[Review] Victor Auraspeed Hypersonic

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Zoap San, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

My current racket set-up
    X2 Victor 100X (both broke and in claim procedure)
    Lining Calibar X Boost
    Lining Calibar X Drive
    Victor Hypersonic

So both of my 100X broke and apparently 100X got stock shortage in Thailand since a lot of demand for them.
    So I'm now in the market for "speed" type racket. Many suggested BS12 but it's kinda old now. 90S discontinued and it's nearly impossible to find in Thailand 1st hand and 2nd hand now. Victor rep which I directly contacted with said Hypersonic is basically a replacement for 90S or similar. So here I go.

Specs
    Auraspeed Hypersonic 4U
    Swing Weight : 85Kg
    Balance Point : 298mm
    Shaft : Medium - Stiff
    String : VBS-66 Nano at 27lbs (Max tension 28lbs)
    Grip : Victor GR262 Neon Pink for finishing touch + thin layer of cushion wrap

First Impression
    Design: Very eye-catching and cool design, I like it and got no complain. Some of my friend doesn't like the design so much and said it's too "girly" so yea, depends on people.
    Racket Weight: Holding it feels light and I would say holding it felt similar to 100X (good start). Swinging the racket is felt light and fast, I would say it's a bit faster than 100X but slower than 90S. It's somewhere between the 2, which is perfect.
    Shaft: Swinging felt medium flexible

Clears 9/10
    Since this racket is in "speed" category, this racket is very easy to clear to backcourt. Backhand clear is easy as well. The word "effortless" comes to mind while warming up with this racket. I don't need to put a lot of power to push the shuttle to back of the court.

Drive 9.5/10
    This racket is so fast and generates insane repulsion. This racket can generate more repulsion on drives than 100X. Drive is so much fun with this racket. This racket is made for fast and flat exchange which I love it so much. This racket won't make me Kevin but it made me feels like one lol. Since I operation at mid-front court of MD, this racket is a perfect fit.

Smash 8.5/10
    This racket behave the same way as 100X on smash. I wouldn't say both have the same timing since HS is a bit faster than 100X but if you're 100X user, you can just go right to HS without any adjustment. Smashing speed is the same as 100X but the "power" is atad bit behind 100X. HS excels at half smash and stick smash, since you can generate a lot of speed with a short swing or compare to heavier racket. Full smash and jump smash is good too. I can be able to generate good angle of attack from this racket but you need to use more wrist on your smash to prevent those "fliers" smash. You won't get that 1 shot killer from the racket if your opponent is decent at defending but it's enough to get a weak reply and set up for a follow up net kill if you partner knows the rotation. Comparing to other Victor racket I've tried,
    the smash ranking goes TK-F > 100X > HS > JS12ii > 90S > BS12

Control and Net play 8/10
    Decent control and the shuttle listens and go where you want it to go. Deception is easy with this racket since this racket is very swift so you can hold your racket and flick the racket to change direction. Net shot is ok, I might need to adjust to the timing but I can pull off some good net shots.

If you're Mid-Front court player and want a top tier racket that is not 100X or 88S (88S have better smash but HS is better at everything else IMO) then HS is the racket. Many people recommend BS12 for beginners, but I think this racket is overall better than BS12. I will still choose 100X since it gives me better smash but if I don't have 100X I will play with HS knowing my performance will not be affected.

Feel free to ask any questions. I will answer ASAP.

#1 Zoap San, Jun 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    kingsooji likes this.
  2. Kaporal

Kaporal Regular Member

Hello

nice review !

is HS stiffer than as90s ?

3. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

90S felt stiffer. HS felt "smooth" not "flexible"

4. Michaelgtj

Michaelgtj Regular Member

My best racket now is tk falcon blackgold 4U, but for speed racket i really like until now is nanoflare700... is auraspeed hypersonic better than nf700?

5. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I've tried NF700 at the end of last year where I'm still a beginner so I really can't tell you definitely which one is better. But at that time I felt like NF700 really lacking in smash but other than that it's good. The only problem I have with NF700 now is the frame durability. But if you ask me to choose between NF700 and HS, I would choose HS since the technology is better and the hits felt better. Ultimately, 100X is better than HS and NF700 lol. imo 100X is the best "speed" racket in the market rn, that might change in 3 days since I will get a chance to try Lining Blade X 800. I will write a review about Blade X if I've tried the racket.

6. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

For me it's better than NF700.. I have tried my friend nf700.. IMO is So meh.. Hypersonic, 90f, 100x is way better..

