Victor Auraspeed 90K version 2 Review and comparison to AS90K 1st version

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by potter88, Oct 25, 2022.

1. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

Not a switch, more like a spare 4u racket lol... Because i won't get another 3u because already have 3u 100x and original 90k... And so i can switch depending on the teammate... If my teammate can carry me on the back ill use 4u 90k2 and look for an intercept and netkill, when im carrying my teammate i use 100x 3u..

2. Jay Ang

Jay Ang Regular Member

Hmm, personally I think 90k2 4u is better than 100x 4u. If you are looking for a “power speed” comparison, 100x lose to 90k2.

Therefore, I suggest you try 90k2 3U if you have the budget since you prefer to play doubles with 3U racket mentioned in your analogy above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Currently playing with 100X 4U and I’m trying 90k2 4U, same setup (vbs63 25lbs)

90k2 feels a little heavier in hand, a little more « dense », is easier to play, power generation is easy, a little less manoeuvrable
    100X is a little stiffer, more « direct » feel, as if it was compact head

If you’re playing both singles and doubles I think 90k2 might be better, but for now I’ve only played around 2 hours with it, so take my word with caution

4. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I’ve played with 4 Victor latest racquets, all in 4U, and to me they rank up this way:

Speed:
    Auraspeed HS > 100X > 90k2 > TKFE
    Accessibility:
    90k2 > HS > 100X > TKFE
    Power potential:
    TKFE > 90k2 > 100X > HS

Just remember for now I’ve only played with 90k2 for a little more than 2 hours and that I didn’t clicked with TKFE (weird one to play)

pootisfoib likes this.
  5. Jay Ang

Jay Ang Regular Member

Fully agree with Ice Man on the ranking. That’s why in my earlier post, I call 90KII a “power speed” racket. Kind of a good blend. Love it so far.

6. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

looking forward after you spent more time with 90k2 wether there's change to your ranking or not
    also please add sitffness if you dont mind. victor's sitffness indicator is so wrong imo. most of highend rackets rated same at medium-stiff 7.5/10

pootisfoib likes this.
  7. awesomista

Thanks for the answer... Right now even 3u 100x is very maneuverable for me... I dunno if in 4u 90k2 would be less maneuverable or more maneuverable than 100x in 3u...

Sometimes i play single and i like 100x 3u better than original 90k 3u... 100x generate the power better and steeper smashes

8. Jay Ang

Jay Ang Regular Member

Actually in my honest opinion, it is not that 100x generate more power and steeper smashes. It is because 100x shaft is less stiff and lighter head than 90K.

Therefore assuming your stroke is more suitable for less stiff shaft, this plus faster head speed will cause the shuttle speed to be much faster but the shuttle would feel “light” when the defending player blocks it.

A player who can handle 90k shaft stiffness will still be able to produce a fast shuttle and the shuttle would feel “heavier” to defend against.

pootisfoib likes this.
  9. awesomista

from what i feel, 100x power ring is stiffer than 90k (maybe just me), and some people said it is stiffer on 100x thats why the control is better...
    and about the head weight 100x power ring (cushion grip + overgrip) is a little bit (not much) heavier than my 90k (original grip + overgrip)

i think the technology matters (free core and rebound anti torsion etc) or maybe my technique is better suited with 100x power ring...
    my friend said 100x power ring is more HH than original 100x

10. ice man

ice man Regular Member

That’s not an easy question to answer because of the free core handles which soften, at least feeling wise, the marketed stiffness
    But to me, for now, I’d rate the stiffness this way:
    TKFE >= 100X > 90k2 > HS

They’re all manageable to play even for a good intermediate player, at least at my string tension (25/26lbs)

pootisfoib likes this.
  11. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I played some time with the original 90k in both 3 and 4U and to me it’s less stiff than the 100X
    Bear in mind in use Ahsan signature version of the 100X, in 4U, and this racquet feels quite like a compact head racquet beside auraspeed HS or 90k / 90k2

12. awesomista

Is ahsan version head heavy or headlight? Because many review said it is headlight

13. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I would say it’s even balance, but not the same way as auraspeed HS

HS is even balance but with the head weight located around the T
    100X is even balance but with the head weight more towards the top end of the racquet head so it feels a little head heavier when in hand, but when swung it’s even balance

14. awesomista

Thats why 100x hit is stronger... Ehat about 90k2 headweight? On the T or top end?

15. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

That's interesting. I have the OG 90k 4u and Ahsan signature 100x 4u (different string/tension setups though) and I feel the 90k is noticeably stiffer and heavier than 100x. In my case I actually agree with the stiffness indicators on the rackets: 8/10 for 90k and 7/10 for 100x.

16. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

I wonder how the Ryuga 2 would fit into this. From what I've read it would probably be at the bottom of your speed scale, middle for accessibility, second or third for power, and tied for first for stiffness.

17. Jay Ang

Jay Ang Regular Member

My sentiments exactly. 100X is less stiff than 90K like I mentioned in my post above.

In terms of stiffness, I’ll say 90K > 90KII > 100X.

Anyway, I’ve played 2 training sessions (2hrs each) plus 4 games (2hrs each) for the past two weeks with Li Ning N65 string strung at 27 pounds. And with each game, I like 90KII more and more. It takes maybe the first 4 hours to get fully used to the swing of 90KII and after that, enjoy the beast especially during drives :)

pootisfoib likes this.
  18. Jay Ang

Jay Ang Regular Member

I feel that Ryuga 2 would be 2nd in accessibility, 4th in speed and almost the same power output as 90KII.

19. awesomista

I'm confused wether to buy ryuga 2 or auraspeed 90k2 in 4u

20. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Second session of 2h30 with the auraspeed 90k2

It keeps its relatively easy access to power but the power output on full smashs is much improved. Haven’t smashed like that for a long time. I would say it’s close to the astrox 88D pro, but the astrox smashs seem « heavier » so a little harder to defend.

I was complimented on my power play and smashs yesterday, which are not my forte, I’m more of a counter attacker, but used to play much more at the back before hurting my hand last year.

I stand on my previous thoughts, great racquet for an allround play with emphasis on back court power play. The manoeuvrability is very good for a racquet able to hit that hard