Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Like you already know, it's not really an language that is currently spoken, so even people knowing Chinese will have trouble reading it and it's unlikely that they can read it all. I just got this back...
    signal-2022-09-30-00-38-56-987.jpg
    But she also searched and found out that the design is based on tokens used by military generals in ancient times. I would not want to carry that on my back, but I'm not looking for a new bag anyway...

ucantseeme likes this.
  2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Thanks. If this is the case, I also don't want to carry that on my back. I want to play sports with anybody and don't want to disturb or offend somebody with something I don't know. So I need to look at different models or brands. I'm really picky in terms of bags.

3. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

The Halbertec 8000 is supposed to launch at the end of this months, the Fu Haifeng gift box version seems to be available already or within the next few days.

Pricing for the gift box version is roughly 2000 CNY (280 USD/290 EUR). In line with what previous gift box editions aked for.

Some shops have already listed the regular Halbertec 8000 version for 1680 CNY (236 USD/240 EUR).
    This is in line with the MSRP of other highend rackets with 8 as the first digit (Axforce 80/Bladex 800) and the Tectonic 7 lineup.
    Following this pricing scheme there probably will be a Halbertec 9000 (Max) in addition to the Axforce 90 Max and Bladex 900 Max. MSRP will probably be 1780 CNY.

Regarding specs, the Halbertec 8000 comes in as 3u and 4u versions. Seems like LN have dropped the idea of offering their highend rackets in 3 different weight classes.
    Have not found any measurements for the balance but descriptions don't seem to indicate that it would be headheavy. Focus on control and fast attack so I would expect it to be inbetween the Axforce and Bladex.
    Biggest news is probably that the buttcap logo has been changed. No more carbon fibre + gold logo.
    Halbertec8000GiftBox.PNG
    Halbertec8000Buttcap.PNG

what07, ucantseeme, decoy and 4 others like this.
  4. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I think it is the right move to not offer 5U. Never got the need to use a 5U. That's just an escape option for people who use the wrong type of racket.
    IMO LN is launching/changing too much at the same time. Rackets don't get the attention and time to settle into the market. Releasing is not equally spread. Atm I simply don't know if I should be more interested into Axforce, BladeX or Halbertec series and if it is worth to wait for the next racket in the pipeline.

pootisfoib, Woesi and s_mair like this.
  5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I'm 100% with you on this. Feels like they had their pipeline filled during the pandemic break and are now in far too much hurry to get everything released. No idea what to really expect from any of the new series compared to the others.

Woesi and ucantseeme like this.
  6. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Saw that two users over on BadmintonCN have posted some measurements of the Halbertec 8000 (both 4u version):

Dry weight (with plastic wrap): 85,1-86g
    Strung weight: 91g
    Balance: 295mm(dry) / 305mm(strung)
    Swing weight: 86(dry) / 91(wet)
    Handle length: 210mm
    Stiffness: Medium
    The frame is fully recessed like on the 90 Max.

Two other users stated that there are some differences between the currently available gift box version and the not yet released regular version. This has also been the case with the Axforce 80 Chen Long special edition but not with any of the other recent gift box releases (Axforce 90 Max or Bladex 800 Zhang Nan special edition).

As expected the Halbertec sits between the Bladex and Axforce series.

Some closeup visuals: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV16B4y1J7o8/?spm_id_from=333.788.recommend_more_video.0

#6786 Woesi, Oct 7, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    yenyesoh, Kien, decoy and 2 others like this.
  7. Zi Kang

Zi Kang New Member

New to Li Ning racquets, just got my second one, a Tectonic 7i. Looks and feels amazing, anyway surprised it did not come with a cover is that normal? Especially for the price, my other cheap end one came with a normal red cover and some other models I see for sale like the n7 seem to have some epic looking covers.

8. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    All 4 of my Li Ning rackets from 3 different shops came with a cover. I got 3 different covers for the same model but to me it doesn't seem normal. Depends where you ordered from. Some shops don't ship covers to keep the shipping costs lower. I would ask the shop where you bought it. I assume it wasn't an instore purchaze?

Woesi likes this.
  9. Zi Kang

Zi Kang New Member

Thanks, bought on internet. I've sent the store a message to ask. Thought it might be the way all manufacturers are going since my last few yonex racquets didn't have covers.

10. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member

Is Ax 90 Dragon the best offensive racket in current Li-Ning line-up (head heavy, stiff shaft)? Many still recommends 3D 900 C...

11. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Would probably be either the 3u 90 Max Dragon or 3u Tectonic 9.
    900C's power ceiling is below the Tectonic 9 but wins out in terms of speed and handling.
    Can't say how it compares to the 90 Max Dragon though...

alternat0 likes this.
  12. Jay Ang

Jay Ang Regular Member

Anyone have reviews for Lining Halbertec 8000?

yenyesoh likes this.
  13. Khun

Khun Regular Member

Does anyone know when the BladeX 900 will be available?

yenyesoh likes this.
  14. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

If anybody is looking for a Bladex 800 or Axforce 80 in 4u, Badminton-Shop (Germany) and Badminton-Shoppen (Denmark) are having a "Black November" sale right now.

Bladex 800 for 150€/1000DKK and Axforce 80 for 160€/1100DKK.

Stringing would be 15€/199DKK additionally.

Sumanth99, yenyesoh, s_mair and 2 others like this.
  15. Bugless

Bugless New Member

I just received the Halbertec 8000 seem like it’s point to the balance racket, the head is a bit heavy but the shaft is more flexible than BladeX800

737D0295-493B-4571-B722-AA0065D23597.jpeg 281647B9-8BCB-40CE-AEA8-2BB55626E553.jpeg 42AF3D19-A0F8-4C0B-9D3A-CE559EC4A96E.jpeg 0444945B-4B68-45FE-BB0D-4945EF89F33C.jpeg

16. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    [​IMG]

Look what I got yesterday to string. I know, they are not highend and most people will ignore them because they are midend and the specs will keep them away, but I'm highly impressed by the quality and the look. They are 3U G5, dry 88.7g/89g and headweight is 37.1g/37.2g. IMO this is damn close and the result of good QC or just luck. I made some dry swings and they swing very smooth, but fast. I would rate them by bending very slightly more flexible than my N7IIs. But not a wet noodle.

yenyesoh, Woesi, speCulatius and 2 others like this.
  17. Asmo

Asmo Regular Member

s_mair and Woesi like this.
  18. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Also some good prices on shoes. The multi color version of the Yunting is only 96€ and the green/white Invincible Ace are down to 80€.

This may be a good time for N9-II users to stock up on the TC75.
    And 160-152€ for the highend rackets are very fair prices when comparing to what Victor and Yonex charge.

I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on a Bladex 500 for 96€. It could be a fairly decent replacement for the N50 which is now sitting at a price of roughly 300USD...:rolleyes:

19. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

I wish Canada had these discount prices for Li Ning :(

Is the BladeX 500 supposed to be decent? I can't find any reviews or much info on it. The BladeX frame doesn't seem special. It doesn't seem fast compared to the likes of Victor's speed frames and NF800.

#6799 pootisfoib, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  20. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

Isn't N90 1 stiff like an AT700? Ax80 is more flexible isn't it?