2022 Daihatsu Yonex Japan Open

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by vozer here, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I don’t agree with the badminton tournaments being cancelled

lurker and nokh88 like this.
  2. S Chandrasekhar

S Chandrasekhar Regular Member

Is Shin Baek Cheol injured? Ko SH seems to be playing only mixed doubles for the past few months. Wondering what all he could have achieved with SHIN BC especially after winning the French Open.

Whiz999 likes this.
  3. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Wish they start the sessions a bit later than 10am local time, as we in Europe catch it quite late when nearly all matches had ended by 9am in London time.

4. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Wow i just checked the time For semi finals Saturday
    Its the same early AM start as the rest of the week! 6:30AM IST (India) thought they might do a BIT later maybe 8am , NOPE!
    guess ill watch it later in the morning with a VPN on youtube germany and skip all the wasted time inbetween points setting the skip button to 10 seconds.

5. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

2021: Yes

2022: No

In my nation, many people don't die because of covid, but die because they cannot move out:

Patient cannot go to hospital
    Mentally ill people lack tranquilizers
    Many families have to find milk for children
    Stressed patient was under more pressure.

lodoss and Cheung like this.
  6. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Surprised to see the SF line up. No MD from Indonesia or Malaysia. The two veterans Kim's in MD have done well to progress to SF

7. terrynguyen121988

Again"

Yamaguchi vs Chen Yu Fei
    Wata-Higa vs Zheng/Huang
    Nishimoto vs Antonsen
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I don't expect Nishimoto to win tomorrow because he was out of gas, but at least take 1 game from Antonsen.

If losing, lose as a one of the top 10.

trizzforce likes this.
  8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Very odd timing with no regard to global market. Is there some local issue where Osaka people need to finish working by early evening

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The veterans Chou TC and Prannoy show never say die spirit despite age catching up, only tiny margin to conclude the winner, 22-20 in pulsating 80 minutes of play as both seasoned campaigners can anticipate shots each other, need very precious time and right instinct to create deception. Chou was extremely fatigue in end part of third game, highly doubted whether this 32 years old player still has enough strong stamina to face Shi YQ, the Chinese exhibits sharp and powerful fashion to trounce Wangcharoen. Last year World Championships bronze medalist Antonsen eliminated Tsuneyama comfortably as home player displayed total defensive style this time, the Dane will face third Japanese rival in a row, Nishimoto who frustrates his yonger rival Wardoyo, thanks to good tactic and mixed combination of superb retrieving and counter attacking.

The big four in WS semis once again, this quartet prove their consistency to progress into semifinal in back to back tournament, Yamaguchi-Chen YF saga, curiousity arises for the Chinese who never beat home star in last four encounters including last week pretigious event. In the most complicated quarterfinal match, An SY overcomes the phenomenal Spaniard in three games, the Korean changed game plan slightly against fast player like Marin, more aggressive to complete her excellent defense. The more patient Tai TY edges out Intanon, none was dominant in this match as both players deliver cheap points alternately.

Anomalous semifinal in men's doubles, only one seeded left and all Indonesian pairs crashed out before final four, Alfian/Ardianto also fail to surpass Chinese sensations Liang/Wang who just participated four tournaments prior to JPN Open. KOR rewinds their glory days in past decade, former Korean top combination Kim GJ/Kim SR stunned the Minions and China number one pair Liu/Ou to set up a meeting with Astrup/Rasmussen.

Chen/Jia were involved longest duration in this tournament, 82 minutes to conquer Rahayu/Ramadhanti and their fitness level will be tested by the Koreans, former world junior Champions Baek HN/Lee YL then if they succeeded, another Korean rival will await in last round. Looks like Korea regeneration in this department going into right outlook.

No compromise for other mixed pairs except the familiar faces, reiteration inevitable, Watanabe/Higashino were unable to develop their strategy well last week in Tokyo, perhaps they could deduce new formula how to balance the mighty top-seed. Bass/Popor become tough foes outside Zheng/Huang for the Olympic Champions based on head-to-head stats, equal opportunity for both to advance.

TV COVERAGE
    upload_2022-9-2_18-48-0.png

intrepid, BadSmashPdx, indrg and 3 others like this.
  10. sen

sen Regular Member

In my opinion, it is really up to the government to cancel or not, I am on the fence on this
    But what I don't like is the other rules when the tournament is being held

Different countries have different rules but one thing that should not been done is to keep testing every few days and force the players to withdraw. If the countries are willing to risk having foreign players come and play, they should respect that the players already spent money, time and effort so just let them play no matter what. If the players are sick, it should be up to themselves to continue playing or not

11. terrynguyen121988

Surprised ??? ^-^

BTW, BWF should add Nishimoto's avatar on "head to head data"
    20.png

Sundis and Simeon like this.
  12. smikey

smikey Regular Member

It was very endearing (still looking for a better adjective) to see Endo helping coach Wata/Higa even giving pointers and icing Higashino. Remember, after the Olympics, Endo wanted Yuta to quit XD to focus on their MD otherwise, he quit. I was still hoping Endo/Yuta team would be revived but I guess he’s a coach now.

trizzforce and Simeon like this.
  13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

CTC please win for Taiwan

trizzforce likes this.
  14. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Whoever the Kim/Kim is paired with : LYD, SBC, KSH or YYS they are always making a comeback. Korean never die.

#294 indrg, Sep 2, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    wade and BadSmashPdx like this.
  15. BadSmashPdx

BadSmashPdx Regular Member

I'm new to this site and enjoy reading this article.

I was wondering if Clely is a badminton reporter. This is a high quality summary of the tournament round. Superb style of writing and informative. Gillian Clark is my favorite badminton commentator and Clely is my favorite badminton writer. I think BWF should hire Clely.

Simeon likes this.
  16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    We don't know. Maybe she is. :D

17. pop88

pop88 Regular Member

18. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

whoa all-KOR wd final tomorrow......

19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Amazing to think that this WD played so poorly and only survived bcoz of Pearly injury. Even when she is injured they quite not know how to get the point and only the G3 interval when Pearly totally cant move.

sometimes in sports , you need luck..

20. wade

wade Regular Member

Korea really had some crazy talent in MD back then, and to think the best player they got right now is probably seo sung jae..

What ? so endo retired because yuta didn't want to quit playing XD ?

#300 wade, Sep 2, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    om patel likes this.