Victor thruster TKF Claw White edition vs 88d pro

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Kay Farooq, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Kay Farooq

Kay Farooq Regular Member

Has anyone used both these rackets?

The claw version of the thruster F is supposedly head heavier compared to the enhanced edition. I like the sound of that but I've seen a YouTube review saying how it lacks power? There is a freecore version of it now.

2. Mikkel Press-Stevn

Mikkel Press-Stevn Regular Member

I have had both, and would say the Victor is more head-heavy then 88D Pro. Wouldn't say it lacked any power, but was a bit too heavy for me. I preferred the TF-Enhanced.

3. Kay Farooq

Thank you. Ended up buying the 88d pro in 4u, will see how it goes. Can't find the claw in the UK.

Mikkel Press-Stevn likes this.
  4. Kay Farooq

Did you find the 88d pro a bit stiff and unforgiving? I've only had an hour on the court with it and will be playing with it again tomorrow. I'll give it another couple months, been told to allow strings to bed in and maybe my body needs to condition to it coming from a head light racket but i find it a little unforgiving and stiff on the over head.

5. Mikkel Press-Stevn

Mikkel Press-Stevn Regular Member

No not really I kinda liked it, but it was too straining on my wrist as I have a rather short snap with the wrist when hitting. I had an overall better experience with the OG 88S and specially the Thruster F Enhanced.