East Ventures INDONESIA Open 2022 : R/32-Final (14-20 June)

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by Cheung, Jun 13, 2022.

1. mohans

mohans Regular Member

I will put that record straight by saying- LZJ can win VA once a year

That solitary win in AE has been blown way out of proportions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Lzj will need all his wits and consistency to beat viktor. Not impossible.

Momota must be cursing for his lost. ;)

China md played nothing to loose. Did well.

keithl likes this.
  3. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

He is just delusional to be honest. If he has really followed "LZJ" for so long and he still writes the post that he does, something is really very wrong with him.

I mean Vitsdarn is one of the top players who I can say is at the same level as Laksya Sen. I know the ranking dun tell the full story but seriously, everyone knows he is one of the top. I mean he beat a very determined LKY in the sea games 21-14 21-14. I mean this is the guy who nearly beat LZJ today but yet he has the audacity to say that Vitsdarn is not expected to give LZJ a hard time.

And of course Ginting who was the only one who was able to actually challenge Momota at his prime and took 1 game from Viktor today.

Ramske of course is not of their caliber but then he can give great players a very hard time like he did to LKY.

But that guy is so delusional. I dun even want to reply to him

#283 ong huigen, Jun 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  4. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

he is equal to sen

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

What a serve return from Astrup using his foot. Lol never seen anything like that.

6. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

Lately Kobayashi's play has been annoying me...such amateurish mistakes at times.

7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Told you HokiKoba wont win it but what a blown chance.

without Yere injury, there will prolly only 1 seed left. So much happening in MD that its the most exciting discipline.

also it will actually be nice to watch at Istora tomorrow.

#287 Yoji, Jun 17, 2022
  8. Arisuin

Arisuin Regular Member

I mean... It's both of them. It's so frustrating to watch them with the amount of inconsistency they have, making it look like the inconsistency that Shida/Matsuyama have is not bad at all.

Although Shida and Matsuyama have been playing significantly better than they did in the beginning of the year, as opposed to Hoki and Kobayashi who struggle even with lower ranked pairs

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

9. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

I think he is more creative then Sen but less sharp.

10. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

If i recall correctly, if not of the protective ranking, VA and LZJ would be the number 1 and 2 plater respectively for current ranking. I would say it will be a tough match for both

Simeon likes this.
  11. cococo

cococo Regular Member

I really have followed LZJ career for that long and watch most of his matches since Chinese Taipei Open when he was ranked 50+.

Don't misunderstand me,I think Kunlavut is a very good player and probably after VA retire he will be at the top because he can outsmart most of the other players.

But I don't think LZJ should lose to him because he has a similar physical attributes to VA and as far as I recall,VA has not yet lost to Kunlavut. If LZJ can master a similar playing style to VA he should be able to beat Kunlavut as well. But he keeps playing the same way which doesn't work all the time.

LKY is not as big of a threat to LZJ,their H2H is now in favour of LZJ. But one thing LKY does well is that he knows how to take his chances, like at the World Championship. But LZJ is the more consistent player to me since their junior days.

People often think that one player is unbeatable and will be at the top but I don't believe that will happen. Simply because different players have different strengths and weaknesses. Some have more strengths than weakness but if you can find the weakness and exploit it,you can still win regardless of ranking. But at the same time,others can find your weakness too.

I believe players like Kunlavut and Gemke know LZJ weakness. Their ranking may be lower but it doesn't matter because they know how to exploit his weaker area.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

#291 cococo, Jun 17, 2022
    keithl and Simeon like this.
  12. Habisin-Habisin

Habisin-Habisin Regular Member

Exactly, couldn't agree more on this.
    Only players with skill and strong mentality can do it all (consistent for years carrying all the burden alone).

