Bravesword 12 alternative ?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Cloudx, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Couple of years back I own a light version of BS12, which is BS12L that time I couldn't get my hand on the normal version coz it's out of stock everywhere.
    I totally fell in love with the racket, it feels light, fast and very easy to maneuver. However it's fragile too as the frame broke when i mishit the shuttle when smashing.
    So I'm wondering is there any newer generation racket which having the same spec with BS12?

2. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Some people say that the Victor Auraspeed 90S would be a great alternative. But it is stiffer than the BRS12 iirc.

Why not simply get the Bravesword 12? Still available at many places and still one of the greatest rackets.

Or go with the Li Ning Turbo Charging 75 (former N9-II) that has a bit more power but is slightly slower or the slightly stiffer and similarly fast Turbo Charging 70 (former N7-II).

Raju likes this.
  3. what07

what07 Regular Member

I think most people went towards JS12 or JS12ii. I found the JS12ii not as powerful, or repulsive as an bs12, and slightly slower. But control wise it's much better.

90F if u can get pass the color is very very forgiving, slightly slower but so much easy power and very forgiving. Comes in G6 grip like BS12L. But it's slightly headheavy even tho it's market as headlight.

Other notable models to look would be 100x, Hypersonic. Still trying mine out so don't have a solid opinion yet.

Cloudx likes this.
  4. Shamwow

Shamwow Regular Member

NF800 ftw

Gpower likes this.
  5. Jtcjw

Jtcjw Regular Member

My main racket is BS12 (3U) and I've been trying different rackets over the past couple of years to find a similar or a better racket including some mentioned above (Auraspeed 90S, Jetspeed 12, and Nanoflare 800). Racket choice is very personal, but I think:

- Auraspeed 90S (3U): quite close to BS12, but doesn't have the same oomph when it comes to smashes
    - Jetspeed 12 (3U): felt heavier at the head, not as fast
    - Nanoflare 800 (3U): overall weight heavier, the staff is stiffer, probably not as user friendly as BS12, but it's a fast and powerful racket too in the right hands

I'm currently testing Nanoflare 700 (4U) - fast, relatively more flexible shaft (i.e., not as stiff as Yonex's other high-end rackets), arguably not as powerful given it's headlight but ultimately the quality of smashes depends on the user (and fast swing also generates power).

In my view, BS12 is one of the best rackets out there, along with perhaps Arcsaber 11, particularly for doubles. Hard to be replaced by newer rackets, most of which are just marketing gimmicks.

Gpower, pootisfoib and Cloudx like this.
  6. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

Here is my List for your question:
    Hypersonic
    100x Power Ring edition

I still have my BS12L 4u in my bag , rarely use it because it is too light and can't do big smash/easy clear... i use it when my hand is so tired
    then i bought Auraspeed 90k in 3u, its a direct upgrade from BS12L / BS12N in my experience
    my racket now is 100x Power Ring in 3u, its a direct upgrade from Auraspeed 90k... Big Sweetspot, smash harder, improved control, improved speed even though it feels head heavier.. but tire me faster than 90k 3u.. the smash feeling is pleasantly gooooood !

Cloudx likes this.
  7. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

Aren't all those rackets you listed noticeably stiffer than the BS12? I think Auraspeed CY (Cai Yun) may be the most similar to BS12 in terms of shaft flexibility and spec.

what07 and Cloudx like this.
  8. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

I'm planning to head to my local shop to try out 100x as soon as they restock it. Btw, any idea how to tell the difference between power ring edition & normal ones?

9. what07

what07 Regular Member

Its a greyish cone that you can see through and can see a red ring on the inside. You can also shine a line inside to have a clearer look of the red ring.

10. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

yeah but still a direct upgrade lol
    because we own the same racket, and i think his playstyle -+ same with me so i think he will like it
    my opinion he should ve gone for 100x power ring edition, the ultimate powerfull speed type racket especially in 3u

11. Kaporal

Kaporal Regular Member

AS1000x est stiffer++ compared to bs12 !!!!!
    not a good alternative

12. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

I've manage to tried a friend's TK-FE during my regular badminton session yesterday. First time experience is TK-FE's frame is quite fast, it has some sort like a wind cutting feel when I swing it.
    I did not try it on a full game, just a warm up session. Tried a few drops and drive, TK-FE seems to be quite easy to use. As for smash wise it feels fast not sure if it's due to the racket or is it I started my warm up with ZF2 and swap to TK-FE halfway thus my arm still haven't get used to it.