New Exbolt 65 string from Yonex

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by mater, Jun 29, 2022.

1. D4r3w

D4r3w Regular Member

2. Raju

Raju Regular Member

I was able to tryout exbolt 65 on my 88D pro @27lbs and not impressed at all.

It's doesn't have that insane repulsion that exbolt 63 gives at the same tension and it feels too soft.

If you like the feedback from string then this is not the one. I would pick 63 anyday.

#22 Raju, Sep 29, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

How about the control part? Slice shot, does it bite the shuttle enough?

4. Raju

Raju Regular Member

Although Yonex said it has elastic outer for bite I didn't feel it that much (compared to nanogy 99, ABB). Tumbling net shots are a bit tricky.
    Slice i would say same as exbolt 63.

Jminton likes this.
  5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Had strung my P8 with exbolt65 27lbs yesterday & play with it today.
    For note, today i forgot to bring the shuttle we normally use. One of my friend had half used tube of shuttle. Forgot to check the brand but its light & fast shuttle kind of shuttle.

Initial impression good repulsion, not overwhelming like 63, but control part are not to good. Slicing or thumbling the shuttle not quite responsive. & The bad thing are, i cant feel the shuttle sink to the string, it just a faint feel & the shuttle goes away. Tought its the shuttle being to light but switching to my TK770, 2 or 3 month Gtone5 27lbs, i still had the feel tho its little bit faint feel than my normal shuttle but on P8 exb65 its not easy to feel the shuttle even on clean hit.

Will try it again next week with my regular shuttle & see how its going.
    But aside from the feel, i think for straight forward bang & bang play, its good string due to its repulsion but for tricky play like slice, thumbling, etc, its not recomended.

Raju likes this.
  6. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

Had tried it. I use n7ii light and yeah it's too soft for me.
    I don't know if you like it or not.
    But for me, I don't like it.
    It's more forgiving for misshit than exbolt 63 but I still like 63 more than 65.
    I think better part of 65 only durability than 63

Raju likes this.
  7. cerberus1846

cerberus1846 Regular Member

Had my Li-Ning Airforce 77 G2 restrung in Exbolt 65 at 24 lbs mains and 26 lbs crosses and have had a few hours play with Yonex Aerosensa 30 shuttles.. I've used a few strings and tension combinations and for my game - this is a pretty decent combination. I'm surprises with the comments around 'feel' as there is a great deal of feedback in your shots.. in addition to feeling it you also hear it.. clearly! - this is the first string I've used where the sound difference between hitting the sweet spot and just off is so pronounced!.. the control is excellent with these strings - very very good. In training exercises the repeatability of shots was really impressive... if you could dial in the same action you got very accurate and reproducible results. These strings definitely have a little bit of texture to them and I was able to complete slice drop shots from the rear of the court consistently and accurately. In terms of repulsion, I think my racket and string combo probably works quite well here - but drives and smashes felt (and sounded) great.

I'm that impressed with it - I got my other racket strung in exactly the same spec! - can't comment on durability yet - but I'm very happy so far! :)

8. kyle618

kyle618 New Member

Ive been using the exbolt 65 at 25lbs with 20% pre stretch with my astrox 100zz 4ug6.

It only lasts me about a month before it breaks. I play 2-3 times a week.

Doesnt seem that much durable over the exbolt 63 honestly.

Wish it was more durable

cerberus1846 likes this.
  9. cerberus1846

cerberus1846 Regular Member

Li-Ning Airforce 77 G2 (Blue/Black) strung with Yonex Exbolt 65 at 24lbs mains and 26lbs crosses with blue stencilled Li-Ning Logo

Carlton Vapour Trail Pure (Black/Red) strung with Yonex Exbolt 65 at 24lbs mains and 26lbs crosses with red stencilled Carlton Logo

Overall, I'm really happy with the results of this string and how it performs on both of these rackets.. I definitely feel it's made an marked improvement in both cases.. it's a little less forgiving than before as you know as soon as you hit off the sweet spot... but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing - it's a failing on my part when this happens - not the strings.

I'll see how they last in terms of durability - but so far no complaints - probably the best string Yonex currently do in terms of overall price/performance.

restring2.jpg

10. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    It's for these reasons I like the string. It doesn't have the same insane repulsion because it gives a little bit up for some shuttlehold. It seems like you like hard feeling strings if you feel it's too soft.

For others asking if this has more bite and slice, the answer is yes. Plenty strong in the repulsion area IMO (but of course second to the 63).

I used the exbolt 63 exclusively for over a year +, and swapped over to exbolt 65. I spend a while comparing the two in my review below:

Slowsloth likes this.
  11. kyle618

kyle618 New Member

How much prestretch are u guys using?

12. Slowsloth

Slowsloth New Member

Thanks for the review. How do you find the bite/slice as compared to the bg80?

13. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Nah.... It didnt bite much if you compare ro BG80. BG80 are best for control, BG66UM are ok, Exbolt65 even less bite.

Slowsloth likes this.
  14. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    I would say less. BG80 has got that rough Vectran outer. But definitely more then 63 which felt nonexistent. The slice/bite on 65 is usable IMO

Slowsloth likes this.
  15. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

I got to use this string for about a month before I broke it on two of my racquets. I normally used BG80 before, as I liked the harder feeling and the considerable bite.

Fell in love with exb 65 pretty much immediately. Repulsion is incredible, less than 63 but I preferred the feeling of 65 much more. It was easier to slice with it than 63, but not as well compared to BG 80. It does however feel much more effortless than BG 80 so that was a plus for me. Pushes with this string were very lovely.

I prefer harder feeling strings, but BG 80 is a bit too much, and abbt is much too mushy thanks to the aerosonic crosses.

Don't know what to think about the durability as I broke them considerably faster than usual, but definitely more durable than BG 80. More forgiving too on mishits. I guess for most people one month is a good length but stringing where I live is expensive so my preference is for around two months, despite the feeling to have become considerably worse after a month. I will be stringing my racquets with exb 65 again and hope for them to last a while longer. But as long as the durability isn't like that of bg 80, I will continue to use this wonderful string

16. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

17. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

Yeah durability is the best part here for repulsion string.
    If you like repulsion with good durability, this is good choice

18. Troelsh

Troelsh New Member

How is the Sound og this string compare to bg80?

19. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

Hi, how is this string comparing to exbolt 63? I am using exbolt 63 and like it, the only complain is small sweet spot but everything else is great.
    Will Exbolt 65 be better in terms of smashing power, hitting sound, and repulsion?

20. gimmeracquet

gimmeracquet Regular Member

For Yonex strings, I don’t think there is any other string with a better combination of repulsion + durability than Exbolt 65. Nanogy 95 is a distanced second. But of course it’s unfair to compare to repulsion strings like 66UM or 80P or Exbolt 63, and these have worse/much worse durability.
    I have Exbolt 65 strung on a 3U 100ZZ at 30lbs and a 4U 1000Z at 28lbs, my partner has it strung on her 88DP at 28lbs. Great experience so far.