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

SEMIFINAL => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...B9A-A767-4C59-A18A-E9D11B313614&d=20220618&c=
    upload_2022-6-18_9-33-39.png

Anthony Ginting stole one game and that's he can do against the impeccable Axelsen. The Dane actually managed good lead in second game before the momentum slipped away, several misjudgments at the back line more or less distracting his focus and home favorite didn't waste the opportunity to inject the pace to play all out attack that absorbed so much energy to seal second game. At final game, Ginting stamina declined drastically, lopsided atmosphere was inevitable and delivered another victory for the Olympic Champion, classic problem for most of Indonesian players to resolve, physical condition. An even duel between Lee ZJ and Loh KY as none can dominate this match, very tight until the finish line. Both players eyeing net territory repeatedly to provoke opponent to lift shuttlecock. The composed Malaysian has better defense department, keep directing his sharp smash into Loh backhand area, World Champion impatience brought failure at crucial stages, similar conclusion with last week defeat.

China WS players rule semifinal that happen frequently this year, their ascendancy just begin to roar again, An SY still couln't beat He BJ who performed horribly in opening game, unable to control the drift well and contribute many cheap points due to tons of unforced errors. Shuttlecock looks heavy as the match going in snail pace and long tiring rallies. Wang ZY grabs limelight to beat two high-profile names in a row, Akane Yamaguchi became her victim yesterday where the Japanese unusually lack of accuracy and slower movement. Later on, Chen YF conquers Okuhara convincingly and will meet nemesis Tai TY who perhaps could deny all CHN final if the Taiwanese exhibits wonderful performance.

Tragic ending for INA MD, one point away for Pram/Yere to secure semifinal berth but bad luck happened as Yere faltered and twisted his leg then could barely stand as he endured the pain, Chia/Soh won at the end, 22-20, the Malaysian duo showed great sportsmanship last night after the aftermath as they know the Indonesians were the victor in this match but unfortunate event had defected them. Last survivors for the host, Alfian/Ardianto can't rise to the occasion, they frustrated by Liu/Ou unbelievable defense and fast drive shots.

Never say never, Kititharakul/Prajongjai prove themselve to pocket first ever victory in 14th attempt over arch rivals Chen/Jia who can't maintain their tip-top fitness level in back to back tournament, quite bit strange as the Chinese pair were used to have formidable stamina in previous era. Japanese WD combination, Matsuyama/Shida and Fukushima/Hirota are the front runners to face off each other in last round here.

Mixed doubles semifinal presents regular contestants where China has assured one final ticket, the resurgents Seo SJ/Chae YJ will take on All England champions Watanabe/Higashino, the Koreans starting to participate tournament actively after long time break since Tokyo OG, showed notable performance last week, lost rubber games to eventual winners Zheng/Huang in last four.

It'sMeMeMe, Simeon and nokh88 like this.
  14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Cheung, you didn't change the tournament section at top right corner.

upload_2022-6-18_9-57-51.png

15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

There is basically no newcomer in XD and WD (other than the INA wd pair). MS has 1 frontrunner but the rest has been unpredictable, MD is unpredictable. WS has been the same top 8 but will get boring because CYF will dominate once the class of 93-95 retires ( well they already look like they are gone like NO PVS CM) and only ASY to replace them but well WS is still ok.

if i have to say WD and XD looks to be dying in badminton.

its a shame that talent like Yuta has to play XD.

trizzforce likes this.
  16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Skills : LCW
    Mentality : CHN players
    Heaviest Burden : LCW

17. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

Only reason I watch XD these days is because of Yuta. The category would be more interesting if the top 8 pairs have equal chance to win instead of familiar script having China 1/2 in the finals all the time or the Thai pair winning everything in the Chinese absence (previously).

MD is quite competitive these days.

Yoji likes this.
  18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Tennis only has MS and WS.
    Who follows MD, WD and XD?
    Badminton is a little better.

19. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

actually Pra/Yere can win QF and do walkover in SF, it is in order to collect ranking point…

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Amusingly, MAS pair is the highest seed left.