2022 TotalEnergies BWF WORLD Championships : R/64-FINAL (22-28 August)

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 21, 2022.

1. wade

wade Regular Member

I hope so, I badly want a younger pair to win major title for INA. since 2007 it seems like only hendra can deliver the goods in this kind of event, it would be nice if fajar/rian can finally win one for INA. personally I wouldn't mind a 5th WC gold for hendra though :D

2. wade

wade Regular Member

Kevin really is just another LYD in MD, I really thought he could at least win 1 WC/OG, yet he can't even get past the QF. at least LYD was in WC final 3 times..

skhai91 likes this.
  3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

and LYD won more SS titles (individually) . Its just unfortunate that he kept changing partners that i wouldnt rate their partnerships top 5 MD of living memories while Minions might not be the 1st Goat but definitely is in my top 5 of all times.

4. om patel

om patel Regular Member

He’s only 27! If focus , healthy and determine he still has 4 great years ahead

5. wade

wade Regular Member

Personally I think LYD/JJS or LYD/YYS is better than minions, but to each their own. the fact that LYD always became the number 1 pair despite changing partners 3 times should tell you how special he was.

Ehh...I doubt it, but let's see.

6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

my current top 5 would be :
    1. AhsanHendra ( Longevity + WC)
    2. CaiFu
    3. Minions
    4. LYD/JJS
    5. BoeMo

and there could be more in early 2000s but im not old enough but not many of them have won as many titles before but if i were to choose another it would be RickyRexy.

putting 1&2 above Minions because they have less titles than Minions but they capture several important ones that tip the balance of scale.(+ they have dozens SS)

7. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

and to think that LYD last WC final was a loss to fellow countrymen and his ex-partner Ko Sung-hyun.

8. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

Defending XD champ out

9. wade

wade Regular Member

You put ahsan/hendra above cai/fu ? as much as i love ahsan/hendra I don't think they're above cai/fu all time, cai/fu won their first AE in 2005, and won gold at the olympics 7 years later, they were on top for at least 7-8 years, and their competition was much tougher. not to mention they have 4 WC titles and 1 OG gold, I believe they were always in OG/WC final since 2008.

Personally I would put both LYD/YYS & LYD/JJS in my top 5, LYD/YYS have won so much from 2013-2016 and they also faced much tougher competition compared to minions.

My top 5 would probably be like :
    1. Cai/Fu
    2. Ahsan/Hendra
    3. LYD/JJS
    4. LYD/YYS
    5. Minions

One of the reason why I can't put minions above #5 simply because they have 1 nemesis that kept beating them in their prime, I don't remember the other 4 has ever beaten by the same pair 6 times in a row

I also wasn't old enough when ricky/rexy was on top so idk where to put them lol

#289 wade, Aug 25, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

yeah fair enough. Just to me CaiFu doesnt last long enough its a little bit like LD LCW. Its much easier to compete when you were younger compared to say AhsanHendra when they are already 30+. So if you said the competitions is easier these , its already cancelled by their age. And to me the competition its not even half as easy as XD. Maybe the past is tougher but not by much. And if AhsanHendra can qualify to OG, i think they are the undisputed number 1. They have to stay around top 8 (in my definition of existance though).

well its hard to put LYD/JJS over because they simply didnt win as many titles as Minions and there is no big title to back them up. No AsianGames as well.

And i dont think its fair to put one Nemesis beating them 6 times , i believe CaiFu and JJs has beaten each other many more than that. Can also said none of them holds the WR1 for many more than 100 weeks. Minions record is crazy against top 8, 11-2 against LiLiu / AaronSoh / Indian Pair, HokBay , Daddies its almost unbelievable.

#290 Yoji, Aug 25, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
  11. decrepit

decrepit Regular Member

Gonna be another upset in XD for Siwei/Yaqiong

12. decrepit

decrepit Regular Member

Lucky escape for Siwei/Yaqiong. Thailand now has a new strong XD pair besides Bass/Popor :)

Thebestbees likes this.
  13. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Love this Thai pair, jomkoh’s smashes are amazing, he has hang time like yuta watanabe and the power is much stronger

trizzforce and decrepit like this.
  14. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

What happened to the deechapol/sapsiree? Anyone saw their match against the germans?

15. wade

wade Regular Member

Talk about longevity, I think we also shouldn't forget 2016-2018 where ahsan/hendra was in bad period, they were even being splitted in 2016 after that OG loss.

Honestly you might be right, I think I would put LYD/YYS above LYD/JJS well. just one thing though, like I said above, the reason why I'm still not sure to put minions above #5 is because minions has been beaten 6 times in a row by the same pair in their prime, I don't remember those 4 has ever been beaten by the same pair like that, especially not in their prime.

Anks likes this.
  16. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Wait does that LYD refer to the Legend from Korea 2* Olympic Medalist G,B and 6* WC Medalist 3 S 3 B one and only LEE YONG DAE ?

Please tell me its a joke cause you really cant be comparing a legend with someone who hasnt even won a Single WC medal let alone a tittle and a single Olympic Medal let alone the Gold.

I know a lot of people tend to call players legend or GOAT merely by their position in the world rankings however its not the rankings but the biggest tittles that make a player Legend or GOAT for so Just because Kevin and Marcus have been No.1 doesnt mean they are the best in the world cause they have 0 major medals not even bronze let alone tittle.

To ellaborate LCW despite being no.1 for so long isnt a GOAT for he doesnt even have a single major tittle no WC no OLY however I would call him a legend for he has 3 Olympic Medals and 4 WC Medals which is not an easy task but LD is an undoubted GOAT though he has been a no.1 too but what makes him a GOAT is his 2 Oly Golds and 5 WC Golds.

17. decrepit

decrepit Regular Member

Agreed, I'm impressed with his smash. He should focus on XD instead of wasting time in MD with K.Kedren. The girl Paewsamdran also improved. Last time I saw her played, she's quite clumsy and not a threat at the net.

Thebestbees likes this.
  18. kenneth77

kenneth77 Regular Member

I thought it was a pretty good game!

Thebestbees likes this.
  19. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

Is Aparna Popat commentating in Court No. 2? Sounds like her

Anks likes this.
  20. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    I agree with the list and Suprisingly thats my list too I still cant wrap my head around the fact you put LYD in the same sentence as Minions though..Please tell me you were joking in that earlier post.