[Review] Felet Woven TJ Power 4U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Zoap San, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

[Review] Felet Woven TJ Power 4U
    Every month I try to get my hand on a new or interesting "Speed" type racket to try out. This month is Felet Woven TJ Power 4U. I know Felet was around for awhile now and BRR have been reviewing some of it's top-end racket. Recently, they signed Bussanan. So the signing got my interest and got me looking into the brand. Felet Woven TJ Power 4U pops out for me. Racket looks super good in the picture and is used by Goh V Shem and 42Lbs max tension lol. Because Felet Thailand still doesn't have a top-end Felet racket so I ordered it from Malaysia. I will now change from point system to ranking system in the performance category to make it easier to understand. Keep this in mind that the ranking will differ on how you play.

Specs
    Shaft Flexibility Stiff Flex
    Weight 4U (82 Grams)
    Length 675mm
    Balance Point : 295 mm (2+/-)
    Swingweight : 83 Kg
    String : Yonex BG 66 Force 27Lbs (Victor VBS 66 nano stocks ran out for all shop in my area)

First Impression
    This is hands down one of the best-looking racket I have ever held. Paint and decal looks very good and the design really suits my taste. Weight on hand is great, not too light and not too heavy for me (86.0 grams with string and original grip). Swinging felt light and shaft felt stiff but not plank stiff. Would say the shaft is 5-10% stiffer than my Hyper Sonic. The frame is aerodynamic but the thickness is thicker than Hypersonic but not by much.

Drive
    This racket is super good in drive situations. Mid court drive is as good as any other racket I've tried. The repulsion I get from shaft and racket head is not as good as hypersonic and 100X but the control and direction I can get from TJ is better. I do get the best trajectory on back-court and back-hand drives from this racket. The level of drive control I get from this racket is top-tier. I felt like the Korean badminton player in Badminton Ham youtube video using this racket to drive. Because the shaft is stiff, you need atad more wrist action than other more flex shaft but that doesn't really bother me, 5-10 min and we good to go.

Clears
    Due to low swing weight, the amount of effort you put into clears are minimal. On-balance clears are "effortless" for both back-hand and fore-hand. The racket head is not lightning quick but it's still fast so I don't really need adjustment changing from HS to TJ. Off-centered hits are a bit punishing due to the slightly stiff shaft and frame. You don't really feel a lot of vibration from mishits but the result is half court clear.

Smash
    Smash is decent with this racket. I did not expect a V Shem smash anyway. The jump smash is good enough to apply pressure and got for kills. Half smash and stick smash is where it's at with this racket. I can generate good half smash speed with this racket. The feeling is between "hollow" and "solid" so not bad.

Control
    This racket control is amazing, not as good as Arc 11 pro though but I felt that I can get better power and directional control than hypersonic,100X and Blade X 800. Dropshots and reverse slice is a joy, but I do occasionally sent fliers but that's to be expected of "speed" racket. Out of every "speed" racket I've tried so far, this racket is top 3 in control.

Net play
    Don't know if it's the material used in the frame. The racket is very stable. Netting is good. Nothing much to say.

Defense
    It ok, Because the shaft does not help that much. Lift defense is a nightmare if you don't really have much room to generate power. So I stop lifting. Block and drive defence is good since the overall weight of the racket is light.

Overall this is a very good "speed" racket. The main benefits of this racket is the fact that the maximum tension is 42lbs. Normally mainstream brand stated their maximum tension around 27-28 Lbs for this type of racket. This racket is strong, I tried to compress it with my hand and the frame doesn't flex which is a good sign. After stringing it 27 lbs there are no visible frame flex at all. This racket comes with a hefty price tag for me since I ordered from oversea. But for it's price, the technology and material used in this racket is very reasonable. It's a very good racket.

Speed Racket Ranking

Smash : 90K > 100X > HS > Woven TJ Power > Blade X 800 > JS12ii > BS11R > NF700 > 90S > BS12

Drive : 100X > Blade X 800 > HS > Woven TJ Power > 90K > JS12ii > 90S > NF700 > BS12 > BS11R

Defense : HS > Blade X 800 > JS12ii > 100X > 90S > NF700 > BS12 > Woven TJ Power > 90K > BS11R

Control : 90K > Woven TJ Power > 100X > Blade X 800 > HS > JS12ii > NF700 > 90S > BS12 > BS11R

yenyesoh, Thebestbees, Dlee and 2 others like this.
  2. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

The swing weight of 83kg is with strings and towel grip or just overgrip ?

3. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Swing weight measure without string, just original grip on

Thebestbees and yenyesoh like this.
  4. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

thanks! Looking forward to your review on the TJ 1000 and its comparison with this TJ power v2

larryho likes this.
  5. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Here are games that I recorded today playing with HS and TJ Power. Before I write about TJ1000 I wanted to play with it for 1 week before writing.

I'm wearing glasses and knee support.

