He BingJiao (何冰娇)

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by RedShuttle, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

In recent matches, she loves the net and wider of the out lines most.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sigh. I guess I have to temper my ambitions and wishes for her.

The sight of her suddenly returning to her old habit of being error-prone and gifting points like nobody's business, shook me up again. For the second time in her career, the first time was several years ago, I felt like giving up on her.

It takes a strong heart to be her ardent fan, no joke. To me, she is like the female version of Lin Dan, the way she plays when she's on top of her game. Alas, it's not to be, I'm afraid, she's not going to make it to the top of the heap.

I mean, her inability to lift her game to her pinnacle and stay at that level long enough, that is , consistently, is a stumbling block to ultimate success. Well, time for a reality check, have to let go.

3. viver

viver Regular Member

I watched a few of her games lately. Like you said, she is leaner and fitter. But what I could not see, maybe because it's on TV or computer, I do not see her strokes more powerful or moving or playing a faster game - not to mention her focus on the court. She is good on her net play but don't see her that dangerous in the background - like Tai or Ratchanok. To be like a female version of Lin Dan, she would need to read the opponents faster, able to adapt to different opponents on the court, and vicious counter-attack shots.

Justin L likes this.
  4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2022-07-22/doc-imizirav4914043.shtml
    Now, this article indirectly explains why He Bingjiao is the size she is today. On looking back, if only she had started with gymnastics first before switching to badminton, she might be much leaner today. Sigh. :p:D:)

[​IMG]

Here's my translation:-

Recently, He Bingjiao, a member of the Chinese national badminton team, visited the "Champions Parlour" of Sina Sports (a Chinese digital sports media platform) and recalled her childhood experience of playing badminton.

He Bingjiao said: "When I was young, my first (induction) coach asked me if I wanted to come over for chocolate because he was afraid I would go to gymnastics." I said, yes, yes, every day I'd go eat chocolate. As you know, when you go to the badminton hall, you have to carry a badminton racket, so that's how I took up badminton."

[​IMG]
    北青体育

#用巧克力可以骗走何冰娇#】 中国羽毛球队队员@何冰娇的小号 做客新浪体育#冠军会客厅#,在谈到之前为什么会选择打羽毛球时,表示是被羽毛球教练用巧克力哄骗的。 http://t.cn/A6a8A5ZA tyz
    0 0 0
    07月21日 22:09

Chinese badminton player @He Bingjiao, the trumpet, visited Sina Sports # Champions Meeting Room. When talking about why she chose to play badminton, she said that she was tricked by the badminton coach with chocolates.

RedShuttle likes this.
  5. viver

viver Regular Member

Was it the reason why she looked chubbier?? I do hope she could improve her focus and fight for the top spot in the future tournaments.

6. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Case solved. That coach made her chubby to keep her in badminton instead of losing her to gymnastics.

Justin L likes this.
  7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Natural athlete spotted early

Justin L likes this.
  8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

He Bingjiao, I am at a loss for words - two titles, the Denmark Open and the French Open back-to-back beating virtually all the best of the best in attendance, with the exception of An Se Young who was absent - how did you do it?

For you to clinch the first one , overcoming both Akane Y in the semis followed by your compatriot Chen YF in the final was surprising enough for me. Then for you to go on and capture the second title the following week , first routing Tai TY in the semis and then besting the resurgent Marin who's on a comeback trail in hard-fought final was simply astounding, coming from you, that is.

It's a phenomenal feat that's on par with Akane Yamaguchi's recent tremendous achievement retaining her world title and winning the Japan Open on homeground in two consecutive weeks just a couple of months ago. Right, in recent years, it's getting tougher and rarer for any player to win back-to-back titles where practically all the top players are in attendance.

To be honest, I've more or less written you off after your recent debacle at the world championship in August when you failed to convert six matchpoints and went on to lose the deuces to Marin in the quarterfinals. But, now, you all of a sudden revive my hopes and wishes once again to see you scale the heights of badminton one day.

Actually, I have more to say but I'll save them for the future, you know what I mean. For now - Heartiest Congratulations, He Bingjiao ! Great Job.

9. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Huge back to back performances. She earned those titles the hard way!

