REVIEW: Yonex Arcsaber 11 Pro + Comparisons with other popular Yonex racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by John Xina, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Potato420dr

Potato420dr Regular Member

Student
    The new arc11 pro/tour/play rackets don't have grommet sink, do they? I hear horror stories about arc11 having grommet sink, and am wondering about the new series.

2. Alif Izmir

Alif Izmir New Member

maybe because the racket is quite new so i have not heard about issues about the new 11 pro but the old arc11 sure have sinking issues in the frame :(

3. Rammler

Rammler New Member

Can u give us a quick review?
    I would especially like to know how ARC11Pro compares to 88S Pro. On paper they look quite similar

fufu27 likes this.
  4. Rammler

Rammler New Member

Got my hands on a 4ug5 model. Control is indeed excellent. Power is not so good. I had a lot of timing issues like CK Yew got back then. And i come from an 88dp too. So maybe people who switch from an 88d or 88dp will need some time to get used to the arc11p. A bonus of the 4u Version is the speed. It is a lot quicker than the 88dp.

Another aspect to power: the arc11p is very unforgiving when u are not hitting the sweetspot. U will lose a lot of Power then. So for good quality smashing u need really good technic and a good hitting point.

5. Xaos

Xaos New Member

nice review! how would you compare this to 88s pro? in terms of power and repulsion, also which is easier to draw out power from?

6. Rammler

Rammler New Member

I had the 88sp in 4u/g5. The 88sp had a little bit more power, but not that much. I would suggest to test them both.

7. LOW fyee

LOW fyee New Member

i had both 100zz & 88s in 3u. what i like about the new arc 11p was the drive i can easilly make it close the the net .

8. luke_amateur

luke_amateur New Member

I'm currently playing with Arc 11 pro 4u5.
    Man Doubles only. Club level.

The Yonex I used to play with: 88D 2018, Ax 77 Red & Yellow.
    After years of playing doubles, I slowly switch to balance racquets as double games tend to expect you perform all kind of strokes and moving all around the court. Therefore, I'm not gonna say I'm a front / rear court player.

SPEED
    Arc 11 pro is a fast racquet when compare to 88D or 77.
    Short grip can help you have more responsive to fast drive or net kill.
    Stiff shaft does help in term of speed.

POWER
    Not much when compare to 88D or 77.
    But with long grip, the shaft give you a bit flex, increase the output power.
    Stick smash is deadly. Full swing smash is acceptable.
    Double smashes rely more on placement than power, therefore to me the 11 pro did it good.

CONTROL
    Top notch, comparision can be: 88D = 11 pro > 77.
    But 11 pro is better in term of maneuverbility than 88D.
    Aerobite string + 11 pro is a dream for any control player.

Khamenman and visor like this.
  9. onlinekute17

onlinekute17 Regular Member

Has anyone tried to measure the 11 Pro specs without the top red grommet?

I like medium-stiff rackets, so the 11 Pro is not really my cup of tea. But I'm thinking of sticking one of those Control Assist Bumper on a 7 Pro.

10. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Thank you for your extensive review John, I believe many people here, including myself, find your review useful. As my contribution for this forum, I would like to share my 5 cents since I also owned this Arcsaber 11 Pro although at the end I sold it, along with some other rackets mentioned here. Rackets I have had or still have that mentioned here: Arcsaber 11 Pro (3U), Arcsaber 11 (3U), Astrox 100ZZ (4U), Nanoflare 800 (3U).

I would say I agree with all your comments and all your comparison, spot-on! Maybe with the exception about the smash power as I find it really lacking. I would even rate it 6/10 instead of 7.5 :D This is the thing that I don't understand: I like how it feels and I also have no problem with the power output I get when I do lob/clear and drive, but for smash, I find the power output is lower than what I expected. The fraction-seconds staying on the string bed (ie the hold) really absorb the power. At the end, I sold it as I prefer a more solid feeling and repulsion from my strokes. As it is now, I am using 100ZZ as it really fits my preference, especially on the power transfer. I sold both my Arcsabers and Nanoflare btw.

Out of curiosity, are you still using the Arcsaber 11 Pro up until now as your main racket?

