OG Astrox 88s Vs Thruster K Falcon Enhanced

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Neurologik, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Neurologik

Neurologik Regular Member

research
    Hi all,

Wondering if someone played with both of those and could compare them for me please. I'm wondering mostly about the "headheavyness" and the access to power (is TKFE a bit less stiff too?). Also wondering if TKFE as good as 88s in drives and defense or if close. I'm looking for a raquet similar to 88s but a bit easier to play on my "less in shape" days, wondering if that bigger sweetspot could help. I play mostly doubles with drives and netplay but I like to smash with power when in the backcourt.

Thanks !

2. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

I use tkfe, but never use 88s.
    I tried 77, 88dp, 100zz, n7ii light, ryuga.
    Tkfe still the best for me.

It's medium to stiff.
    Net quite good, drive is good, smash is helpful.
    Defence if the cock far from our body, it's really so good. But if the cock in front of our body, it's so hard.
    Due to longer racket.

There is people who don't like backcourt and smash.
    If u play mostly rearcourt buy 88s.
    If u play even-balance and need more power buy TKFE

#2 Kwarevo, Nov 8, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    Neurologik likes this.
  3. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

Silly question but have you tried the 88s pro?

I now play with the OG 88s (3U) and tried the 88s pro as well

Personally, I preferred the OG one because it suits me better (stiffer and only slightly HH)

However, I think the pro has its merits too -> shaft responsiveness is better (stiff but snappy) and the new string pattern (while I didn’t like it because I thought it reduced power) does have a nice “holdy” feel

In short; the pro is a physically “easier” version of the OG88s but you’ll have to get used to the new feel on the stringbed

Neurologik likes this.
  4. Mikkel Press-Stevn

Mikkel Press-Stevn Regular Member

You could consider the Auraspeed 90k insted. If you want something easier then the OG 88S.

The K Falcon is in my experience a more demanding racket to play with then the OG 88S.
    I swiched from an 88S to the Victor Thruster F enhanced and liked it quite a lot - but I would consider either the Auraspeed 100x or new 90k gen2 if I had to change now.

Neurologik likes this.
  5. Neurologik

research
    Thank you very much for your replies !

I never tryed the 88S Pro maybe I should but was a bit turned off by the decrease power I was reading about.
    So TKFE acces to power is not easier than 88s but it is more powerfull with good form right ? I was hoping for less demanding, more powerfull and as responsive raquet but I guess i would be to much to ask ;)

I will look at the Auraspeed and the 90k thanks !

6. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

It is a shame that the OG88s 3U is not more readily available because I think that ticks the boxes you had -> good netplay + midcourt drives + decent juice in the rearcourt albeit not super easy to handle

The pro version is certainly good at the net and midcourt but, to me, it has reduced the power (maybe not that much and could simply be mainly the holdy feel that threw me off) compared to OG so maybe that’s a no-go

Neurologik likes this.
  7. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

Whoops posted twice

8. Mikkel Press-Stevn

Mikkel Press-Stevn Regular Member

I would say the TKFE have more easy access to power then 88S and it is easiere to play with as it has a larger sweetspot. But with my limited time with the Auraspeed 90K, it was even easier to use but for me a bit more flexible in the shaft.

Neurologik likes this.
  9. Neurologik

research
    Thank for all your advices ! I went with the 90K v2 finally in 3U for easier play but still some speed&punch !