KAWASAKI Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by KWSKJP, Apr 30, 2019.

1. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

Ahh okay. Thanks for all the help, I think I'll be picking up a pair soon.

2. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Noprobpem mate, btw, here is a pic from the outer soles of the Yonex and Kawasaki.

What I forgot to mention and could be useful for you:

The Kawasaki Dial shoes have solid insoles regarding their thickness and cushioning effect but the fabric layer isn't glued in very well and comes loose which doesn't feel to comfortable.
    Had this issue on 2 insoles out of 4 shoes (2 pairs) so I would guess that is recurring issue.

Getting some insoles as backup (I prefer LN or Victor ones when it comes to longevity andcushioning) would be my recommendation (so probably ~10 extra bucks).

Attached Files:

3. raistian

raistian Regular Member

Does Kawasaki provide stringing pattern for their racquets? I looked at previous pages and there's a mention of it taking Haribito 1 piece better than 2 piece (shared grommets in the wrong place?). I normally string standard Yonex 76 holes, 2 piece 4 knots and would prefer racquets with this pattern so I don't have to change a thing.

4. Kaporal

Kaporal Regular Member

have someone tested or have the NINJA 788L please ?
    it is written "attack" and head heavy on the kawasaki chart but it is written as 284mm (balance).

What is the correct ? head heavy or head light ? attach or defense ? I'm confused

5. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I'm not Kawasaki user but the 284 mm balance point is considered "head light" for me. I think the reason why Kawasaki labeled this racket as "attack" is maybe because of the "boxed frame design" which help generate more smashing power. But I wouldn't say this racket gives monster smashing power only judging from the specs. But I would wait for the actual user of the racket to answer the hitting feeling.

6. Kaporal

Kaporal Regular Member

on this chart, we can see that ninja 788 is above king k9
    however king k9 is 294mm...

i'm confused ! Is 284mm written wrong ? perhaps kawasaki made a mistake by written 284mm ?

Attached Files:

7. orbn01

orbn01 New Member

Swingweight: 89 kg/cm2

8. orbn01

orbn01 New Member

9. Kaporal

Kaporal Regular Member

ok thank you !

I'm hesiting between these 3 rackets, for both doubles and singles (but majority doubles)
    • honor s9
    • king k9
    • ninja 788 L
    have someone tested honor s9 please ?

10. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Quick update on the Kawasaki Dial Shoes:

Problem 1: Both shoes have now shown tears at the outer sole of the left foot.

Fist time that this has happened to me on any kind of badminton shoe (including pairs at various price points).
    It most likely happened on a scissor jump movement to the backhand corner as this puts most stress on that area.

Problem 2: The tightening system now has even more problems holding the tension. That means that the shoe laces (if you can call them that) lose more tension over time than they used to.

They also sometimes get kind of stuck while loosening and you have to be more forceful to get the lace system to become completely loose. This happens especially often on the white pair (but not surprising since this is the pair I bought first).

Used the White pair for ~7-8 months and the Black pair for ~5-6 months.

Each pair once or twice a week in rotation with the other shoes I used before for 2-3 hours per session.

Considering how the price of ~75 USD per pair including 10 day shipping from China to Germany I wouldn't buy these shoes again.

The dial system is just not on the standard that Yonex or Li-Ning have (since they use the established BOA system) and the build quality was only alright.

Cushioning, stability and grip were great for the price but the lack of durability is definitely a major downside of this shoe.

If you only use it when you are coaching others or doing things like feeding I would recommend them considering how easy they are to put on and off.

For serious play I would defintiely go with other shoes.

Attached Files:

11. Kaporal

Kaporal Regular Member

Hello,

nobody have testes honor s9 please ?
    compared to s6 and k9 please ?

Barkov Maxim likes this.
  12. pughon

pughon Regular Member

I have the Honor S9.

It is a nice racket with gorgeous paintjob. The frame is slim but can stand 32lbs.
    I had the K9 long ago so I dont remember how it plays but the S9 has a little less power than the 88D pro, but faster which is why I dont like because I am not used to the speed.

One more thing I notice that K9 and S9 frame are broader than Astrox line.

