India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

We still need to win the Sudirman Cup! Doubles needs a lot of improvement before we can earn a big badminton nation tag. WS, WD are a work in progress. We need to have at least 6 top MD players to become formidable.

arjevo likes this.
  2. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Lin Dan - Our Chines team was afraid to lose so they actually lost in quarter final, but Indian team was not afraid to lose so they won the Thomas Cup.
    Source - Weibo

Anks, Airos, Cheung and 3 others like this.
  3. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Absolutely. The way I see it right now is that we hardly have any backups apart from the men's singles. Men's doubles only got Sat/Chi who often gets shaky but I am sure that's going to change after this huge win. Arjun/Dhruv have potential but they need to cross that fine line which is holding them back. PV Sindhu doesn't have anyone to share the mantle with. In women's doubles only Treesa/Gayatri have shown signs that they can challenge the row. XD is currently non existent and I don't see Tanisha/Ishaan up there as of yet. So all in all there are a lot of loopholes which needs to be fixed. I think China, Japan and Korea have the most stable teams if we talk about all 5 disciplines. Then there is Indonesia, Malaysia, Chinese Taipei, Denmark who have a strong men's team but have missing links in the women's department. Thailand has exactly opposite situation. India is in the mix. To be able to do well in a mixed team event we atleast need a reliable WD and XD combination.

Airos, Baddie lover and badmuse like this.
  4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    There are lessons to be learned from Saina PV in team events. Players should accept what is perceived as best for the country as a whole. It's the role of the association, coaches and players to do what's best for the country. Sometimes bringing on an injured player is a tactical advantage - Indonesia did this for their no.1 singles player in 1998 Thomas cup who clearly couldn't last two games.

badmuse, Airos, arjevo and 1 other person like this.
  5. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Wow, this is new to me. Can you tell the story why they did this ?

Airos likes this.
  6. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

I can feel that there is a good team bonding in the men's team. I remember Lakshya and Srikanth coaching each other in one of the tournaments when they were without coaches, despite them being from different academies.
    That sort of camaraderie helped in winning the title.
    Not seen such bonding in the women's team with Saina or Sindhu, maybe because the difference between them and other Indian girls is vast. If they had trained together and with other girls, it could have benefited everyone.

7. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Ya, the Sudirman cup needs a medal from India.
    Also, we haven't actually won the All England in a long time. Several players(most recently Lakshya) have come close and medaled, but none managed to win. Sindhu did win the world tour finals though - which was huge.

badmuse likes this.
  8. Baddie lover

And also how Srikanth gave the credit to Vimal Kumar for the success was so touching. There was a sense of familyhood in the team if that's any term. You could see Vimal, Sen Sr., Boe, that obese doubles coach, Sidayat everyone talking with each other and congratulating each other. For once, there was no discord among the two academies. Very heartening to see.

9. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Also, I liked the fact it was Priyanshu who lifted the trophy first. It is very clear that the team bonding was good. And you probably cannot win a big team event without good team bonding.

rajat_remar, Anks, badmuse and 2 others like this.
  10. thiwul

thiwul Regular Member

india is lucky to win thomas cup

i doubt they can repeat it

11. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    It takes a lot of skill and talent and a little bit of luck to succeed. India had both with them this time and they might have the same in the future, infact I am sure they will. Success creates more success however little it may be, that's not a hidden secret.

12. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

India will definitely win the Thomas Cup again! At a later stage they will also win the Sudirman and Uber Cup. It's difficult to believe and digest that Indians can play badminton and match the best teams in the world. Over the coming years India will become better and stronger. :)

Baddie lover likes this.
  13. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

samkool likes this.
  14. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    I can still see most of them in the draw apart from Lakshya and Satvik/Chi. I think Lakshya never entered the draw. Not sure about the latter.

Baddyforall likes this.
  15. Baddie lover

This coronana, tepokbulu sh*t always comes up with different id even after getting repeatedly banned by moderator. Well, India repeats this performance or not but you certainly repeat your stupid nature of posts :D

Anks, arjevo and Cheung like this.
  16. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

That kind of dedication and discipline , indian players need to learn. Here in India, most of the time, players do what comes to their mind. Coaches are not forcing them. That's the problem. They should have a guidelines( now they are trying to bring that. Something like selection trials etc, before there was nothing) which should say that if you dont obey, you wont be funded ,something like that. The problem is, they make them celebrities and then if you try to discipline them, media make it so much drama about it. As far as Uber team is concerned, india still need to do lots of work.

17. Baddyforall

Ok God. We heard you.

arjevo likes this.
  18. Baddyforall

He discussed indian team's possibilities against every top team. It is commendable. I recognised some mistakes. Not to take anything away from him, he mentioned Shi yuqi in the place of first singles for china. I think he does not follow badminton regularly but wrote the whole article using ranking list and results. Commendable. But he is quite knowledgeable person when it comes to 50's and 70's players.

badmuse likes this.
  19. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    And you have to be the unluckiest person on the planet cause neither could you ever win a tiny junior cup nor a senior cup.

I doubt you would ever win anything in your life :D

Baddie lover likes this.
  20. mohans

mohans Regular Member

SatChi apparently withdrew. I don’t understand why SK & HSP decided to play. They should be coming back home to rejoice this victory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk