2023 Petronas Malaysia Open

Discussion in '2023 Tournaments' started by BadSmashPdx, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Mr Wong

Mr Wong Regular Member

Can we still watch court 1 if we VPN to Holland?

I feel tired may not go there tomorrow

2. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    If you use a VPN you can watch ct 1 on BWF youtube

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

AhsanHendra targeting top 5 this year

4. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

The SYQ vs CTC match should not be a first round match. It totally sucks for them.

5. lurker

lurker Regular Member

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It seems to me the 33-year-old Chou Tien Chen's stamina and endurance is better than the 26-year-old Shi Yuqi's in a protracted struggle - a three-setter war of attrition - esp when, in G2, SYQ had to expend a lot of effort coming from behind to draw level at 18-all only to finally lose the deuces 24-22, which then took a fair bit of toll on him in the decider.

Kudos to CTC , a very smart, analytical player with very good court sense, an unyielding fighter who can think on his feet , adjust his game according to the situation and the opponent, thereby demonstrating why he doesn't need a coach. Talking of which I think he'll make an excellent coach in future should he chooses to become one.

#66 Justin L, Jan 10, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    Raju likes this.
  7. kurako

kurako Regular Member

What kind of score line is this?! Did both players decide that they simply wanted to play a one-game match?

upload_2023-1-11_8-38-5.png

nilesh123, Sundis and akatsuki2104 like this.
  8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    They probably agreed to play only 1 game showdown. :D

9. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Haha both decided they could not be bothered to try and win at the “bad” side.

Cheung likes this.
  10. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Why does court 1 get tall boxes to put their gear in and seats at times but court 2-4 gets boxes that are on the floor ?

I feel like hokikobay will
    Barely make it top 8 yearly till Olympics as alot of stronger more
    Confident teams are building up. And they seem to have NO confidence at all and maybe had a really short run during the covid era of badminton.
    I dont see them reaching any SF or F this year

Minions are going to come out SUPER strong till Olympics as both are healthy and kevin issue is sorted (maybe) with his coach. Gideon with dye hair is back! They have something to prove! More then any other
    MD team. Which might give them a upper hand boost.

China md pair liang / wang is a team im watching out for till Olympics as I feel they might become the next minions in the upcoming years and see them winning a few 500s/750/1k series .

daddys play EXTREMELY!!! well the first 1-3 rounds their shuttle placement is FANTASTIC! then it all drops in SF F probably cause age.
    image if they kept that playing style throughout the each tournament I dont see them getting beat!

MS getting boring with VA dominating

WD needs rules changes as its super boring watching 120+ rallies

XD is fine!

Ws is Fantastic and has 8 plays that can easily WIN , can over take MS in enjoyment .

11. Ajesh

Ajesh New Member

Can anyone tell which racquet astrup kim/rasmussen anders skaarup using now?

12. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

really like the pictures.....keep them coming pls

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Minions will be the hunter and not the hunted. Would like to see them still being able to win 5 SS titles this year. Being serious and now, healthy i cant see any pair that is going to be more consistent than them. all the packs are so competitive in MD and its the most exciting sector. CHN 3rd and 4th MD and TPE can beat anyone in their days

Dont think Fajri will be a good number 1. They are basically Hokbay after WR1 my feel. There are lots of pressure in MD where only few points can decide a match ( esp so because Rian cant really handle the pressure of service). Didnt watch yest, but from the score thats how they always lose 2 pointer. Now they become the hunted, its totally different ballgame.

14. om patel

om patel Regular Member

is the reason they wont be #1

watch out for liang / wang from china

15. Pcyl

Pcyl Regular Member

To me, in MS not boring at all with VA dominating. VA has worked hard and is playing well. He deserved to be dominating. No matter who dominate, if that person worked hard and play well he or she deserved to dominate. Nothing boring. Enjoy to watch.

Sent from my XQ-BT52 using Tapatalk

justiceforlcy likes this.
  16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Only court 3 & 4 are live on BWF Youtube?

17. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    What happened to the other courts?
    Can't find livestreams...

I hope geo blocking is not back for Germany. But can't find livestreams on sportdeutschland.tv either.
    Very annoying

Victor92 likes this.
  18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Definitely. anyone can beat anyone. I just watched LSF vs LKY. a seeded vs unseeded but prolly feels like 10-20 ranked play one another where Li could have won has he seized that tight G2. Will prolly never watch if its like WD or XD. or WS

MS - Basically 1 guy dominating. but 2nd-25th anyone have a chance

WS - top 8 dominates , the rest is sh*t. though there injuries to top player so this might change in due time but basically thats that.

MD - No one dominates . 1-30 ranked can giant kills each other.

WD - I dont find any pattern in this but prolly ChenJia is the best. Not very interesting. Lets say its worst than WS top 8

XD - 1 guy dominate followed by 3 pairs and the rest is sh*t

justiceforlcy and skhai91 like this.
  19. cococo

cococo Regular Member

LSF is intimidated against older and higher ranking players...I think LSF is technically better than LKY actually because he can beat Kunlavut who can beat LKY. Maybe because they come up together from the junior days so LSF is not as intimidated by Kunlavut.

But I notice he tends to lose to older players like Jojo, and even his senior LGZ. He always lose by a few points as well not by a huge gap which shows it is more of a mental issue.

I notice the same issue with NTY as well,he tends to lose against higher ranked players but can easily beat those with lower ranking and he also mainly lose by a few points. But at least NTY has beaten LKY before in Commonwealth Games.

From the mentality side I think WHY and LJH from China and Malaysia team are slightly more stable than their counterparts, LSF and NTY, as they have beaten higher ranked players quite a few times. But WHY lacks a bit of skill and I think LJH ranking is too low. At least WHY has opportunities to take part in large tournaments despite being the third MS for China. LJH even beat WHY convincingly before but yet can't even take part in large tournaments.

Sent from my SM-A136B using Tapatalk

20. om patel

om patel Regular Member

What happened to MD “twin towers” ?

court one GILL and seen are VERY boring together or alone …. I do understand they have a long history of badminton but court two commentators is way more entertaining with his facts and play by play also this other commenters during the finals and the tournament before finals with the British accent was EXCELLENT!

my 4 year old everytime marin is screaming he is mimicking her scream LOL its funny!