Tournaments in Toronto

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by chobits125, Mar 7, 2004.

1. chobits125

chobits125 Regular Member

Is there any individual tournaments in Toronto?
    (individual = don't have to be a member of any club or team to participate)

2. edward

edward Regular Member

I think there is one at Driftwood next weekend. I'm still waiting for some information on that, but I assume you dont need to belong to any club or team.
    There are lots of tournaments and sometimes you wont need a player card. Check out the OBA (http://www.ontariobadminton.on.ca/OBA/OBAWebsite.nsf) under Events, and some tournaments will say if you do or do not need to have a player card. If you do, they often sell them at the tournaments during registration.

3. Traum

Traum Regular Member

University of Waterloo should be holding their Survival of the Fittest tournament pretty soon. However, it is an extremely popular tournament, and space generally fills up pretty fast.

You might wanna check with Pointfore.ca for details as he has some affiliations with the UW Badminton Club.

-Rick

4. Pointfore.Ca

Pointfore.Ca Regular Member

Equipment Reseller
    Survival of the Fittest is on March 26-27th this term. But there are some complications with court space as always, so nothing has been finalized for dates and times. I'll probably post something up when I find out more details, but it's likely going to be capped at 32 teams per event, unless we get more court space. Even at Waterloo badminton is treated as a second-class sport... :(

5. piclic77

piclic77 Regular Member

tourney fever

Being from the east coast in the states not much tourney go on. i would love to participate in any friendly tourney that does require any memberships/associations. Just to even play and meet people is a plus and have some fun. please let me know folks. :)