Victor Auraspeed 90K version 2 Review and comparison to AS90K 1st version

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by potter88, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

so which is better? 100x or 90k ii?
    or do u have recommend for similar type of racket?

Kien likes this.
  2. Jay Ang

Jay Ang Regular Member

Overall, I very much prefer 90k II over 100x. I feel the smashes have more power and steeper and somehow it has more “feel”.

90k II is quite unique and I can’t really place a finger on a similar racket..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. flogge20

flogge20 Regular Member

And in terms of speed? 90k II oder 100x?

4. Jay Ang

Jay Ang Regular Member

Both are almost equally fast. But 100x might be a tad faster. However, the smashing power of 100x loses out to 90k II, so overall I think 90k II stands out abit more.

5. what07

what07 Regular Member

Looks like BadmintonPoint has 4U for sale now.

6. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

It's made in Taiwan and China which will mark on the shaft.

Kien likes this.
  7. Kien

Kien New Member

After some market research, I found that 90K II rackets sold in China are made in China, 90K II rackets sold elsewhere are made in Taiwan

pootisfoib likes this.
  8. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

I have original 90k in 3u and 100x power ring in 3u..
    My comment is :
    100x is faster, better control, more forgiving miss-hit, have steeper smash, more power on smashes and effortless lob... Based on my current wrist/technique with the original grip still attached on 90k and cushion grip on 100x

Im very interested in 90k 2, and I'm thinking of getting in 4u version, because i'm enough with 3u rackets

My question is, if i buy 4u 90k2, will i have better power than original 90k 3u / 100x power ring 3u? Because victor europe said the balance point is 306, much higher than 90k and 100x...

Do you know what country does this racket sold? Because in my country even ryuga 2 haven't come at all ...

9. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

I have the OG 90k and the 100x, both 4u and I much prefer the 100x over the 90k as I find the 90k slower and too stiff for my liking. Is the 90k ii stiffer than the 100x or around the same?

10. Jay Ang

Jay Ang Regular Member

90k II is definitely less stiff than 90k. Similar stiffness to 100x but if I were to say, it’s slightly stiffer than 100X.

pootisfoib likes this.
  11. potter88

potter88 Regular Member

Thanks for the inputs about the AS2 90k. I am still searching for website that sells the 3U version in Europe. I am going to Asia soon for 3 weeks Holidays and I hope I can get a 3U version of this AS2 90k

12. flogge20

flogge20 Regular Member

Could anyone of you write a more detailled review on the ARS 90k II? Maybe comparing the AS88S Pro? ;)

13. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

I was arranging my holidays according tournaments schedule, but arranging holidays to get the racket is quite nice as well :D

potter88 likes this.
  14. awesomista

Do anyone knows where can i find reccomended shop that sell victor rackets/this auraspeed 90k 2 in Bangkok near Pratunam?

Because in my country even ryuga 2 is still not available, maybe around Q2 next year LOL... But i want to get it in my hands right now... So when my cousin have a holiday in bangkok this december at pratunam area i ask her to buy it for me...

15. flogge20

flogge20 Regular Member

Received my 90k II 4U today strung with Exbolt63 with 12,5 kilos. Excited how it will perform.

16. Neurologik

Neurologik Regular Member

research
    Looking forward to you review :)

17. flogge20

flogge20 Regular Member

Had my first games with the ARS 90k2:

Initial was pretty light with very fast swing speed. Weight with string and overgrip is 93 grams. Feels pretty even balanced compared to for example a Yonex AS 88S pro which is not a head heavy axe.

Hitting:
    String felt to tough similar to a piece of wood. Strange feeling I think. Was not forgiving and you need to be exact when hitting. Conclusion: string cut and restring with Nanogy99. Absolutely better. Hitting again.

Clear forehand and backhand:
    No issue for back to back clears. No timing issues, good length, good speed.

Smashes from the back need more adjustment. At the moment no click and smash was disappointing a bit. The more you move to the midcourt the more the racket shined.

Dropshots especially sliced shots need more effort and concentration. There no weight in the head that carries the shuttle a bit. More adjustment needed as well.

Netdrop is nothing special.

Flat and fast drives is incredible fast. Reminds me to JS10 or even faster. God it’s a beast. So no wonder that defense is easy peasy.

All in all not so easy to play with except of clears. For my liking it could have more headweight combined with the increadivle speed. I assume it is not my cup of tea.

Neurologik likes this.
  18. awesomista

Which is better? 100x or 90k2?
    I have 100x powerring in 3u which is absolutely better in all aspect vs original 90k in 3u...
    Should i try 90k2 or skip? Because in my hand 100x is already a perfect for me, easy clears and lobs, good smash from backline, steeper smash, super great control, forgiving misshits, super fast even in 3u

19. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

If 100x is already perfect for you then there's no need to switch lol.

20. potter88

potter88 Regular Member

Thanks for the feedback. Using the racket for the first time may need adjustment esp if you have been using a different racket/brand. A 3U version of this AS2 90K would make yiur smasged better due to its added weight.
    Thank you for the review. I think you need to adjust to get used to this racket if you are using a different racket prior to using this AS2 90k for the first time. A 3U version of this racket may give you more punch in smashing. I would rather wait for a 3U version