A Jnice Black Panther review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Shamwow, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

BRR says it's in stock? They are not the quickest to dispatch. My order placed 2 days ago hasn't been shipped yet.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

2. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

upload_2022-5-12_14-40-4.png

That's what I see when I look at the page.

The 3U page has the same wordings saying "pre-order".

Or maybe I am being dumb ^^

3. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Ah you're right. When I ordered in late April it got delivered, but the title/info wasn't updated.

Just chatted online to them. It's OOS and a new batch has been shipped in March. So the title is accurate.

4. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

NF800 took me forever to adjust to. Haha. But it's a goodie once you get the hang of it. :D

5. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Just an FYI for those who can't find a JNICE dealer online:
    You can always message their official Instagram page and buy from them there. They ship worldwide. :D

6. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

I heard they also sells black panther version that uses lesser material (like 30T carbon instead of 40T)? Anyone knows about this and how to avoid it?

7. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Hard to tell...the only difference is the price. The racket looks the same (I think) and prob will feel similar if not the same. I can't say that the most expensive is 40T either. So if possible just ask the shop that's your best bet. If it's 2nd hand then ask the seller the shop they got it from and trace it back.

I don't know the feeling differences between BP 30T and 40T since I've never tried 30T version

8. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

FYI. My 2nd BP got delivered from BRR. About half a month later than they thought. I've got an unstrung 90K that I measure up to this. I think my previous measurements were off due to the overgrips which looked like it added 1g to 2g difference.

9. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

Can someone compare the 3u BP vs 4u BP vs another racket? Maybe using BRR's metrics :D

Smash

Control

Maneuverability

Repulsion

Defense

Drive

Overhead

Ease of use

10. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I've used BP both 3U and 4U version

Personally, I don't really like the BP 3U version. Overhead clears are easy for BP (3U and 4U).
    - I can get a better smash from the 4U version (probably I can generate more head speed).
    - I can control the shuttle better in the 3U version only because the speed is slower than 4U.

The only thing 3U beats 4U version for me is the control part. That's all. This is just my preference for 4U rackets since I don't play singles
    at all. Singles players might preferred 3U version because of the better control it gives.

For 4U versions. the feeling is close to Hypersonic but a little more vibration. The air speed is similar but BP is a tad bit slower since it's more head heavy. BP got more smashing power than 100X and Hypersonic. BP 4U used to be my main racket but the reason why I switched to 100X is because the "feel" that the free core than give me. BP doesn't have the warranty in Thailand and 2nd hand is hard to sell since Jnice is not well known in Thailand.

This is my 4U smash power ranking (Only racket that I've used over 1 week)
    1. Z Force II
    2. Ryuga
    3. 88D Pro
    4. TK-F
    5. Jnice Black Panther
    6. 100X
    7. Hypersonic
    8. 88S Pro
    9. 9000i
    10. Blade X 800

Chris88SG, yenyesoh, Shamwow and 2 others like this.
  11. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

I have a 4U BP (bought akin to other users here after badminton-racket-reviews constantly raved about the racket).

I have only had it for 2 sessions so far so I’m still adjusting (and the racket needs restringing) but in comparison to recent rackets I have played with: BS12 , n90iv (my usual) and ZF2 (all 3U)

Smash:
    ZF2 > n90iv = BP >> BS12

I feel that the BP has potential to produce more power than n90iv once I have adjusted properly

Manoueverability + defence:
    BP >> BS12 > n90iv > zf2

BP is abke to move far faster than my other rackets; in part because it is 4U but I have used other 4U rackets previously and this is faster

Ease of use -> still adjusting

The biggest changes I have noticed while using the BP is the speed -> it is so fast that my timing is completely off (I am hitting the shuttle either too early/framing or swinging before the shuttle reaches me)

And also the location of the sweet spot -> little more central on the racket face where as the others feel slightly above centre so need to further adjust

Again, this is after only 2 sessions and further improvements needed on my part but from what I have seen; this racket is no gimmick

SSSSNT and Shamwow like this.
  12. om patel

om patel Regular Member

JUST bought the BP 4U
    Woohoo should be here in 2-5 days it will be replacing my current racket the 88s PRO 4U

If you buy from BRR india residents
    it comes pre strung with Jnice JS69 and no racket cover for some reason.

Should i gut it and use something else ? Never heard any hype of jnice strings.

Dlee likes this.
  13. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

Welcome to the club =)

I also got mine pre-strung with JS69 and a racket sleeve

I would recommend getting it restrung -> not because JS69 is a poor string but because the string has been strung in one go (don’t know the technical term but there are only two knots rather than 4) and the tension (when measured by my stringer) was very uneven with 26 lb around the sides and 22/23 lb in the middle.

So who ever strung the racket did it at about 26 lb and did not do the mains and crosses separately -> I think this is not good for the frame

So I would say get it restrung

Also, having used an AX88s pro myself; the BP has a lot more repulsion rather than hold (which I felt with the 88sp) and is alot faster so be prepared to mis-hit a few and send some flying haha!

om patel likes this.
  14. om patel

om patel Regular Member

15. om patel

om patel Regular Member

Stupid question alert :
    BP 4U
    Got my racket restrung and had super grap put on but wasn’t there when they did it . CAme
    Home and it felt significant heavier so checked the grip and they put the super grap over the regular jnice grip. shouldn’t I take the Jnice grip off and then put the Super grap on ?

16. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Grip wont affect swing characteristic significantly coz its very close to axis rotation. But if you use quite thick heavy grip, it might just affect the overall weight of the racket & still wont affect your games much. Anyway generally overgrip weight are around 2-3gr, so its not much to affect one performance.

What you need to consider are how the thickness of the grip fit your palm. If its to thin or to big, it might affect your games but if not, nothing much to worry.

speCulatius and om patel like this.
  17. om patel

om patel Regular Member

thank you for the information! Really appreciate the insight!

So on your guys black panther 4u how did you find the handle size ? did you guys throw a grip over the original or did you take the original off and added your own preferred grip?

18. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

Personally, I always take off the original grip and put on a preferred one -> simply because I am used to doing this and it has become routine :)

om patel likes this.
  19. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

3-4 grams more weight on the grip does affect how the racket swing imo. The balance point will go down and you will feels the racket head gets lighter.

yenyesoh likes this.
  20. Budi

Budi Regular Member

BP definitely change but swing weight wont change significantly.
    Between BP & SW, SW are closer to describe racket characteristic. You could have the same BP racket yet play different due to different weight distribution on the head & measuring their SW show different number even tho BP are the same.

om patel likes this.