#50 Khamenman, Jan 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  11. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I can understand why some people have this impression, but the physics does not agree with this observation. When you talk about the heavy/light feel, you are talking about the momentum, which is just a product of mass and velocity. Since we know that the mass of the shuttle does not change (ie always constant), then the momentum is linearly proportional with the velocity, thus you cannot have "faster but lighter" or "slower but heavier" feeling. My hypothesis is that the timing of the slower smash caught you or your friend off guard and as the result you/your friend hit it slightly off the timing and thus it felt heavier, maybe.. :)

SinggihSW likes this.
  12. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I share your observation here. Just want to add that while people with better technique and physique can surely generate enough power with the Arc11 Pro, they can generate even better, more powerful smashes with replusion-based rackets such as 88DP or 100ZZ

13. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

It should also be taken into consideration that repeated smashes with a head heavy racquet will make you more tired in a ralley than a head light or balanced one would.

You could argue the smashes are weaker so you need to use more, but swings and roundabouts.

14. Marmiteboy

Marmiteboy Regular Member

Hi John- I'd be really interested in your fview/advice of the Arcsabe 11 pro versus the Voltric 80 4U VT80 ( the white Peter Gade racket) Unfortunately recently i lost my Voltric and need to replace. I love the control and and despite 4u the power of the Voltric. Would the Arcsabre 11 pro 4u be a suitable replacement. Many thanks if you can reply . Phil ( Marmiteboy!)

15. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Voltric successor would be Astrox & 80 are likely 88D now.
    But even so VT & Astrox are not quite the same. In term of power, none surpass VT but AX excel on manouverability in exchange of less power. Its kinda hate or love, would you be ok trading abit of power for abit more manouver.
    Then Arcsaber are a whole different set. Its not mean for power since the 1st time it released but more about control with its shuttlehold feature.

Khamenman likes this.
  16. Marmiteboy

Marmiteboy Regular Member

thanks
    Thanks Budi - what about Astrox 88Dpro 4u - would this be closer to my Voltric 80 VT80 4u ??

17. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Never had tried VT80 nor 88D Pro, but long ago i had tried OG 88D 4U. Compare to a cheaper VT, 7DG 3U the power of OG 88D are still below it but ofcourse VT are slower to play fast games.
    I would say try it urself if possible as you might like the extra manouver AX88D had tho with less power or you might also hate it as its not quite satisfiying power smash.

18. Nihal

Nihal Regular Member

Hi, I own the 88dp 4ug5 and the ax77 4ug4
    I also had a voltric ld.
    What I can say between the voltric and the 88dp is that the 88dp is a refreshed voltric, not exactly but just feels much much better to play with the 88dp than the voltric.
    voltric is also damn powerful but is pretty hard to move around while the 88dp has both and I would even say it got more power than the voltric (idk compared to the ZFII tho)
    In a nutshell, the new rackets that are being released prove to be more efficient and easy to use, like the 88dp, so as a user of the 88dp, I would say go for it as long as you can afford it.

19. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Its been some 20 years since my last major racket purchase in the MP-100. Which I'm still using.
    Got myself a JP edition A11Pro. Strung with Aerobite (red) at 22lbs.

I have to agree with almost everything on this review. As noted by @ luke_amateur , its practically a dream combination for those who seek control. The slice drops and chops were simply amazing. But I think the string tension can go up a notch till 24lbs as I found the hold time + soft (not referring to the tension) string combination left things a little wanting when it came to fast returns requiring precision.
    Either that or the Aerobite Yellow which is a harder string at 22lbs.

In case anyone is wondering, my vintage MP-100 is a 2UG4, and on an exbolt 63 at the same 22lbs. Its a whole lot stiffer compared to the A11Pro. And a whole lot unforgiving when it comes to off center hits. But it feels slower and less deft comparatively when it came to ultra soft net shots and pushes.

yenyesoh likes this.
  20. jickman

jickman Regular Member

student
    coming from the 88D pro. I absolutely love the Arc11 pro (3U). The swing and balance suit my style now coming from historically a head heavy racquet user. In terms of power, I can generate a lot of power on it, and I felt its easier as well than using my 88D pro, but this could be because and weight is probably more suitable for me.

At the end, it depends on your style and technique in generating power on your smash. This racquet is being used by a lot of professionals.

Gpower likes this.