is she was forced to wear a scarf during prize ceremony. This is absolutely against the BWF rules. But I dont know why she accept to wear it. And also , in this tournament, no male spectators were allowed to enter the arena including male coaches and players' father. But this time, XD category was allowed. I wonder how BWF is allowing such non sense.

2. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

tanya hemanth another one to watch. yeah idk why she accepted. bs iran organizers, complete shameless people. bwf should put strict reprimands. how can you ask other country's women to wear the scarf or whatever

3. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Tara Shah, I've heard is a good potential. I am hoping good results from Sankar and Unnati in future.

Good thing about Indian badminton is that small academies are propping up with good players. Sankar's is an example. It has raised hope for smaller academies. In next few years, we might see more and more promising players from smaller academies or smaller towns.

I feel Jolly is being wasted with Gayatri. Jolly's previous partner, Rituparna Panda was amazing. I think she was lost to politics as far as i have heard.

Jolly/Tanisha could be an explosive pair but might still fall short of top pairs even if they click together. As of now, no chances of that happening.

Too late for Ashwini. But she has done her bit for almost a decade.

Baddie lover likes this.
  4. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Unnati and Shankar, as expected struggling in senior circuit. Tanya and Aruna prabhudesai are doing well. Aruna is in top60 of ranking list. Once she experience top tier girls, we can see her true standard .
    Shankar came from an academy which never had a professional level player before. Just coaching students for domestic level and for recreation. But I dedicate his success in junior level to his father. Shankar also is very keen. But I felt somewhere they missed out coaching him to make him strong all round player. He simply relies on defence. I dont understand how can he win matches in senior category using only defense.

Aswini/ Tanisha are good but this pair seems like formed in the notion of qualifying for Olympics. But could they ?. Only time will tell.

5. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Indian morale was at a new low after the humiliating performance at the India Open. It was their worst performance since 2008 when no Indian made the QF stage. The players need to get some wins to regain some confidence and composure.
    HS Prannoy is vulnerable against younger and faster players. They should have played Prannoy against Hong Kong and Lakshya Sen against China. PV Sindhu is slowly improving with each match, she needs to cut down unforced errors. She played like this in 2014. Will she be able to step up before the Sudirman Cup? India should look for a semifinal finish if the singles players can step up.

Doubles was a breath of fresh air and gives hope for the future. I was not expecting anyone to win a match just a game or pushing them close.
    Chirag/Dhruv are an option when Satwik is injured. Chirag was mentally strong and guided Dhruv in the games. Gayatri/Treesa are green shoots and I like their attitude. Never give up and keep fighting till the last point. Treesa still need to work on soft touches at the net and mixing smashes with drops. Gayatri on her defence and attack. This will invigorate the grass roots and give Indian doubles the self belief to realise their potential. We can finally start thinking of Olympic medals in doubles! :)

6. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I know I am speaking to air,

They create Olympic focus group and centralized facility now itself, probably poach some coaches if needed.
    What happened to Sen's korean coach ?

7. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

He started missing his family and went back to Korea.

8. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

We currently have 3 XD pairs.
    Ashwini/ Pratheek
    Sikki/ Rohan
    Tanisha/Ishaan.

Ishaan is the weak link and unless he sorts out his mental blocks will remain a liability for India. India should use one of the other pairs for the Sudirman Cup.

9. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Ishan, Ashwini, Prattheek, Sikki, Rohan all are weak links.

Tanish + new guy would be good.

10. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I want Tanisha and Satwik. Satwik doing double duties will require him to be really fit and disciplined.

11. 80plus

80plus Regular Member

Agreed about Prannoy. About to mention it.. Recently he lost to "fresh" leg players to Top circuit like ZJP, Kodai, Lu Guangzu..
    In WD, we like very much to watch Treesa's fire in her face.. She is natural doubles player!?. Junior days she played GD in nationals with other players.

Gayatri was singles player & multiple national Champion. In GD, she partnered with Vaishnavi Reddy Jakka & Samiya.
    Gayatri should have continued with singles to carry India's hopes in WS after PV Sindhu(or parallel with PVS ). Why she moved to Doubles?

12. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Gayatri was struggling in singles at the senior level. She didn't have the confidence to continue. I feel she made a good move in switching to doubles would have been easier if she made the decision earlier.
    India is a team in transition in singles and doubles. It will take time for the next generation players to raise their level. During that time India will have many unpredictable results.

13. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

14. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Sumanth99 likes this.
  15. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Sumanth99 likes this.
  16. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
  17. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

PV Sindhu felt she was stagnating with Park and told him to stop coaching her. Park also confirmed on his Instagram account that he is no longer her coach. It's not clear if Park will return to Korea or continue with junior players at the Gopichand academy.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  18. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Sumanth99 likes this.
  19. 80plus

80plus Regular Member

20. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Yup! Kiran George knocks out HS Prannoy in 2 games 21-12, 21-15