What I like about the S9 is the super slim shaft, which makes me feel the frame weight only.

#232 pughon, Nov 10, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    Barkov Maxim and Kaporal like this.
  13. kingsooji

kingsooji Regular Member

What would be a fast, non-tiring, easy on the arm Kawasaki racket that can substitute Bravesword 12 with bit more power for clears and smashes ?. Thanks

14. kingsooji

kingsooji Regular Member

I contacted Kawasaki official store in AliExpress a week back. They told me 4U version of King K9 is no longer in production. Is this true?.

15. pughon

pughon Regular Member

You contacted the official store and now you ask here if it is true? :eek::rolleyes:o_O

Schultzier, StrTgsT and SarsiLemon like this.
  16. kingsooji

kingsooji Regular Member

BRR rates S9 on top of King K9 on all factors except may be control. How is the build quality ?. Do you feel it is fragile ?

17. pughon

pughon Regular Member

I wish you could see all the paint chips on my K9, they happened so easily. But the paint on S9 is completely on another level.

The frame width is very slim, in my opinion, but the head weight is still enough, which makes the racket solid.

18. Dylan Vang

Dylan Vang New Member

Hi,

I have the Honor S9, S6, and the King K9. I hope the information I give will help you out.

The Honor S9 is my favorite out of the 3 rackets. It feels good in the hands and feels "alive" on the court. It does everything I need it to do, such as having power in my overheads and having control of the shuttlecocks close to the nets for the pin point shots. It does have some head weight as it being a head heavy racket, but its not overly heavy where it feels like a hassle to swing later in the game. Same goes with it's stiffness, it's stiff but not super still like the voltric force 2. I find that I can use this rackets well in both singles and doubles. If I were to compare the Honor S9 to a voltric force 2 and or a Thruster F enhanced I wouldn't darn use the voltric force 2 for both doubles and singles as its too stiff and heavy for doubles for me. As for the Thruster I find it feeling heavier in my hands than the Honor S9, which makes me fatigue faster in a match. Overall, I would highly recommend the Honor S9, I had it for a little under a year and love using it.

The Honor S6 is a whole different story. First impressions I really didnt like this racket. I normally like using head heavy rackets, so using this racket felt really off. My overhead swings felt like it had no power, which made it was tougher for me to win points through smashes. Where it lacks in power it does make it up in speed. This racket is a moderately head light racket with a stiff shaft, similar to a Victor Auraspeed. By being a head light racket I fine myself playing a more defensive and long pace rally type of match. Hitting precious shots to move my opponent(s). Compared to the Honor S9 I would say the only edge the Honor S6 has is that its a faster racket with better control.

When comparing the Honor S9 to the King K9, I would say that the Honor S9 would be the better pick. The King K9 performance, in my opinion, isnt that great compared the the Honor S9 and S6. Due to the King K9 being a more balance racket I feel like it lacks the aggression of being on offense. The control of the racket isnt the best either since it has a pretty flexible shaft, I find that my net shots are pretty inconsistent when playing. The only edge I'll give to the king k9 is that its an easier racket to use, but other than that the Honor S9 is the superior racket.

pootisfoib and Barkov Maxim like this.
  19. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I forgot how much the Kawasaki K8 is a great racquet!

I played recently with auraspeed HS, then transitionned to 100X for the slight gain in power when smashing, but in 4U these racquets are not meant to play singles, to my regret… I then tried auraspeed 90k2 which is amazing when in top form but a complete disaster if you’re in an off day.

A friend of mine was selling a brand new K8 for a cheap price so I bought it. As I already played with before, I used it directly in a official match against advanced players with way better ranking than both me and my partner, so nothing to lose… And we’ve done well. Not enough to win but we had our chances in each game.

The racquet is beautiful, slightly head heavy, not tiring at all -somewhere between semi stiff and stiff- control is excellent…
    The reinforced T joint makes it very stable even when hitting of center under pressure, and makes it very powerful on clean hits.

For someone who plays an allround game, with no emphasis on attack or defence, this is the best compromise I’ve found between power and manoeuvrability

20. pughon

pughon Regular Member

I think the Honor S9 shaft is more flexible than the King K9.