Singapore Open 2022

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by sunscreen, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

HeTan will get hairdryer treatment if they lost to LeoDaniel

2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Man.. gonna be 4 INA pair in MD SF? Surely that never happened in SS era and now S500+ yet?

what an orgasm blast.. Like it almost happened in AllEngland this year.

#102 Yoji, Jul 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  3. badito

badito Regular Member

They lost

Sent from my Redmi 8 using Tapatalk

4. badito

badito Regular Member

It is a upset or not ?

Sent from my Redmi 8 using Tapatalk

5. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Gill calls Malaysian player as An Se Young.

Sundis likes this.
  6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Ardianto is sh*t today

7. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

Actually, Singapore pair is better then aaron chia.

I think Aaron / soh will not have a chance against alfian even if they played at their own house

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I think LeoDaniel has good chance to win the title.

Fajri looks tired imo.

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    SIN Terry made a few loose shot at the net and a few defensive shots were not far enough.

10. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

MD is so sh*t nowadays, it's not as bad as XD but it's still bad. I miss LYD/JJS & Cai/Fu era :)

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's an ALL-INA SEMI-FINAL in the Men's Doubles tomorrow afternoon, so, one title sealed for Team INA.

Team INA has a chance in the WD as the new pairing of Apriyani Rahayu/Siti Fadia Silva Ramadanti again marches to the SF and they should beat the Thai pair comfortably tomorrow to reach another Final. They hardly break a sweat this week and will only be tested in the Final against yet another CHN pair.

The blockbuster match will the the home favourite Loh Kean Yew vs Anthony Sinisuka Ginting, which the organizer smartly put as the last match for tomorrow. Loh has a slight edge in their H2H, with the recent victory at the Thomas Cup Finals 2022.

PoLLuX and Simeon like this.
  12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
  13. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

For me, even though technically not as good as many others. But still better then arron chia and soh weh yik. They make it difficult at least.

When Malaysia won the 2nd set, it was already "mission accomplished" for them.

14. cococo

cococo Regular Member

Soh/Chia has beaten Fajri before actually under their old coach. Soh/Chia also has a top 10 world ranking and Olympic medal and are much younger too. They also won SEA Games and BATC titles which I don't think this SG pair has.

Although I must admit Soh/Chia is underperforming along with all the other Malaysian MD recently.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well Gill confirmed thats the 1st time it happened , All country SS/S500+ SF in MD. has happened in all disciplines before except MD.

I was just wondering if the Korea pairs ever did it.

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

the thing is SeaGames is nothing to brag about. LeoDaniel has won SeaGames title too and it is likely they will win SS before them this weekend. I cant remember it they ever won AsiaChamp?

It is clear in their eyes that they look frustrated not being able to win a title. Id say Superseries is what you consider a bellweather of big titles that they need to win. Even S300 title might not make them feel better imo.

had they won that AllEngland, i think things will have been different. Thats why its important for the young pairs to win title asap.

cococo likes this.
  17. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

too bad LKY vs Ginting happens in semi....should've been the final

nokh88 likes this.
  18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    The other MS semi is not as exciting.

19. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Women singles quarterfinal tie that involving two Indian players had thrilling atmosphere and dramatic ending yesterday, Pusarla Sindhu was forced into the limit by the well improved Han Yue, the last point was decided by hawk-eye assistance to determine the winner, 21-19. Han has varied her attacking shot to intercept unpredictably amid long rallies that surprised the Indian frequently. Just one point away for Nehwal to reach semis spot, the daring Ohori held nerves properly, diverted her rival winning direction to snatch four points in a row, 20-22, she will take on Asian Champion Wang ZY next whom she beat in three previous meetings. Another Japan representative in last four, Kawakami stuns Chochuwong, she made good comeback in second game to frustrate the vurnerable Thai.

21 years old Naraoka continues impressive run to down higher-ranked shuttler with similar pattern, dropped opening game easily through sluggish start to digest and absorb his opponent playing style then transformed into better player in next two games including how he vanquish Prannoy. This NKOTB has Zhao JP to tackle to seek maiden final in BWF top tier tour. A mouth watering clash will pit Ginting and reigning World Champion Loh KY, two explosive players with same advantage, excellent net shot and deadly smash. The often-rushed Loh almost blew away his hefty lead 12-6 in opener against Li SF, looks like his concentration quite dispersed then the tall Chinese catched up and changed tactic to be more aggressive, the experience differentiates these two at the end.

A Singapore magic for former champions Goh SH/Shevon Lai who score first ever victory over Tang/Tse in sixth attempt, thanks to HKG southpaws big blunder, leading all the way in first and third game but can't convert and suddenly turned to be error-proned till the completion, top-seed Bass/Popor will be their next stumbling block towards finale. China has assured one spot in mixed doubles and women's doubles as well. Top contenders Rahayu/Ramadhanti are favoured to reach third final in their relatively new partnership and will meet Chinese pair tomorrow.

Indonesia men's doubles camp show commendable performance in this tournament that affirmed by all-INA-semifinals, Alfian/Ardianto defy the tiredness to conquer local hopefuls Terry Hee/Loh KH and will face promoted combinations, independent pair Gutama/Isfahani. The promising stars Carnando/Marthin have their reputable seniors the Daddies to overcome, the former beat He JT/Tan Q, the Indonesians still become major threat for China revamped pairs.

Baddyforall and It'sMeMeMe like this.
  20. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Saena kawakami does not have any weapons unlike her compatriots. I wished to watch a good match but it turned out to be a practice match for Sindhu. Saena has to put a himalayan effort to attain the status of her compatriots.

decrepit likes this.