7. ice man

ice man Regular Member

My current racquet!

Was playing with jetspeed 11 3U but as my hand was hurt I wanted to try something lighter so I choose auraspeed HS in 4U. Bonus: it has this free core handle that is made to lessen bad vibrations. And in my case, it works. No more Pain when playing!

It’s a beautiful racquet in person, don’t find it too girly.
    It’s well made too, feels light but remains powerful, very well engineered.
    I’ve got similar power compared to my old JS11 3U but it’s more manoeuvrable and feels more solid

8. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

After around 1 month using Hypersonic. The racket is still super good. My timing for smashes have been a lot better. This racket is still the closest to 100X.

Here are some games I've recorded yesterday. The condition in Thailand is very hot and shuttle speed we use is 76. I'm wearing red victor shoes and Super bright neon pink grip lol. Looking back, the smashing power of HS is now close to 100X.

yenyesoh likes this.
  9. hvshopcaulong

hvshopcaulong New Member

36 Đền Lừ 3, Hoàng Văn Thụ, Hoàng Mai, Hà Nội
    Yes i like nanoflare700

10. Groudon

Groudon Regular Member

Hi TS do you think this plays better than the JS12ii?

11. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I've played JS12ii for a month before changing to 100X and HS. I felt that JS12ii is a little more "whippy" so defense and drives are powerful.
    I do get better smash with HS than JS12ii even though JS12ii is supposedly more head heavy.

Feeling: JS12ii felt "Smooth" and HS felt "Fast"
    HS Felt more solid than JS12ii.

in my honest opinion. I preferred HS because the racket is faster than JS12ii. Power output is similar so yea.

pootisfoib likes this.
  12. justforfun

justforfun Regular Member

Love how passionate you are about your speed rackets, and your experience mostly matches the reviews in China as well.

Victor's free-core technology seems to have made all their rackets play better, most rackets coming out with free-core have got very positive reviews.

13. Muhamad Hamdani

Muhamad Hamdani New Member

still confused between 88d pro, 100x powering, or HS

14. Kaporal

Kaporal Regular Member

go Hypersonic !

2 Rackets 100x of my friends broke without any damage

15. Master_Swami

Master_Swami New Member

How did the 100x's break?
    I'm looking to get a victor racket in a similar profile to 100x but seeing so many breakages is making me wary and considering alternatives...

16. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

IMO, HS is the closest alternative to 100X. 100X got better smash and feel but HS was a close second for me. HS is a bit heavier due to the heavier weight but it's nimble enough to win you fast exchange.

17. Master_Swami

Master_Swami New Member

Well I ended up pulling the trigger on the 100x, and managed to use it for 1 session before getting into an unfortunate clash resulting in a broken frame....

Judging from the responses here, and now supplemented by my own experience, 100x is definitely fragile.

How is your HS holding up? I really enjoyed the 100x the short time I got to use it, so I'm looking for something similar but less fragile...

18. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Would want to share my experience in HS after using it for about a month now.

My main racket is 1st Gen Astrox 88D which is a damn superb and powerful racket. However I've been wanting to try on a head light balance racket & 100X/HS has been on my mind. After reading about the durability of 100x I decided to jump on and get HS instead.

My HS is string using Ultimax 66 @ 27lbs exactly same as my 88D. On first swing using HS, I can feel that it's very fast & I my clears from rear court to rear court is easy. It's somehow similar to BS12 in a way IMO just slightly heavier. Controls using HS is also not bad, drop shots is quite good. Defence & doing net kills feels a bit easier due to it's fast frame.
    However compare to my 88D the power seems to be lesser which is expected since HS is a head light while 88D is more towards head heavy. My smashes on HS is OK but somehow lacking in a bit of punch.

Both racket also provide different feedback when I smash. On my 88D i can actually feel some sort of small vibration when smashing on HS it kinda feel dampened. Not sure if this is due to the freecore tech HS is having on it's handle.

Overall I'm quite happy on HS as it's able to act as a replacement for my 88D since it's head light thus doesn't really tires my arm easily.

Also, I'm happy to say my HS survive it's first clash with a minor paint chip to the frame.

19. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I played some time with the auraspeed HS in 4U, great racquet but I much prefer my astrox 88D pro 4U for singles and rear court doubles
    I don’t know if you ever played with 88D pro but to me it’s a refined 88D, easier to play, more manoeuvrable, doesn’t feel as heavy when playing but keeps the incredible raw power of the original 88D.

Raju likes this.