Game with Hypersonic

Game with Woven TJ Power

Keep this in mind that I started playing badminton for 9-10 months so my game will not be refined. But you can compare shuttle speed with HS and TJ Power. The condition in Thailand is super slow and humid. We're using 76 shuttle speed.

6. Bao Tran

Bao Tran Regular Member

Thank you for the detailed review.
    I have one question. The grip size on Felet website is G1/G2 while I'm normally more comfortable with G5/G6 as I have small hands.
    Were the grip size a problem for you?

7. Kaporal

Kaporal Regular Member

If it is like kawasaki rackets, G1 is like G4/G5

8. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Felet G1 grip size feels between Yonex G5-G6.So no problem with the grip size

9. larryho

larryho Regular Member

Not sure Zoap San manage to try the woven tj 1000 and woven 3k fence or not? I’m considering the tj 1000.

10. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I've tried Felet
    tj1000 4U
    3K fence 4U
    I'm gonna get my hands on 3K fence 3U soon.
    4U wise, TJ1000 is the head heaviest and got the best potential for big smash and good control. But the head speed is on the slower side so front-mid court player prob wont like TJ1000. 3K fence is more all round than both TJ1000 and woven TJ power. If you gonna try racket from felet, I would suggest trying 3K fence first since it's all-round racket that does well nearly every categories. 3K fence price is more affordable so yea.

11. larryho

larryho Regular Member

Which would you prefer using between 3k fence, tj1000 and tj power? Would like to hear your views especially on ease of using the rackets? 3 of them are rackets that I’m viewing.. haha

12. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

For 4U,
    3K Fence is easiest to use.
    TJ1000 got best control
    Woven TJ Power got fastest racket speed.

I can't seem to generate good smash from Woven TJ power cuz of the light weight and lower balance point. Overall, If you like all-roundtype of racket then I would suggest going 3K fence and for more power go TJ1000.

I just got my hands on Felet Ti-88 3U. I would say it's better than all above 4U racket. I found Felet 4U racket to be on the lighter side to I took a shot at 3U racket. 3U is not that heavy IMO. I also ordered 3K fence and TJ1000 in 3U weight and it will arrive in 2-3 days. If you can wait for me to try both 3U racket then I will write some review after 2-3 days of play test.

larryho and SSSSNT like this.
  13. larryho

larryho Regular Member

Perfect! Will be waiting for your generous review. Thx bro

14. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

just wondering why you choose HS than 90f?

if u dont like flex shaft then u can go to 90k
    i heard there will be 90k II

15. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

90F is too flexible for me. 90K shaft is playable stiff but it doesn't have free-core. I got HS even before 90KII leak and I cannot wait for another 6-10 months waiting for its release either so 90K II is out of the question.

Regarding shaft flexibility. HS is somewhere between 90K and 90F. Which is a perfect balance for me since I'm all-round player ( Mid-Front court in MD and Rear court in XD) 90K shaft is too stiff for me to generate a lot of power in front court for fast drives.

Granted, 90K is a better racket for rear court player but I feel like I can get a lot better performance out of HS.

16. Alexious

Alexious Regular Member

thanks for sharing experience
    i thought that technologies in 90f will help u to increase performance

and some people said that freecore suck, wood is better
    i've never tried freecore so i cant say anything about it
    do u mind sharing experience between wood and freecore or mix carbon?

17. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

90F is good but the shaft is too flexible for me. I can't get good smash out of it since the racket head won't be able to keep up with the swing speed. If you like 90F then that's the racket for you. Doesn't mean 90F is bad but it's suited for a smaller groups of players.

I've never tried carbon handles before so I will only write about free-core and wood handles.

People have preferences regarding how they want their racket to feel when they hit the shuttle.
    Free-core is designed to lessen the unwanted vibration and feedback you get from hitting the shuttle which sometimes excessive vibration causes injury,
    better durability in term of complete moisture resistance where wooden handle will break easily if it's too moist and lastly to
    get "better" shaft action which will give user better repulsion and provide "smooth" action while hitting.

People who wanted the "oomph" feeling and feedback after they hit the shuttle will probably don't like free-core. Using free core you definitely felt that you hit the shuttle but the lessened vibration might make you felt less satisfied when you hit good smash. You won't get this unique feel when you use wooden handles. This "unique" feels turns some people off since they don't like it. Describing feels are hard so i suggest people try the free core out before buying the racket since now high-end models are super expensive.

Free-core only have G5 grip size so you can't get a smaller grip, for now. I know some people who like to sand their wooden handles down to suit their taste but that's just a super small group of players.

I might be wrong is some point, please correct me if I'm wrong.

18. what07

what07 Regular Member

90F only comes in a G6 grip.

19. Baddyman#1

Baddyman#1 Regular Member

After seeing a youtube close up of this racket. It seems to look exactly like the kawasaki king k9. The aero shaped wave side profile to the top separate recess grommet compartments to the t join, its exactly the same - like for like. I wonder if its king k9 rebranded?

20. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

yes frame profile is completely the same, most likely made by the same oem, just different decalls :D