Astrox 77 Red vs. Nanoflare 800

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Jtcjw, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Jtcjw

Jtcjw Regular Member

I currently use Bravesword 12 (3U) and Nanoflare 700 (4U).

I like Bravesword 12 a lot, but increasingly found playing with it rather tiring these days because of its 3U weight, although it is not obviously as heavy as say an Astrox 99. Therefore, I have been using Nanoflare 700 (4U) more recently. I like Nanoflare 700, it's fast, reasonably light, and sufficiently powerful, but somehow lacking something - for example, it doesn't feel as solid as Bravesword 12.

I'm currently considering Nanoflare 800 (4U) and Astrox 77 Pro (4U). The latter hasn't been released yet, but I imagine its characteristics wouldn't be too far from Astrox 77 Red (I understand that Astrox 77's three colours have different characteristics with Yellow the most head heavy). I was wondering if those who have used both Nanoflare 800 (4U) and Astrox 77 Red (4U) can share some insights how their experiences have been with these two rackets.

For your info, I play doubles only, at around intermediate plus level, and generally prefer even balance, fast, and not overly stiff racket. Any help with the above will be much appreciated. Cheers...

2. Kaporal

Kaporal Regular Member

Nanoflare 800 (4U) and Astrox 77 Red (4U) are very very different

Nanoflare is a speedy racket, easy defence and drive, not that much powerful but enough

whereas Astrox 77 is like a hammer, heavy, but very powerful

Astrox 77 can be good for MX and single and if you want only one racket for double and single.

If you play only double, not need to hesitate, go for Nanoflare 800.

If you don't only want yonex, I would recommand VICTOR HyperSonic (HS) 4u -> it is like BS12 but a little more stiff with freecore -> better than nanoflare 800 as far I'm concerning

Jtcjw likes this.
  3. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

My favourite racquet is currently the Nanoflare 800Lt. It's not too far off of the Nanoflare 800 and they are both classified as "stiff" according to Yonex. Not Extra stiff like the Voltrik Zforce2 or Astrox100ZZ. For comparison, Yonex categorise the Nanoflare 700 as a medium flex racquet.

If you are in a position to try out the NF800, then I would encourage you to try it out. I was playing in my hardest group lastnight which is "advanced" and I was very comfortable being able to perform a variety of shots with my NF800Lt.

If you can't try it out, wait for the Astrox77pro (check the stiffness before buying), or go with other suggestions in this thread.

Jtcjw likes this.
  4. Jtcjw

Jtcjw Regular Member

I tried Nanoflare 800 before, the 3U version. I like it, but the 3U version is too heavy for me given that I prefer lighter racket these days. Hence, I'm considering the 4U version. I held once NF 800 LT (5U) in a store, liked the feeling, was quite tempted to purchase (and the 4U version wasn't available at the store then), but was worried it won't be sufficiently powerful (although I don't want a head heavy racket).

I have tried all Astroxes, from 100ZZ to 88S, with the exception of 77. I'm interested in 77 Pro simply because my understanding is the 77 Red is lighter and faster than the 77 Yellow or Blue version, so hopefully 77 Pro will be sort of similar (even balance / slightly head heavy with medium stiff / flexible shaft).

Meanwhile, I couldn't find stores that stock Auraspeed Hypersonic 4U

5. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

would u like to try auraspeed 90f? it's better than hypersonic
    i heard it's fast, easy to generate powerful smash, medium flex, control is good, 4U

some say 90k > 90f

does anyone has experience with both?

6. Jtcjw

Jtcjw Regular Member

Not too keen on the aesthetics of Auraspeed 90F

7. Bieffe

Bieffe Regular Member

Engineer
    Can't comment on the Astrox 77 Pro as I haven't even seen it.
    But would reckon it will replace the regular 77.
    I'm using the OG Astrox 77 4U. Is a GOAT for me.
    Prefer it over Arcsaber11 Pro and Nanoflare 700 both 4U too.

Can't go wrong with the 77 but is not light cos if too light I feel we lose some of the momentum during the swing?

Also the thick frame of the Nanoflare 700 is not so forgiving if u mis hit. But sure swings fast....my lazy day racket.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

8. Jtcjw

Jtcjw Regular Member

I ended up getting Nanoflare 800 (4U), which I really like

pootisfoib and BadmintonDave like this.
  9. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

Glad you enjoy it. It's also my current racquet of choice

10. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

I've tried 90k, which felt stiff (8/10) and even-balance. It's decently nimble, but Bravesword 12 and NF800 are noticeably quicker. 90k requires good technique to generate power due to the stiffness IMO.

#10 pootisfoib, Oct 3, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  11. dvanio

dvanio Regular Member

Can u share your opinion when compared to nanoflare 700?

12. Jtcjw

Jtcjw Regular Member

In terms of physical characteristics:
    - NF800 is slightly head heavier than NF700, but NF800 is still a headlight racket, perhaps closer to even balance
    - NF800 has slightly stiffer shaft than NF700, but not as stiff as the Astroxes

In terms of feel, for me, NF800 relative NF700 is:
    - more solid or crisp, more repulsive, so smash harder
    - probably marginally faster because the overall weight 4U NF800 feels lighter than 4U NF700

13. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I've experienced 90K , 90F and Hypersonic. 90F and Hypersonic have similar balance point at 295-297 I think but 90F shaft is more flexible than HS. If you have good basic technique and can generate decent swing speed then I suggest go either Hypersonic or 90K since 90F would be too flexible for a lot of players. You get a lot more of offensive power from 90K while also getting good handling. My suggestions is if you're mid-front court player that didn't like stiff shaft then HS is for you. 90K for all-round attacking and for people who like stiff shaft.

pootisfoib likes this.