Good & durable overgrip recommendation

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Cloudx, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

I'm currently using Lining's GP3000 overgrip for my grips. Been using the same grip for quite a while now. I like the grip due to it's tackiness, soft and quite reasonable sweat absorbent. I feel this is something Yonex's Overgrip AC102 can't provide as I've use AC102 before switching to Lining.
    However the downside of this grip is, it's not durable. It easily tore off after a few games or when it stick with another racket grip in the bag.
    So I was wondering if there's any other brand of grip you guys could recommend me? [​IMG]

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

2. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

That's a tough one. I would advise buying a full length racquet cover per racquet in your bag (or just the ones with the li-ning grip on)

Have you tried any Karakal branded grips? They have a wider range than Yonex in England.

I used to use the Yonex pu super grip, but they were too thick. So I swapped to AC102ex and I like them more. During June-October last year there was indeed a lot of sweat on my arm and hand when playing (it was at least 25-35 degrees C) and you could see the sweat colour when regripping the racquets.

3. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Karakal has mostly pu super grip which is thick right? I prefer overgrip as it's very thin. In the past, I used AC102EX but I found that after a few sessions the grip tend to loose it's tackiness & become somewhat slippery.

4. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

There's different kinds, and maybe even more different ones available in your region.

I was recommended one ages ago that was not too thick, and had holes in it, like swiss cheese. It wasn't my thing ^^.

90% of the ones on direct badminton website were thick thickness. 2 or 3 products looked thinner, like the ac102ex thickness.

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Have you tried Wilson Overgrip Pro? I personally prefer it over Yonex AC102 due more tackiness and a better feel during summer. Maybe worth a try.

Budi and Cloudx like this.
  6. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

I second this. I won't go back to the Yonex AC102 anymore

ucantseeme likes this.
  7. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Do you mean Wilson Pro Comfort? I'll give it a try once my current GP3000 runs out. I still got about 5 pcs of unused grips to go.

upload_2023-2-3_23-14-27.png

ucantseeme likes this.
  8. Budi

Budi Regular Member

+1
    AC102 user before & once try it, never look back.

Wow... What a colorfull collection... Why mine only had white & grey....:mad: tho the white one match with my P8:rolleyes:

9. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    The colors on the picture are quite off. The Yellow, green, pink and orange are a bit brighter. I prefer pink and white. They are also available in black, but just tried white, yellow and pink.

10. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

Might want to look into the Yonex AC135. They are quite durable, and the tackiness last a long time. They have a textured surface as well that increases your grip.

11. ChickenSoup

ChickenSoup Regular Member

Wilson Pro are definitely might favourite grips. They’re a bit more cushioned compared to Yonex AC102. I’m a fan of the bright colours as opposed to Yonex’s dull muted looking choices.

The only downside of the Wilson grips is the colour loss from the bright colours. If you have more than 1 racquet in your bag. The grips that touch each other will rub and there’s colour transfer.

12. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Been using Wilson Pro Comfort for a while now & indeed it feels way more comfortable and durable too.
    I don't have any color loss on mine, maybe because I bought all the same colors so color loss isn't noticeable.