Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Dug into it and found some pics and statements from users and reviewers over on BadmintonCN:

Screenshot_20220508-205820_Chrome.jpg
    (Only pic I found that compares frame sizes to anything except the other colorway 90 Max... :rolleyes:)

From an out of the box evaluation:
    Compared to AXF80: Frame area slightly smaller, ~5% thinner frame with 72 hole design and recessed grommets all the way

Also the handle area seems to be slightly longer overall.

The user reviews state that it seems to share most of the frame characteristics as the 100ZZ.

One User has described it as a stiffer Astrox 99 (LCW version to be more specific) with the head of the 100ZZ.

In addition, quite a few people said the shaft felt stiffer than the 100zz while one person said it felt softer in comparison.

One thing the users agree on is that this is the stiffest LN shaft so far (Dragon version).

Attached Files:

km_01, yenyesoh, decoy and 1 other person like this.
  2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Cheers mate!

I’m not really sure what to make of this. Stiffest LN racket yet sounds interesting. 72 holes on the other hand… why is LN still clinging so hard on this oldschool pattern even for their highest end rackets? I just don’t get it.

Any chance to find some actually useful data like head weight or swing weight? You can directly scrap and forget those „feels like an AX99 KM edition with the head of a AX100ZZ and the grip of a Z-Strike“ nonsense impressions.

And comparing the 90max with the 100ZZ in the same picture, I’d say that the head of the 90max looks bigger, especially around the bottom. And that would match the 72 holes pattern that to my knowledge had never been used on a compact head racket.

3. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Haven't seen any of the usual marketing staff that may explain it...
    If it is stiffer than the Tectonic 9 already is, I might see myself hitting the gym more frequently before thinking about buying it (or just going with the Tiger instead:rolleyes:)

Had to dig deep for these pics already, haven't found any more specs than the one already posted in this thread sadly.
    Added those impressions before I actually found the useful articles, they seemed to confirm the compact head and give an idea of the stiffness.

Yeah, 100ZZ looks slightly smaller. Looking from my phone I couldn't tell which one has the slimmer bottom, also the angle of the 90 Max is sightly rotated. Looking at it on a bigger monitor I think the 90 Max could actually have a slightly thinner frame down there.

Another out of the box evaluation stated that the head appears to be bigger than on the Jetspeed 10. But no pic or additional details whatsoever...

Wish LN would have a tenth of Yonex' marketing competency when it comes to informing or advertising to the non-chinese speaking markets...:confused:

So the 90 Max would be the first 72 hole compact (although not that compact) head and the first LN racket with a compact head? Let's see if they will state reason for the design choices in the upcoming catalogue and which fancy new "techs" or features were implemented;)

s_mair likes this.
  4. km_01

km_01 New Member

Oh really? Thank you so much. I almost bought another racket. Maybe I'll just wait for this new one.

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

It's always super hard to judge these things going by pics only. It's not only the perspective, but there is always the lens distortion of the cameras to make it worse.

1 tenth of Yonex would be fully enough for me. But it seems it's not only the non-chinese markets - going by the amount of research you had to do to get these half-baked facts (and again, thanks a lot for the effort!), it doesn't seem as if there is anything usable available in Chinese as well.

Nothing else to do but keep on playing the waiting game it seems. But why does this always feel so unsatisfying with LN compared to pretty much all other brands?! :(

Woesi likes this.
  6. DKCPH2018

DKCPH2018 Regular Member

I think it has similar headsize of the Calibar 900 and head shape similar to 100ZZ . There are 2 versions Tiger & Dragon and one of them is a bit shorter in length than the other. I held them for a few minutes at the Li Ning store in Denmark. They have received a sample piece for checking so that they can decide to order or not. I think the red color one is the shorter one. and they both were stiff and for sure slightly head heavy.

yenyesoh likes this.
  7. saker80

saker80 New Member

Hi @Woesi sorry out of topik, I have read your review on auranout 7000c previously, I am curious about small sweetspot for this racket, recently I compared the head size aeronout 7000c and ax80 at shop, a7000c have bigger head.. can you give any thought? I love your comprehensive review on ax80 and a700pc before. Thanks and cheers..

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

8. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Got a few weeks ago a bunch of 72 holes oldschool rackets to do over a weekend...while I'm okay with the fact that clients come and pay me for stringing, I can endure this. For my own rackets, it's a deal breaker. That's the reason why I decided to sell my BS10s and MX80s. My own rackets should be strung like a charm.

9. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Yeah, interestingly a lot of the users and reviewers compared it directly to the 100ZZ but only 1 pic actually shows both next to each other with no measurements to back up the differences...

Since the racket hasn't been released the lack of information is somewhat understandable.

The reviewers btw were also surprised that that they went with a compact head + 72 holes and couldn't tell why.
    So even the people who got those reviewer models early on don't have a clue and didn't get information on why...

s_mair likes this.
  10. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Don't have the 7000C anymore, but the head size is larger because of the Airstream system (vents at bottom of the head) which requires more space.

Iirc correctly the string bed area's size is pretty similar.
    If you can remember the N99 that was launched in 2016, that one had a smaller sweetspot as well and therefore people were describing it as not particularly user friendly despite it's not very demanding specs...

Similar on the 7000C in my opinion which therefore feels harder to use than rackets with similar specs but without the airstream system.

saker80 likes this.
  11. saker80

saker80 New Member

Dry swing an7000c at shop feel nice and solid, also the color is pretty imho.

My current go to racket is tectonic 7, maybe it is more sensible to pick ax80. Thanks for replying and cheerss

12. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

If you are used to the Tectonic 7, why not look at Tectonic 7C or Tectonic 9?
    Same type of frame that you are used too and carry more head weight which you seem to be looking for in the AXF80 and 7000C.

Tectonic 7C is a rather light 3u racket and would be not much heavier than the Tectonic 7 which is a rather heavy 4u racket iirc.

Tectonic 9 3u is quite heavy though, the 4u version should be somewhat closer to the Tectonic 7 and would be easier to maneuver.

saker80 likes this.
  13. saker80

saker80 New Member

Sorry my mistake, my go to racket is tectonic 7c picture as attached, which I love to play, power is easy to access and have good manuver bility. This T7c also is built like tank, survive few clashes with only minor scracth on painting.

With my preferred spec I thinking ax80 maybe more suitable to my playstyle. For tectonic 9, dry swing at shop felt very solid and litle bit too stiff for me, but I love the head heavy feeling. Yeah decision time [​IMG]

Woesi likes this.
  14. km_01

km_01 New Member

Hello. Have you tried ordering from this site - https://www.shopnings.com/li-ning-axforce-90-max-badminton-racket/?
    Do you think the site is legit and the racket is authentic? Not sure if I should order online or just wait and buy when I visit Singapore this summer.

15. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Have ordered shoes and clothing from them several times, they are serious and have had no problems so far.

Had to pay taxes several times though when ordering at shopnings.

16. km_01

km_01 New Member

Alright. They are a legit Li-Ning distributor, right? I checked their Instagram and they are not being followed by the official LiNing IG account. The LiNing IG account, though, follows other Li-Ning distributors such as those based in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Canada. Any thoughts about this?

17. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Saw that LN/Kason Europe are following their Insta.

If you have doubts you can still ask your national LN distributor whether they are authentic, they should be able to provide a more conclusive answer.

km_01 likes this.
  18. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

I am thinking of getting a new racket. I also have zf2 but its sometimes a hit or miss for me and feel that that n90 iii is more consistent to me in singles and doubles. Since there is a 50% less sale on going, I want to take this opportunity to get a new racket.

The rackets available are:
    Aeronaut 7000C
    N99
    TC 75 Combat
    TC N9 II
    N90 IV
    3D Calibar 800

Any recommendations are appreciated.

#6618 Ludwik, May 19, 2022
    Last edited: May 19, 2022
  19. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

What are you looking for?

Something that can hit as hard as the ZF2 or N90-III?
    Then you could look at the 75C, N99 or Calibar 800 although all of these are not as powerful as the two you have.

The N9-2, N90-IV and 7000C are more balanced rackets in comparison and sacrifice power for speed and easier handling.

All of these rackets are good or great but might not be what you are looking for if you want a 1:1 replacement of your N90-III and especially not Z-Force 2...

20. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

Oh okay guess I won't be getting anything from the sale. I am looking for something that can hit as hard if not better than the N90-III but not as unforgiving as a ZF2. Is there a lining racket that fits? Tectonic 9 (3u) maybe? On a side note AxForce 90 Max looks promising too.