Head out of shape

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Stu cook, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Stu cook

Stu cook New Member

Hi, I have an old pros pro drop weight stringing machine and just recently when I restring a racket when I take it out of the clamps the head is out of shape... 1 side looks OK but the other side bulges out in the middle.. I have clamped the racket like I have done for years ... any ideas..?

2. Kuantrz

Kuantrz Regular Member

"I have clamped the racket like I have done for years .."

How have you done it for years? Do you start your mains from the middle working outwards, or side to side?

It is hard to give any kind of input or advice when we don´t know your work progress.

3. Stu cook

Stu cook New Member

I have clamped the rackets the same way for years and I have strung the rackets the same for years without a problem, now the heads are going out of shape and I was wondering what to check on the machine that might cause it..

4. Kuantrz

Kuantrz Regular Member

What kind of machine do you string on? Is it a 6-point mounted setup? Are the side supports working as they should or is one side broken?

Take some pictures, or even better a video of you stringing and show us.

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Also some frames like Astrox have an asymmetrical paint job which will lead to an optical illusion. Have you measured it and how? Eyes can get fooled. What racket is it? Some frames also flex a bit more, so making it for many years the same don't make it right. Maybe other frames flexed less so it didn't was an issue.