Newbee questions - Hope you will help :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Jesper Andersen, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Jesper Andersen

Jesper Andersen New Member

Hello Guys,
    Have been playing badminton for a long time now, and has always had other people string my racket.
    I decided to buy a ProsPro Tomcat MT-400 stringing machine for my private use.
    (I know there will be different opinions about quality an so on, and thats fine by me... This machine is only for myself and a couple of friends. I have researched a lot, and this should be fine for my wallet and my level.)

But regardless of which stringing machine you have, I have some questions after watching tons of youtube videos. So even if you dont like my decision on stringing machine, I hope you will help me answer some of the questions :)

1. I see some use seperate string for vertical and seperate string for horizontal = 4 knots. And some is using only 1 long string = 2 knots. Does it depend on the racket, or the technique of him stringing up?

2. How many use pre-stretch? And how much extra ?
    Does it depend on the string or the person?

3. My machine has a function for knot. Should I use it when I have to tie a knot to pull the string a little extra?

2. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

1. Depends on preference. All rackets as far as I know can be strung both ways.

2. I don't pre-stretch. Again personal preference. It is thought by some to reduce tension loss over time. It is thought by some that it makes the stringbed less lively when newly strung.

3. Don't know. Try both and see what you prefer.

String many rackets and play with them. Over time you will find what methods suit you best.

s_mair, speCulatius and Cheung like this.
  3. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    It's basically all up to your liking or request of your customers.

3. the function simply raises the tension only for the next pull by 10%. This can help to compensate tension loss in the knotting process. Whether you need/want that or not depends on your technique and opinion.

4. rbynck

rbynck Regular Member

Hi Jesper.
    I wrote you a private message :) Hope it helps!