Recommended racket for my girlfriend

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Zaratan, May 23, 2022.

1. Zaratan

Zaratan New Member

My girlfriend wants to play badminton more seriously. It means she is on a beginner level but want improve her skills and join a club.
    Are there any "easy playable" racets on the market that you can recommend?
    I was just looking for yonex racets but I am confused cause there are soooo many different models.
    I am thinking to spend about 60euros

2. Zaratan

Zaratan New Member

I can't edit my post :(

I can get a used yonex nanoray 900 for 60euro. But I can't find much information about this racket.:(

3. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

Yonex ranges are head light, head heavy, balanced.

Nanoray, nanospeed and nanoflare are head light (mostly).

Astrox and Voltrik are head heavy

Duora and arcsaber range are balanced (could be wrong about duora, only tested one once and disliked the confusion between which side to use).

For a beginner, I would recommend a racquet with mid flex, not too stiff. Head light or head heavy is personal preference.

I can't find any information on the nanoray 900, but I play with the Nanoray 800 and it's a great racquet. Just maybe too stiff for a beginner.

Yonex Nanoflare Clear Badminton Racket (Blue)
    and
    Yonex Astrox Cosmic Reign (Silver-Black)

Should fit in your budget.
    Otherwise link the website you are going to buy from and I can recommend from there (I am uk based so look at UK sites).

4. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
  5. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

Honestly I find the BS12 a good beginner racket. If a girl I know if starting out and doesn't have her own preferences set up, that's the route I go.

It's got good flex for power generation, fast, easy to maneuver and is generous with mishits.

Woesi likes this.
  6. Yves-bzh-29

Yves-bzh-29 Regular Member

Hi, you can check the Babolat satellite touch.

7. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I would say Li ning Windstorm 76 is good too. It's light so it would burden your shoulder that much and good enough power for smashing and easy clears.

Or i would recommend Brave Sword 12 L if you can increase your budget abit.

8. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

My recommendation for a beginner who wants to improve is always a racket that's "easy" and not in the way. That means nothing extreme. Stay away from extremely light rackets. Stay away from extremely head heavy rackets. Stay away from very stiff rackets. Stay away from compact heads...

That leaves you with 3U (even balanced) or 4U (even balanced or slightly head heavy) and medium flexibility. Luckily, there is plenty of those from many different manufacturers and you can probably even get one where she'll like the looks.

In your price range many rackets come factory strung, make sure to replace those strings immediately with something decent. If your budget is strict, factor that in for the price.

s_mair, Woesi, Shamwow and 1 other person like this.
  9. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

Windstrom 72 and windstrom 700 quite popular in my country, tectonic 6 is newest products from Li Ning,
    For Victor should try Hypernano X 20 H, and for Yonex between Nanoflare 170, 270,370