[Review] Victor Ryuga II

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Zoap San, Oct 5, 2022.

1. rakenrol

rakenrol Regular Member

in a marketing standpoint, couldn't Victor just have given LZJ a repainted Ryuga 1 to the ryuga 2 colorway?

2. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Honestly, they should do that. But given the time constraint where Denmark open is coming + LZJ is maybe pushing hard to change the racket back and they don't have time to repaint I guess? LZJ performance really drops after he changed to Ryuga 2.

rakenrol likes this.
  3. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

too late now that LZJ posted his thought on changing the racket back tho lol.

4. rakenrol

rakenrol Regular Member

yep, pretty much compromised the sellability of the ryuga 2 when the pro athlete it was designed for doesnt even want to use it. was LZJ consulted or had inputs on how the ryuga 2 was designed?

Bieffe likes this.
  5. Jay Ang

Jay Ang Regular Member

My 3U Ryuga II came yesterday and I just used it for my 2 hours training.

Got to say that Zoap is right about Ryuga II being better than Astrox 100zz. The repulsion from Ryuga II is really good for backhands / cross court nets / defence against smashes.

As for smashes, I personally felt the angle of my smashes is a lot steeper than when using Astrox 100zz maybe because the shaft is longer and the WES. Power wise, let’s just say it’s at B+ / A- grade. I’ve not use a 4U version of Ryuga II but 3U seems pretty good for me.

Free core handle is really good and I prefer Victor rackets over Yonex from here on. *joins the Victor fanboy club too*

Overall, really satisfied with 3U Ryuga II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Khamenman likes this.
  6. Jay Ang

Jay Ang Regular Member

Hi Zoap San, I know you are a huge fan of 100X.

Do you prefer Ryuga 2 over 100X? May I know the reason to your answer as well?

thanks for taking the time to reply as I am thinking whether to get 100x 4U.

7. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I preferred 100X or Hypersonic in male double since I'm comfortable playing mid-front court if my partner preferred to smash and play rear-court. mixed doubles or male double where I needed to be at the rear-court more often, then I preferred ryuga 2 over 100X or hypersonic.

Basically I have 2 sets of rackets depending on situations. 1 for front-mid court (100X, Hypersonic etc) and 1 for rear-court (Ryuga 2, 88D pro etc.) I keep changing rackets when I'm bored, I know it's not good for skills improvement but it really doesn't affect me much.

8. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

When you play at the back of the court, how would you compare the Ryuga 2 to the 88 D pro?

9. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

It's steeper because of the wes and free core, my smash steeper than 90k after i changed to 100x power ring

10. MonkeyMadness

MonkeyMadness Regular Member

Is this anything like the TK9000? I'm struggling to find something that plays simular but this seems to have the head heavy, medium/stiff set up.

Cheers

11. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

After nearly 2 months of playing with ryuga 2. My first string finally broke and I noticed that there is a medium sized fissure near 12 o'clock grommets which 100% told me that my ryuga 2 is done. I'm sending the racket to Victor for claim process so yea. Ryuga 2 frame durability issue is a thing. I've never crash my racket even once while playing with ryuga 2 and the crack appeared only after string snapped.

12. arsdtrn

arsdtrn New Member

entrepreneurs
    Victor need to up their manufacturing for their latest batches of high end rackets crackings. I'd be wary of getting another their high end rackets which are usually more expensive than others. BTW, I have 2 pcs 100Xs (3u n 4u) . Managed to crash my 3u while playing MD resulted a faint hairline crack and chip.

13. Schultzier

As nobody answered, I would still like to know how the Ryuga 2 would compare to the 88D/S Pro in terms of head heaviness :D

14. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

IMO its between 88D pro and 88S pro. For shaft, Ryuga 2 is a lot more "springy" compared to both while stiffness is similar imo.

Schultzier likes this.
  15. Schultzier

Thank you very much!!

#35 Schultzier, Oct 28, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
  16. makemymind

makemymind Regular Member

Mixed feelings about this one. Previously i used 100zz and 88d pro, both in 3U. Then, few months ago i go with Ryuga 3U. It’s perfect for me. Good hammer, so much power. Already buyed Ryuga 2 in 3U because of corious and in first 2 hours im dissapointed. Its flexy af, like big Haribo gummi bear on hand lol. Smash is weak. Compared to Ryuga 1, completely diffrent racket.

Schultzier likes this.
  17. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Totally agree with you.
    Ryuga 2 is disappointing. Too flexy.
    I interchange with ryuga 2, 90k2 and HS in doubles games. 90k2 and HS way better.
    Perhaps ryuga 2 better in singles games.

18. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

ryuga 2 is easier version of ryuga 1, because most people can't use ryuga... Only athletes/strong arm & wrist player that can use ryuga1 which is very rare... Beginer/people with weak arm is very friendly with this racket so the marketability of this racket is higher than previous ryuga 1.. If you re okay with ryuga 1 then don't bother to change to another racket,

Judging by the spec i think ryuga 2 is suitable for double, a stronger version of tkfe (original tkf blue is for single too), that's why lee zi jia is not suitable for this...

19. Zaratan

Zaratan New Member

thinking to switch from yonex 88d pro to the ryuga 2. any thoughts?

20. Nehru0131

Nehru0131 New Member

Is ryuga 2 durability issue always happen?
    I like the raket but little worried about frame durability.