Meduim Flex recommendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by trickychris, Jul 3, 2022.

1. trickychris

trickychris Regular Member

Hi all,

For the last few years, I've been playing with fairly stiff rackets but on Friday I borrowed a friend's medium flex, light racket - an Apacs Ferocious Lite, 79g, slightly head heavy.

I found it could do so much more with this racket, playing shots I forgot I could play, smashing much better, whipping backhands and returning with ease. It was great!

Unfortaunly, Apacs don't do this racket anymore and I was hoping someone could recommend a similar racket for me to try?

Cheers in advance,

Chris

2. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

Astrox 77

3. Huan Huynh

Huan Huynh New Member

Bravesword 12 is a good mid flex racket everybody loves; it's even balance but heavier than 79g (around 80-84g). You could also check out Li Ning i-series rackets that are around 79g but are high flex and very head heavy.

4. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

If you can wait then I would suggest waiting for the new Arcsaber 7 that will be coming soon.
    Apacs Ferocious Lite BP is 292mm which is kinda mid balance so. For Yonex, any Arcsabers will do.

5. trickychris

trickychris Regular Member

Thanks for the suggestions.

Badminton Bay have recommended the Apacs Virtuoso 50 as they've discontinued the Ferocious Lite.

6. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

Thruster K Onigiri is another option. It's medium flex, head heavy, and comes in both 4u and 5u.