2023 Daihatsu Indonesia Masters

Discussion in '2023 Tournaments' started by BadSmashPdx, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Thank you, ct3 is better than no court, but why cant they show all matches live on BWF youtube, I wonder what the problem is?

2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

thats the thing.

3. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

Priyanshu Rajawat one of the young talents to look forward to?

4. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

5. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Ajay is catching up on all the education that he missed as a teenage boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baddie lover likes this.
  6. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I never watched Kanta Tsuneyama before. Why I feel the same vibe as if i watched Kodai. The same style with same strokes. Mostly a rally type of player. Prannoy lost game1 after entanglibg in Kanta's rally game. I don't think he will last 3 games.

7. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Very poor play from WHY except for in early G2

8. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Well said, couldn't have framed it any better.
    For someone who doesn't know a lot about Japan's (Nippon) badminton association, would they allow KM to participate in 300s (if not 100) tourneys if he and his coach insist?
    If it's not prohibited for a A Lister, than I beleive that's a major difference between him and the likes you mentioned. If I were to imagin the same, I'm sure CM, CTC, and even VA would go and do it (start from lower tornaments). But I beleive they'd benefit from

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'd advise you to think before you write for it seems to me that instead of trying to cast aspersions on Wang Chang for calling a medical timeout and thereby disrupting their opponents' rhythm, you are actually belittling or disparaging their opponents, the reigning world champion MD, Aaron Chia/Soh Wooi Yik, for failing to save 5 matchpoints and winning the deuces as well, in a way implying they are unworthy world champions, not worth their salt. Similarly in the case of the Living Legend and Evergreen MD pair, Ahsan/Setiawan who apparently lost to WC/LWK under somewhat similar circumstances, again it was WC calling timeout at the crucial stage of the match.

What if the timeout occurred when the floor needed to be mopped for either side when a certain player dove or fell onto the floor, that would likewise disrupt the momentum for the side that's on a roll?

Besides, what's your basis for thinking or assuming (how sure are you?) that Aaron/Soh could have saved 5 matchpoints and gone on to win the deuces and hence take the match that WC/LWK had to resort to that "trick " or "gamesmanship" as you called it, regardless whether the medical timeout was justified or not as the rules allow it, and the umpire is there to ensure the match is conducted in accordance to the Laws of Badminton and the Rules and Regulations of the BWF, and makes his call as he deems fit.

It should be said that Wang Chang had earlier at some point in the match when he dove and hurt his hip, a blood stain was visible, thus he was granted medical attention. As such, shouldn't benefit of the doubt be given him then ?

Nevertheless, neither Aaron/soh nor Ahsan/Setiawan made so much as a murmur against the medical timeout. It's only left to sore loser fans like you and your ilk to make much ado about nothing, what "tarnishing the image of badminton", and so on and so forth.

How about you start a petition for a rule to be stipulated to the effect that if one side is on a winning streak of 4 or 5 points, no timeout for whatever reason is allowed until the run of points come to an end?

Have more respect for your idols ( assuming they are) or, perhaps, they would rather do without fans like you. Let's not make too much out of such incidents which has occurred to various players from different nationalities.

#70 Justin L, Jan 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I sensed that Shi Yuqi in G1 was unsure what to expect from Momota and was a bit nervous and tentative. It's only when he had one game in the bag that he felt he could let himself go a bit, that's when he upped the pace, be more proactive as his confidence surged whilst Momota, otoh, felt the pressure mounting as he couldn't cope with SYQ dictating more and more of the rallies until he wilted.

Indeed, Momota is still a shadow of his former self. Let's see how long he can keep trying and whether it would be a case of there's a will, there's a way. To me, he is such a talent and if one day he can finally muster mind over matter , then, who knows.

Age-wise, he is 28 now, he simply cannot be drifting for too long, I hope he makes or breaks soon. Wish him all the best.

skhai91 and justiceforlcy like this.
  11. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Nishimoto won the first round, but It looks like a lose to me.

With kind of these scores in 3 game against to a young and unexperience opponent, Nishimoto cannot go to top 10.

12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

The tickets to me are not cheap but the stadium already looks full yesterday to be honest..(which really is the rarest in R1 of badminton tournament)

and this morning people are already queing o enter the stadium at 5am. Crazy man wkwk

(Maybe the tickets still too cheap)

13. Beta2k

Beta2k Regular Member

14. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Are there no streaming today?

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

With such enthusiasm , i feel like Indonesia masters can offer 700-800k prize money and Indonesia Open can have 2Mill prize money

As long as there are markets for the fans and they are willing to pay for it, i cant see why they organizer cant dish that kind of money. Even with double the prize, there are lots of middle income Indonesians year by year.

16. felipe

felipe Regular Member

finance
    loser fans will always have many excuses then their idols lost
    Haters are everywhere for any players

Justin L likes this.
  17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

well they know what they are doing. Im just saying what i see. Dont need to write so much just to support your player. Did i say they cheat? But it wont change my mind that the way they win us morally wrong. And im calling them but it seems that you are calling me. F A

Funny how they only call medical when they are sensing dangers and it will mostly happen on 3rd game. its the same with CHN wd yesterday.

just admit it , this is gamesmanship that is told by CHN coaches. Funny how these things always happen but there are always excuses like how Syq retired at last point vs Momota. You are just like that person. Just morally wrong person

#78 Yoji, Jan 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  18. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Lakshya loses first game. Was 19-17 up , then lost 21-17 :(

19. mohans

mohans Regular Member

That was just un-sen like. My sense is he will implode this game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baddie lover likes this.