YONEX Aerosena 30 Pricing - UK

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by yenyesoh, Oct 31, 2021.

1. yenyesoh

yenyesoh Regular Member

It seems there has been a "sudden" 10% increase in yonex Aerosena 30 prices, going up from £20 to £21.99 in the UK. It appears as though each model has shifted up by one price bracket.
    Have the prices in other countries risen too? Not too surprised given the current economic climate but was wondering if there has been a price rise for other brands/model of equivalent quality as the AS30?
    Additionally any recommendations for alternative shuttles would be greatly appreciated as the performance to price ratio has now shifted.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

2. Minghao Tang

Minghao Tang New Member

I think that's UK only. I don't observe any price change in U.S. I bought 10 tubes of AS30 at tennisnuts before the price increase. And since I live in U.S., the price is even lower without VAT (even plus shipping cost). 10 tubes for below 250 USD.

yenyesoh likes this.
  3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Brexit related?

RobN and yenyesoh like this.
  4. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

I think Brexit had a hand but also coupled with other logistics delays = higher demand I guess, hence higher prices?

I've also just done a quick comparison of the Yonex shuttles available in the UK, including the AS30:

RobN likes this.
  5. yenyesoh

yenyesoh Regular Member

Prices have gone up again. TRMEsports posted on their Instagram saying yonex UK was increasing all prices in September: a tube of AS30 is now £24 . . .

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

6. HolyAwe

HolyAwe Regular Member

I run a club myself and we have moved away from AS30 due to increase in price and drop in quality. The last AS30 batch I bought seems to have gone down further in terms of quality, feathers felt more brittle and less durable. No longer a cost-effective option for us. We have moved on to VP number one shuttles and have been happy with it. Quality and flight comparable to old AS30 although its speed 77 feels a bit faster than AS30 speed 3.

yenyesoh likes this.
  7. HolyAwe

HolyAwe Regular Member

https://vpracketsports.co.uk/product-category/vp-shuttlecocks/
    https://www.facebook.com/Vpracketsports/

Purely recommending from my personal experience. I am not affiliated with them nor getting any commission if you end up buying yourself.

yenyesoh likes this.
  8. baronspill

baronspill Regular Member

It's become a rich man's sport.

VP shuttles good value but be aware if you hit hard the cork is often dented and also we find the shuttle sometimes stops rotating about half way through a game. I usually take two onto court to last a game but others are still happy to play on with a damaged shuttle and use 1 until a feather breaks off.

Cheung and yenyesoh like this.