CLEAN, tbgoh288 and Justin L like this.
  10. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

My goodness! This thread started on Nov. 27, 2012, almost ten years ago, for a seemingly "can't miss" talent. So many maddening unforced errors later, HBJ is finally coming to form. Congratulations and keep it up!

During the break in the third set, Coach Luo YiGang told HBJ: "If you play to your ability and speed, you are the best. No one can beat you. Understand?" Then, HBJ promptly lost the next six points:oops:

Justin L, CLELY, CLEAN and 2 others like this.
  11. CLEAN

CLEAN Regular Member

Haha! The He Bingjiao everyone loves!

#411 CLEAN, Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

She played well in Europe soil, as long as she can keep consistent and reduce her habit to deliver cheap points to her opponent, she has chance to secure Paris 2024 slot, facing fierce internal competition in CBA.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Indeed, He Bingjiao did it the hard way, very hard, in particular the second championship at the French Open '22.

Even Gillian Clark felt the need to talk about her match with Busanan that was played past midnight in the QF of the French Open where she appeared in distress at the end of that encounter; GC related that scene twice in her commentaries, once during HBJ's semifinal match with TTY and the second time during HBJ's final showdown with Marin.

For myself, while watching HBJ's matches on zhuafan.tech, the livestreamer also posted a snippet of that incident showing her presumably dead tired , kneeling in front of the kitbox with her head buried in the towel held by her hands and supposedly in tears according to some reports; thereafter, as shown, coach Luo Yigang went over to console her, and after she got up on her feet, her opponent, Busanan, also walked over to comfort her by putting her right hand around HBJ's shoulder as they left the court together, what a heartwarming gesture on the part of the Thai.

That's why before HBJ's face-off with TTY , I was certain she'd be sent packing uneventfully. To my astonishment, the contrary happened, it was TTY who was comprehensively defeated, well and truly beaten in masterful fashion by HBJ !

Still, to be honest, I was unconvinced, thinking to myself, surely the resurgent Marin on her comeback trail, looking very fit, in fine form and having stopped the redoubtable reigning world champion, Akane Yamaguchi (whom, however, I believed was indisposed) in her track in the semis would proceed, without a shadow of a doubt, to put a possibly humiliating end to HBJ's quest for a second title in two consecutive weeks, what with the toll of accumulated fatigue, probably running on empty, and suchlike affecting HBJ the next day.

As you know, I went so bold as to state I was prepared to eat my hat if HBJ proves me wrong on final's day of the French Open'22. Well, the rest, as they say, is history.

Woesi and LenaicM like this.
  14. viver

viver Regular Member

I honestly did not expect her to beat Tai after her match with Busanan, but surprise, she was able to beat Tai and reach the finals. I also thought, in the Final, after the first set, Carolina would finish the match in the second set, and surprise again.. The final set, when HBJ surrendered her service at 20-17, again the thought - here we go again, will she lose the match in deuce? Luckily she prevailed, and I think she needs to work on her mental area for competitions.

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Her interview after FO was in English. Her pronunciations were good (very clear) but a little lost in vocabulary. Kudos.

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Is there a link?

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Please wait. I hope I can find the link again.

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
  19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
  20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Allow me to repost here what I wrote in the tournament thread today for the WTF '22 Semifinals where He Bingjiao once again was drawn to play Tai Tzu Ying after beating her in two straight games by the identical score of 21-19 in the group stage but lost badly this time in lackluster manner, sluggish and gifting points like nobody's business despite what the scoreline says, 21-18, 21-14, where in G1 she was trailing by several points all the way whilst in G2, she actually led 11-5 only to commit a string of mostly unforced errors. My purpose is just to put on record my tongue-in-cheek comment so that it'd not lie buried deep in the said tournament thread. So here it is just for fun and I believe many of you can sense my disappointment and frustration with HBJ's indifferent play:-

" What's He Bingjiao doing donning the Father Christmas costume, Santa outfit, today on court when playing Tai TY? And, Oops, she's emptied out her X'mas bag without leaving one gift for herself ! Wait, HBJ, where's mine, you promised me one, the WTF trophy ?
    My goodness, why can't you wait until next week to shower your X'mas presents, does it have to be today???"

Finally, let me add in the same facetious vein: "He Bingjiao, you owe me one big X'mas present. I don't care, if you don't get me 10 championship trophies next year in compensation, I won't ever want to talk to you again !" :p:D:)

tbgoh288 likes this.