Are Yonex Pro level rackets worth it?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by NickifiedNg, Dec 6, 2022.

1. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

I've been noticing that the prices have gradually increase by more than $50 this past year. Take the Victor Auraspeed 90k for instance. It used to be $209 but an Auraspeed 90k II would cost atleast $259 to purchase.

For the more budget limited ppl like me. Would the lower priced Yonex Tour graded rackets perform equally as well. Or do we just have to deal with the inflation and pay the premium price. For all I know, we might soon be forking out prices closer to the Lining top range models that goes for $300+ in Australia

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

I think the answer would be vary between people.
    In general from my perspective:
    1. Top end had better feedback than the lower end. If you just do hack & slash, i dont think high end would benefit you.
    2. High end one use better carbon material thus had better stability than lower end one. If you play high lv games, where all skill are equal then what matter next are equipment thus stability would benefit you but if not, why waste money when no one can kill you on bad net play.
    3. We all had ego thus we want to hold our hand a pros racket makes us look cooler if we had one & under illusion we could perform like a pros when we use it.
    4. High end had longer lifecycle or at least the generation are maintained (OG 88, Red/White 88, 88 Pro). For you who care for performance stability you wont have headace finding replacement when yours broken. While low end normaly are just 1 season market & gone, then replaced with new series. For example AX38/68, AX DG series, & now Tour/Play series.

3. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

I once had the yonex 88D pro and the 88D game. The pro version definitely felt more solid and better overall. Now I could play with the arcsaber 11 pro and tour. They almost feel the same, the pro was stiffer but both feel solid. I think the tour are worth the price.

4. laksamanax

laksamanax New Member

i have an arcsaber 11 pro 4u5 and also the tour 4u5. with the tour i feel the vibration through my arms but not with the pro one, i think its because the ultra pef on the pro that makes it has less vibration. thats why i add yonex power balance slim on the shaft near the cap(like this guy on the photo but mine is tidier) to make the vibration gone and it works. so i think it is worth it to have the pro so you dont have to add something anymore to your racket.

i hope it helps.

upload_2022-12-7_12-18-41.png

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Do you really need to change racquets ?

If you’re happy with your present model, why change? Can you ask in your local community whether people have second hand models stashed away? I heard in Australia selling second hand racquets isn’t really a thing so if you might be able to pick up some good bargains if you spread the message out.

I used a Yonex carbonex 20 for over a decade. Luckily the racquets were really robust. Even the second hand ones that I used on a regular basis lasted years of stringing with 28lbs or higher. I did source some more cab20s in anticipation of racquets breaking and still haven’t used them. It was only because of doing racquet reviews that I changed away from the cab20. Then finally I stopped playing competitive singles and converted to doubles where lighter racquets have an advantage. I had to change then.